OT: Prayers Requested | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Prayers Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'm home and working on my next 10,000 posts. :)

My prayers were with you before your surgery. I join all of our fellow Boneyarders in expressing our gratitude that it went well and our joy that you are now recovering well.:)

Having said that, be advised all bets are off after reading your threat to work on 10,000 more posts.:mad:

Reaction Score
Hi everyone! To paraphrase Tina Charles, I'm baaaack! :)

Thanks to everyone for the positive wishes!!

I haven't seen the doc post-op yet, but I do know that he removed only part of the kidney, which is a good thing and was not a foregone conclusion given the location of the tumor. My son says the doc thinks he removed all the bad stuff. Whew!

How many recruits committed while I was under anesthesia? :)
If you had to have a problem with an organ, it was good you picked one that's redundant.

You do know that while you were under anesthesia, someone had to be appointed to assume your Boneyard duties. I don't want to tell you who that was. Just let me say, don't do that again!! Welcome back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you had to have a problem with an organ, it was good you picked one that's redundant.

You do know that while you were under anesthesia, someone had to be appointed to assume your Boneyard duties. I don't want to tell you who that was. Just let me say, don't do that again!! Welcome back.
LOL! I'll try very hard not to do this again.

You are right about the kidneys. I understand that I need 0.5 kidney to avoid dialysis. I had 1.85 after the first partial and have about 1.6 now. No complaints! :)

Reaction Score
LOL! I'll try very hard not to do this again.

You are right about the kidneys. I understand that I need 0.5 kidney to avoid dialysis. I had 1.85 after the first partial and have about 1.6 now. No complaints! :)

1.6 also happens to be the cumulative GPA of UNC athletes in classes that actually exist. Great to have you back Ken!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Glad to hear the good news. My son has been operating with 1.2 for about ten years now with no problems. That is a helluva coincidence about the GPA; I hadn't realized it was that high, though.

Reaction Score
So glad it went well MH. I think we've covered this before but I had a radical nephrectomy, also in 2006. The tumor was the size of a baseball with a big bite taken out. Everything has been good since then--I get my annual looksie next month.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the procedure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So glad it went well MH. I think we've covered this before but I had a radical nephrectomy, also in 2006. The tumor was the size of a baseball with a big bite taken out. Everything has been good since then--I get my annual looksie next month.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the procedure.
Thanks! 8 years is a fairly long time, so your condition sounds stable. My first tumor was a little smaller than a golf ball. The second was even smaller. The doc told me that, though the papillary type of tumor is less aggressive than the clear cell type, it is more likely to recur. My brother had a radical about 4 years ago. Bad genes!

Reaction Score
For the second time in 8 years, I have a partial nephrectomy scheduled. I have renal cell carcinoma of the papillary (apparently less serious) type that needs to be removed. I had the same procedure, done laparoscopically with the DaVinci Robot, in 2006, and it worked beautifully. I'm hoping for equally good results this time.

Surgery is set for 7:30 AM tomorrow. With any luck, I'll be back to posting by Wednesday or so, probably even less coherently than usual, as the pain meds are quite powerful.

I know many of you are people of faith and some have magical powers in terms of creating good vibes or influencing karma, mojo, etc. Anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated. I hope to be healthy so I can attend the Team USA game in Bridgeport, all the games in Turkey, and the Final Four in Tampa.

Thanks in advance.

Milford/Ken

You're my namesake (we have the same first name.. small world)... My prayers go out to you. Lord, I ask that you watch over MilfordHusky as he goes thru this procedure. Keep him safe and allow him to make a FULL recovery, in Jesus' name. Amen

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Milford - hope your recovery is going well - hope you don't need too many percocets - I found (post surgery) that a side effect of them is feeling "blue"...got off them and fell much sunnier pretty quickly. Hope you are in training for your trip to Turkey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom