OT: Peyton Manning... | The Boneyard

OT: Peyton Manning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
He's agreed to sign with Denver, who reportedly are looking to now trade Tim Tebow.

If Jacksonville doesn't end up with Tebow somehow, they deserve to rot in NFL purgatory for another couple of decades. No-brainer of no-brainers...

Reaction Score
As a Giants fan I was afraid he was going to the 49ers, he still could because its not official yet that he is on the Broncos. The 49ers would have been his best shot at a superbowl, you get 2 big play receivers in Moss and Manningham, as well as great defense and special teams, and a solid running game. I hope he stays in the AFC, the NFC is already stacked enough as it is with Qbs.

Reaction Score
He's agreed to sign with Denver, who reportedly are looking to now trade Tim Tebow.

If Jacksonville doesn't end up with Tebow somehow, they deserve to rot in NFL purgatory for another couple of decades. No-brainer of no-brainers...

No brained to sell tickets, but many do not think he is a qb who could lead a team to a super bowl.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
The offer from Denver must have been substancially more than SF assuming they both offered. He would be a fool to turn down SF if they had comparable numbers to Denver because they would have been an immediate Superbowl favorite this year. Great defense with all 11 starters back, great running back, good Oline, good receivers/really good TE. On paper they would have been really tough to beat.

In Denver they will still be the 3-4 AFC team at best behind the Pats, Steelers and probably equal to Houston, SD, etc.

Reaction Score

Based on what little knowledge I have about his injury, he's absolutely crazy to attempt playing football. I had a fusion recommended to me, and did everything I could to find another solution. Luckily a chiropractor was able to help. From what I've heard and read, a fusion might only last a few years before necessitating more work above and below the original site. Playing in the NFL could end up paralyzing him for life.

Reaction Score
The offer from Denver must have been substancially more than SF assuming they both offered. He would be a fool to turn down SF if they had comparable numbers to Denver because they would have been an immediate Superbowl favorite this year. Great defense with all 11 starters back, great running back, good Oline, good receivers/really good TE. On paper they would have been really tough to beat.

In Denver they will still be the 3-4 AFC team at best behind the Pats, Steelers and probably equal to Houston, SD, etc.

It didnt come down to money. the numbers manning wanted in his contract (years & $) was already agreed upon by all 3 interested teams. Besides that they havent even gotten down to details yet (guaranteed, bonuses, etc.) part of it came down to not wanting to play against his brother, denver's running game, stingy defense, and ability to be flexible on offense all played a role in him picking denver.

Reaction Score
Gotta feel for Jon Fox. Last year he had to put up with Tebow mania dictating his offense, now he becomes Manning's assistant coach.

U

UCONNfan1

No brained to sell tickets, but many do not think he is a qb who could lead a team to a super bowl.
Bingo. Tebow has many "intangibles" but lacks passing skills and is an average NFL QB at best. i can't imagine a team frahchising or building around him.

Reaction Score
Bingo. Tebow has many "intangibles" but lacks passing skills and is an average NFL QB at best. i can't imagine a team frahchising or building around him.

I had to painfully watch him in the Chiefs game last year (I idiotically took the Broncos in Vegas). Oof. Teams will figure out that gimmick offense, much like teams figured out the wildcat. He has a terrible feel in the passing game.

That said, for a team like the Jaguars who struggle to sell tickets, Tebow would be a good signing to get people in the seats. But not for advancing in the playoffs.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Tebow did put Denver in the playoffs last year along with the defense. While Tebow isn't your typical quarterback he does win.

Manning was never going to San Francisco as he didn't want to be in the same conference as his brother, plus Denver is paying him $95 million for what 5 years. Denver needs some offensive talent now to go along with their defense.

Reaction Score
Being old-school, maybe Tebow should try a different position.

Reaction Score
What, like get on both knees?
On his face.

Matthew 26:39 - "And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a rap song about that position? Face down up, that's the way we like to f......
Not a rap fan, wouldn't know. But if there's such lyrics, Tim Tebow is not who'd come to my mind.

Reaction Score

do you care to qualify that statement? i don't think you can ever blame someone for not pickng up a sub 50% passer. keep in mind too that he's a 40% passer in the playoffs. maybe he'll improve if someone gives him the chance, but as much as Jacksonville could use a publicity boost they need to win games first and foremost. also from the little bit i know about their owner, he doesn't seem to care what his fans think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom