OT: PSU to remove all showers from campus | The Boneyard

OT: PSU to remove all showers from campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just pure awesomeness: http://www.statecollege.com/news/columns/jeff-byers-cleaning-up-the-problem-1116803/

“For too long, Penn State fostered a culture of cleanliness, not only for adults but for its children as well and it really prevailed over all else. This will help foster an environment where the university can rebuild its culture of academics and not get so caught up in hygiene,” NCAA President Mark Emmert asserted."

Reaction Score
this type of stuff is why i went form hating just Jerry Sandusky and company, to condemning the whole institution. this toolbox thinks he's being funny but he's just a . i really don't see why any PSU student/alumni/anything should be making jokes about this. he does it b/c the idiots at PSU think they're the victims due to Emmerts' penalties. i'm still waiting for the protest about why PSU allowed a pedophile to set up his home base on campus to rape local children, but i don't think it'll be nearly as vocal as the protests about them not being able to play in a bowl game. if i lived near State College and my kids were anywhere near the age of Sandusky's target audience i'm pretty sure i'd have driven to JoePa's house and kicked his ass myself.

Reaction Score
Is this real? It reads like something from the Onion. No showers on the whole campus?

Reaction Score
this type of stuff is why i went form hating just Jerry Sandusky and company, to condemning the whole institution. this toolbox thinks he's being funny but he's just a . i really don't see why any PSU student/alumni/anything should be making jokes about this. he does it b/c the idiots at PSU think they're the victims due to Emmerts' penalties. i'm still waiting for the protest about why PSU allowed a pedophile to set up his home base on campus, but i don't think it'll be nearly as focal as the protests about them not being able to play in a bowl game. if i lived near State College and my kids were anywhere near the age of Sandusky's target audience i'm pretty sure i'd have driven to JoePa's house and kicked his ass myself.

Ahh, its a joke. I agree with you, not funny.

Reaction Score
"if i lived near State College and my kids were anywhere near the age of Sandusky's target audience i'm pretty sure i'd have driven to JoePa's house and kicked his ass myself. "

Yeah...ok...

If you don't think that article was funny then you may lack a sense of humor. Not all kids on campus protested the JoPa firing and there were plenty of under reported vigils for the victims. This article was pretty funny.

Reaction Score
this type of stuff is why i went form hating just Jerry Sandusky and company, to condemning the whole institution. this toolbox thinks he's being funny but he's just a . i really don't see why any PSU student/alumni/anything should be making jokes about this. he does it b/c the idiots at PSU think they're the victims due to Emmerts' penalties. i'm still waiting for the protest about why PSU allowed a pedophile to set up his home base on campus to rape local children, but i don't think it'll be nearly as vocal as the protests about them not being able to play in a bowl game. if i lived near State College and my kids were anywhere near the age of Sandusky's target audience i'm pretty sure i'd have driven to JoePa's house and kicked his ass myself.

Thank you.

Reaction Score
"if i lived near State College and my kids were anywhere near the age of Sandusky's target audience i'm pretty sure i'd have driven to JoePa's house and kicked his ass myself. "

Yeah...ok...

If you don't think that article was funny then you may lack a sense of humor. Not all kids on campus protested the JoPa firing and there were plenty of under reported vigils for the victims. This article was pretty funny.

No, it's not funny. There is nothing funny about child rape. Especially when the underlying implications were that PSU was punished unfairly or people held in high regard had their entire legacy wiped to hell.

When they announced the findings of the Freeh Report, did you see the looks of horror on the students' faces like when Emmert announced the penalties?

Reaction Score

Yeah...ok...

Nah, it ain't funny. Nothing about the entire PSU community turning a blind eye to homosexual pedophile butt duck*ing is funny.

Reaction Score
"entire PSU community"

You don't know what an entire PSU Community thinks. You see what they show you on tv and project it on every PSU Alumn or current student? You would def be upset if this happened on the UCONN campus, I get that. So would I (but the dirty little secret is that there would also be UConn fans acting like those bad PSU students they show on tv.). There are a ton of people upset in the right way on the PSU campus but you never hear from them. This was funny because there are a lot of innocent PSU people being unwillingly dragged into this and this is their way of responding in a creative way. It is funny because it is satire, irony. Do you know what SATIRE is? Read "A Modest Proposal" (if you can get it sent to your ivory tower, that is).

Reaction Score
"If you don't think that article was funny then you may lack a sense of humor.

not true at all. i'll have you know i find myself hilarious

personally, i don't think Emmert should have punished PSU b/c i don't think it's their jurisdiction, and all it did was deflect attention to the football program, instead of where it belongs which extends well beyond. i think more would be accomplished by punishing those that looked the other way than punishing the sports program. this stuff happens in churches, boy scouts, privates schools, and many other places that have nothing to do with sports, so i don't think this was a sports issue. it's much more important to me that Sandusky go to jail for life and that Curley and some of the other dirtbags that allowed it to happen spend some time in jail as well. that being said if we found out Calhoun did something similar (say cover up for Blaney doing something like this) which i think would be about as close a situation as we could find, i'd be a lot more pissed at Calhoun, and whatever UConn admins turned the other cheek than i would be about the NCAA. PSU fans don't seem to think that way. some of them still care more about JoePa's legacy. this seems to be another example of that mentality

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Yeah...ok...

Meh, it was okay, good concept with a decent line or two but just fair overall imo.

Reaction Score
If Michael Jackson's nose went "missing", so will these showers. Dallas Cowboy cheerleader toilets were sold from Texas Stadium, if I am recalling correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom