OT: Products That Can Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lady at Home Depot said they are illegal in Massachusetts.

I just ordered two.

Thanks
No problem. They are real easy to retrofit and just save time. Glad I could help.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
No problem. They are real easy to retrofit and just save time. Glad I could help.

I was literally just about to see if I could find an old one on eBay.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any LG appliance. They are $#&+.
Hope not. In the past year, new tv, new stove, new refer, new washer, and new dryer. All LG. All highly rated in Consumer Reports. Tv did die, motherboard replaced under warranty.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, I've had good results going to their competitor, Town Fair Tire. You'd expect the same thing, but it's worked out for me, 3 times.
Second that. Been using them for 25 years or more. Decent enough, but they really want to sell fancy wheels. For steel rims with winter tires they just say check junk yards. So I go to TireRack.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is what you need.

http://www.ruralking.com/media/cata...33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/i/hi-flo-bag_1.jpg

They sell them at most home improvement centers. Out fitted all my cans with them. Very easy to do and don't have to use them other ones again.

Good stuff. By the way, the website says the following:

ATTENTION!!!
IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING STATES YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED BY LAW TO PURCHASE THE GAS CAN SPOUT: CALIFORNIA, WASHINGTON D.C., DELAWARE, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, VIRGINIA. IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THESE STATES, YOU MAY PURCHASE THE EZ-POUR® WATER CAN SPOUT INSTEAD.

@temery Here's the hilarious work around they provide. The Fuel spout vs. the Water spout:

GasSpoutKit1.jpg
WaterSpoutKit.jpg

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Love it. Yes, I'll use it for water.

ATTENTION!!!
IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING STATES YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED BY LAW TO PURCHASE THE GAS CAN SPOUT: CALIFORNIA, WASHINGTON D.C., DELAWARE, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, VIRGINIA. IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THESE STATES, YOU MAY PURCHASE THE EZ-POUR® WATER CAN SPOUT INSTEAD.

@temery Here's the hilarious work around they provide. The Fuel spout vs. the Water spout:

GasSpoutKit1.jpg
WaterSpoutKit.jpg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Worst idea ever. I break them off, and use a funnel like a normal person.

I use a funnel any way. Everyone has filled the tank of a hot engine at one time or another. Even the best nozzle is going to spill some fuel before it hits the mouth of the tank. I use a large funnel, even for a small engine.

Reaction Score
I'll call BS. Any car built after 2005 should have an engine that can go 300k+ with proper servicing.
Would you buy a used car with 200k miles on it as your only means of transportation? Seals and gaskets dry out, engine parts get serious carbon build up, etc. And for every guy who has a story about his 300k that he got out of his car, there are plenty that don't make it close to that. When you get to that mileage and the inherent value decrease on your car, it doesn't take much to go wrong for the dollars and cents not to make sense.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Would you buy a used car with 200k miles on it as your only means of transportation? Seals and gaskets dry out, engine parts get serious carbon build up, etc. And for every guy who has a story about his 300k that he got out of his car, there are plenty that don't make it close to that. When you get to that mileage and the inherent value decrease on your car, it doesn't take much to go wrong for the dollars and cents not to make sense.

Yeah, but if Hillary is elected, that clunker may be worth some cash.

Reaction Score
I drove an older Audi once and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Things may have changed, but back then it was a $400 fix about every month until I sold it. Bought a 2002 Subaru Forester that runs great--has 170K and never had a problem since day one.
Love my Audi. Wouldn't trade it.

Reaction Score
In what sense and which one? I own one now and it certainly has it's advantages but the amount of blown head gaskets I've seen on prior and even the newer engines is a definite drawback. They havent just been using one engine all these years.
I think I have the original one. The battery sucks and it doesn't have much power. There is a customer service number but nobody answers.
As someone who knows next to nothing about cars and owns an 02 Forester that I posted about previously, should I be worried? I'm at the 170,000 mile mark...I knew about head gasket problems, but once you're at 170k and aren't experiencing leaks aren't you probably fine?
Subaru had problems with blown head gaskets up until about 2006. It is no longer a problem. At 170K you have no complaints no matter what happens

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm going to add all vacuums to the list. And not because of anything to do with whether or not they work well. I just hate the sound of a vacuum. Like when the cleaning people come to the office at 5:05 p.m. and start running the vacuum, in between their chuckle-patch chatter. Drives me absofreakinglutely crazy.

I'm out.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think I have the original one. The battery sucks and it doesn't have much power. There is a customer service number but nobody answers.

Subaru had problems with blown head gaskets up until about 2006. It is no longer a problem. At 170K you have no complaints no matter what happens
But his is an 02...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm going to add all vacuums to the list. And not because of anything to do with whether or not they work well. I just hate the -ing sound of a vacuum. Like when the cleaning people come to the office at 5:05 p.m. and start running the vacuum, in between their chuckle-patch chatter. Drives me absofreakinglutely crazy.

I'm out.

Give her a cashmere sweater. Maybe she will wait until you leave.

20cd7a517c8a3f8d0d8712151d51b174.jpg

Reaction Score
Old Spice (lots of chemical burn victims)
Tooth paste (probably made in China, have had variations of Colgate that absolutely burned my mouth)
GMO plants w/o viable offspring
Flint municipal water

Reaction Score
Sports announcers who talk like Yoda. Learn to speak proper English dip wads. The worst are announcers who used to speak English and moved into Yoda-speak after their illiterate compatriots started doing it. I'm classifying them as a "product" because they talk on TV.

Reaction Score
Every damn prescription drug advertised on TV that shows people smiling and how happy the family is and how it helps you through your life and then comes out with the side affects that will damn near practically KILL you!!!!

Reaction Score

ATTENTION!!!

GasSpoutKit1.jpg
WaterSpoutKit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member