OT: Pats (take 3) | The Boneyard

OT: Pats (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Might want to kick a little more dirt off of that coffin.

Some posts from about a month ago look a little silly now.

Reaction Score
The Pats won't be dead until Brady retires. Of course they could end up as zombies like the Colts going from Manning to Luck...

Reaction Score
As a Pats fan I'm glad to be wrong, but I also know they're a Gronk injury away from the offense falling apart again. Given that it seems like everyone now tries to tackle him low, I hold my breath on every catch he makes.

Reaction Score
As a Pats fan I'm glad to be wrong, but I also know they're a Gronk injury away from the offense falling apart again. Given that it seems like everyone now tries to tackle him low, I hold my breath on every catch he makes.

That one-handed catch was absurd.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Just be happy you're not a 49er fan. That loss today was gut wrenching.

Reaction Score
Is it too much to ask to have the Pats visit Denver during the regular season at least once before Manning retires? ;)

Reaction Score
Is it too much to ask to have the Pats visit Denver during the regular season at least once before Manning retires? ;)

It's a rotating schedule. They have the next 3 in Denver when the AFC East plays the AFC West. Trade you Denver in the regular season for Foxboro in the post season.

Reaction Score
Brady was great and made some unreal passes. Gronk was even beater. But the Pats defense won the game. They held well. So many well-defended passes from Manning that we're incomplete.

Reaction Score

I don't know why people say this.

Last 10 years:

2004: at Denver
2005: Denver
2006: Patriots
2008: Patriots
2009: Denver
2011: Denver
2012: Patriots
2013: Patriots
2014: Patriots

Last Decade it's 5-4.

As for Manning and the Colts...

2003: Indy
2004: Patriots
2005: Patriots
2007: Indy
2008: Indy
2009: Indy
2010: Patriots

4-4 when Manning was there.

In other words, it evens out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You see Ward hit Gronk low in the knees again? Was livid. To Gronks credit he got his legs out quick.

Reaction Score
People will jump off of Bridges after September but they have been 2-2 after four games three times since Brady/Belichick became who they are...

2003 (2-2 and won the Super Bowl)
2005 (this team was 5-5! Lost in divisional round)
2012 (this team was 3-3 and went to the AFC Championship game)

In most other seasons, they had at least one loss in September.

The knee jerk reactions to a team losing (or winning) one game is increasingly annoying.

Reaction Score
I don't know why people say this.

Last 10 years:

2004: at Denver
2005: Denver
2008: Patriots
2009: Denver
2011: Denver
2012: Patriots
2013: Patriots
2014: Patriots

Last Decade it's 5-4.

As for Manning and the Colts...

2003: Indy
2004: Patriots
2005: Patriots
2007: Indy
2008: Indy
2009: Indy
2010: Patriots

4-4 when Manning was there.

In other words, it evens out.

I did put the winky face in there you know...it was a bit tongue it cheek. We Broncos fans are on borrowed time here with Manning. We dont have 5 more years for this to even out!

Reaction Score
You see Ward hit Gronk low in the knees again? Was livid. To Gronks credit he got his legs out quick.

Yeah and brady was livid when a guy tackled him earlier in the game just after a throw..........can people tackle these guys or are they teflon? C'mon

They're playing excellent let's not make them unhittable now!

Reaction Score
I get that you need to hit someone like Gronk low, but to target his knees like Ward did in the clip below (and several other times) is uncalled for.

Mau is right, to an extent, you can't hit like you used to but Brady and Manning are among the qb's who receive late hit flags the least.

Reaction Score
I get that you need to hit someone like Gronk low, but to target his knees like Ward did in the clip below (and several other times) is uncalled for.

Mau is right, to an extent, you can't hit like you used to but Brady and Manning are among the qb's who receive late hit flags the least.

Wait, you're seriously upset about that?

Reaction Score

Please guys this is beyond ridiculous. The man is a beast compared to the corners, is he supposed to line him up and hit him in the chest? That's a nice tackle and he was under his knee anyway........

Wow you guys win, convincingly and still whine.

Reaction Score
Going low, lining his helmet up with a guy's knee, and launching with no attempt to wrap and tackle? Yes, that upsets me. Not to mention later in the game when he threw his shoulder at Gronk's knee after lining him up coming across the middle.

I get tackling low because of his size and the emphasis on protecting the head but wrap at the thighs or at least make an attempt. The number of knee injuries due to trauma is way up, as many predicted, since the NFL began protecting against hits to the head (which they had to do).

Reaction Score
Tackle Gronk up high and you're either going to bounce off, get a concussion yourself, or break your collarbone. The dude is a freak.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah and brady was livid when a guy tackled him earlier in the game just after a throw.....can people tackle these guys or are they teflon? C'mon

They're playing excellent let's not make them unhittable now!

Eh, hitting is fine. But ACL shots are not. And it was me that was pissed, not Gronk.

Brady's just trying to get a flag, as all good QBs should. But when it's Brady, everyone complains.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Please guys this is beyond ridiculous. The man is a beast compared to the corners, is he supposed to line him up and hit him in the chest? That's a nice tackle and he was under his knee anyway...

Wow you guys win, convincingly and still whine.

If it was your guy, and he blew out his ACL, you'd be pissed. Plain and simple really.

Also, Ward is the guy who shredded Gronk's ACL last year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I get tackling low because of his size and the emphasis on protecting the head but wrap at the thighs or at least make an attempt. The number of knee injuries due to trauma is way up, as many predicted, since the NFL began protecting against hits to the head (which they had to do).

These guys don't care about little sniveling knee injuries. Shredding ACLs is part of football! A man's league after all.

Reaction Score
There's hardly a game that goes by where corners and safeties don't go to the feet of tight ends who are running the seam and fullbacks who are larger also. That just happened to be a guy who made a nice tackle on a guy he unfortunately injured back in the day. Shame on him for making a play. Next time he should try to arm tackle the 270 lb gorilla so he can walk into the end zone!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Now you're talking!

Hey I get it, he's your guy and this guy hurt him last time. But he had to make that play in order to actually make a play. Ground is on a roll, making a huge difference in the Pats and Brady as we speak and he susceptible to injury as we've seen. Can't stop people from hitting him though no matter how it takes to stop the train, and this is a locomotive. He was much lower than the knee and had zero intent from what I can see - overreaction by some!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom