OT: Prayers Requested | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Prayers Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't check the board much in the summer, so I missed this yesterday, and your surgery has already happened, but please accept intense prayers and wishes for a timely and complete recovery.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hi everyone! To paraphrase Tina Charles, I'm baaaack! :)

Thanks to everyone for the positive wishes!!

I haven't seen the doc post-op yet, but I do know that he removed only part of the kidney, which is a good thing and was not a foregone conclusion given the location of the tumor. My son says the doc thinks he removed all the bad stuff. Whew!

How many recruits committed while I was under anesthesia? :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I haven't seen the doc post-op yet, but I do know that he removed only part of the kidney, which is a good thing and was not a foregone conclusion given the location of the tumor. My son says the doc thinks he removed all the bad stuff. Whew!

Great news, Ken !!

Very , very glad to hear that the upside scenario (re: kidney) held true - I know you'll be back to your UCONN Scouting duties in no time!

Reaction Score
I did not see this until just now. So happy to hear it all went well and the docs think they got it all. Very impressive that you are back on the board already. Truly amazing what they can do these days and how quickly people recover their strength.

Since I missed the first call for prayers, I am extending prayers for a speedy recovery and freedom from tumors for the rest of your life.

Blessings!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Glad all went well for you. Looking forward to seeing you in Bridgeport and in Istanbul!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I did not see this until just now. So happy to hear it all went well and the docs think they got it all. Very impressive that you are back on the board already. Truly amazing what they can do these days and how quickly people recover their strength.

Since I missed the first call for prayers, I am extending prayers for a speedy recovery and freedom from tumors for the rest of your life.

Blessings!
Thanks! We can support each other in our quest for good health. :)

I read Geno's book on pursuing perfection after my 2006 surgery. I was really interested in the content and looking for a light read, so it met my needs very well. There was some real irony in reading that my favorite coach's father passed away from kidney cancer, while I was myself recovering from kidney cancer surgery.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Happy to hear the surgery went well. I'm counting on seeing you in Istanbul (and hopefully Bridgeport). Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
My sister had the same operation in the mid-nineties.

She's still around but I'm not sure how. The knucklehead won't stop smoking cigarettes...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm heading home in a few minutes with a few bandages on my abdomen and a bottle of Percocet in my pocket. My son will be driving.

Reaction Score

MIL: Very happy news. Rest easy. (Oh, how many recruits committed what??)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm home and working on my next 10,000 posts. :)

Thanks to everyone!! It is so wonderful to be part of this amazing and supportive community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom