OT - PrayForPat (merged thread) | The Boneyard

OT - PrayForPat (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Having experienced my mother's enduring and suffering through Alzheimer's for the last seven years of her life, please know, if you have no experience with it, that it is a cruel, cruel ordeal. I am convinced that my mother would have been much better served had she not lived quite as long as she did. As morbid as that may sound to some, it comes only from love and respect.

Anyone who is an ardent fan of women's basketball, regardless of loyalties and the foibles of competition, must respect and admire the manifold achievements of Pat Summitt. I certainly do. My hopes and prayers for Pat, her family, and the entire UT community, is that peace, joy, and tranquility accompany her for the remainder of her journey. Godspeed, Pat Summitt.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Having experienced my mother's enduring and suffering through Alzheimer's for the last seven years of her life, please know, if you have no experience with it, that it is a cruel, cruel ordeal. I am convinced that my mother would have been much better served had she not lived quite as long as she did. As morbid as that may sound to some, it comes only from love and respect.

Anyone who is an ardent fan of women's basketball, regardless of loyalties and the foibles of competition, must respect and admire the manifold achievements of Pat Summitt. I certainly do. My hopes and prayers for Pat, her family, and the entire UT community, is that peace, joy, and tranquility accompany her for the remainder of her journey. Godspeed, Pat Summitt.

Well said, JavaMan. We are in the same situation and it's heartbreaking, every single day.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

My mother's last few years were a torment of suffering by the family. Given the choice, she would opted for an earlier, merciful death.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear it. I wish the best for her and her family.
upload_2016-6-26_10-39-5.png

Reaction Score

Well said JM, my Dad went through it for almost 10 years before he passed. It was a huge emotional burden for the family and my Mom especially.

Pat Summit- what a fierce, proud, competitor and lady - the best UCONN has ever faced over the years. I wish she was still on the sidelines and playing us in the opening game this year.

All the best to the family and Tennessee fans.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
just saw the latest on Yahoo:
Past few days 'difficult' for former Tennessee coach Summitt

Really heartbreaking.
Definitely not OT

As on-topic as can be
Good for Catchings...she's got her priorities right.
Candace was also able to make it to Knoxville after the game in Minnesota on Friday. My grandmother had dementia. This is so hard on family and friends as some of you sadly know all to well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just heartbreaking. Prayers for her and her family...

Reaction Score
Praying for Coach Summitt.

Question:
Many players and coaches set up charities. Do they fold after they pass away?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We can only hope - and pray - that God will take Coach Pat Summitt into the palm of Her Divine Hand to comfort her and grant her peace in the time she remains among us.

Reaction Score
Praying for Coach Summitt.

Question:
Many players and coaches set up charities. Do they fold after they pass away?

Hopefully any remaining funds will go to Alzheimers research.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
God that's such a horrendous disease. It's painful watching people who were Lions and larger than life just the other day, deteriate so rapidly. It's painful. God bless her - she will remain a Titan in all our eyes!

Reaction Score
Well said, JavaMan. We are in the same situation and it's heartbreaking, every single day.
My heart goes out to you Nan. I experienced a couple of months of my father having dementia as he died of cancer. I can't imagine going through it over a period of years.

Reaction Score
Former Tennessee coach Pat Summitt facing ‘difficult’ days in Alzheimer’s battle

This is very sad. I don't know exactly what they mean by "difficult days." Perhaps she's stopped swallowing. Perhaps stopped talking, or recognizing family members. Alzheimer's is a very cruel disease. It's cruel for the patient, and cruel to loved ones.

Our thoughts are with all of her family, friends, former players, and all others who are hurting for her.

I don't know what to say for Pat Summitt. When my mother died of Alzheimer's after suffering the inexorable decline for over a decade, I considered it a merciful release. Alzheimer's patients' loved ones have an expression for the disease: "the long goodbye." I feel for her and all those who love her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom