OT: Patriots | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Patriot nation would have been beside themselves if that's all the penalty was on the Chiefs I promise. Heard the fat dude on with Joe D a while ago and said the only difference in his play and the LB from the Bengals is Danny was trying to make a play? What a idiot homer statement.

I don't recall Burfict being tossed from that game. The both were flagged for unsportsmanlike.

Burfict is considered dirty because he has a history and the game was chippy all game.

The Pats were the receiving team, not the Chiefs. If Amendola was blocking the Chiefs' player facing down field facing away from his own goal post, the general play would have been legal. Him cracking back an "blocking" the Chiefs' player into the end zone was the illegal part of the play. Didn't matter really whether the Pats started on the 5 or 2 1/2 yardline.

Reaction Score
Uh, it makes sense. The ball was live when Amendola went for the block (as he's coached to do). Burfict's hit came after the ball was past, and for all intents and purposes, the play is dead vis a vis a receiver.

Hilarious - he went for the head. Oh wait no he didn't he plays for the Pats. Dirty play but will ever hear it from the Pats fans.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Hilarious - he went for the head. Oh wait no he didn't he plays for the Pats. Dirty play but will ever hear it from the Pats fans.
And he got flagged for it.

Reaction Score
And he got flagged for it.

What is the difference between him and the Burfict play? They both went head hunting yet I hear on the radio all day there is no comparison according to Pats fans? Of course there is both guys tried to separate their opponents head from his shoulders. Sure it's a penalty of course it is, but let's get some confirmation from Pats fans that the only difference in the 2 is Danny A doesn't have history on the books.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well history does have a lot to do with it. Granted Amendola is a wide out, he doesn't have quite so many opportunities to throw cheapshots.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What is the difference between him and the Burfict play? They both went head hunting yet I hear on the radio all day there is no comparison according to Pats fans?

Again, one's a live ball where a guy is trying to make a play. The other is an effectively dead play. The simple act of trying to block someone is more extenuating than simply clipping a guys head off while running by for no apparent reason. That's a huge difference.

Nobody is absolving him of a penalty. Everyone thinks it was. The reason people don't think Amendola was head hunting is mostly because its out of character; hell, many Pats fans even called him soft just last year. Burfict on the other hand was in character; he's a borderline criminal, ever since his college days. And frankly, the Patriots are disciplined (not perfect) and the Bengals rival only the Bills for most undisciplined teams in the game. Which fits the pattern?

Amendola's also smaller than Fleming, so a block requires more force. Burfict, on the other hand, dwarfs Brown.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again, one's a live ball where a guy is trying to make a play. The other is an effectively dead play. The simple act of trying to block someone is more extenuating than simply clipping a guys head off while running by for no apparent reason. That's a huge difference.

Nobody is absolving him of a penalty. Everyone thinks it was. The reason people don't think Amendola was head hunting is mostly because its out of character; hell, many Pats fans even called him soft just last year. Burfict on the other hand was in character; he's a borderline criminal, ever since his college days. And frankly, the Patriots are disciplined (not perfect) and the Bengals rival only the Bills for most undisciplined teams in the game. Which fits the pattern?

Amendola's also smaller than Fleming, so a block requires more force. Burfict, on the other hand, dwarfs Brown.

As you said the Pats are more disciplined (lol) and that's why its different - hilarious. And heck I didn't know Pats fans called him soft, geez then he couldn't have committed a dirty play. My bad geez I'm stupid.

Reaction Score

It's interesting that people think the Amendola play was so dirty and think he should be suspended, but I haven't heard a thing about extra punishment for Larry Fitzgerald delivering an illegal helmet to helmet block on Sunday.

Apparently, that's just football and doesn't deserve any additional scrutiny or punishment beyond the on-field penalty.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's interesting that people think the Amendola play was so dirty and think he should be suspended, but I haven't heard a thing about extra punishment for Larry Fitzgerald delivering an illegal helmet to helmet block on Sunday.

Apparently, that's just football and doesn't deserve any additional scrutiny or punishment beyond the on-field penalty.

Larry's not a Patriot.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
As you said the Pats are more disciplined (lol) and that's why its different - hilarious. And heck I didn't know Pats fans called him soft, geez then he couldn't have committed a dirty play. My bad geez I'm stupid.

I'm not saying it's impossible mau. I'm saying you gotta consider the extenuating circumstances and not just look at both plays in a vacuum. None of us are in either of those players' heads, so we can't KNOW for absolute certain, but taking into account the player, the play, and the team, you can come to a reasonable estimate. I realize were never going to agree on anything Patriots related mind you.

Oh, and as far as disciplined goes, the least penalized teams:

4. Patriots
22. Cincinnati

Eyeballing it, Cinci is top 4 in personal fouls too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not saying it's impossible mau. I'm saying you gotta consider the extenuating circumstances and not just look at both plays in a vacuum. None of us are in either of those players' heads, so we can't KNOW for absolute certain, but taking into account the player, the play, and the team, you can come to a reasonable estimate. I realize were never going to agree on anything Patriots related mind you.

Oh, and as far as disciplined goes, the least penalized teams:

4. Patriots
22. Cincinnati

Eyeballing it, Cinci is top 4 in personal fouls too.

Sorry dude I don't give 2 rats a**es about the TEAM discipline - he had as cheap of a shot on a defenseless player maybe worst than the Bengals LBer, history out the window. CHEAP shot period! You guys are relentless.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Sorry dude I don't give 2 rats a**es about the TEAM discipline - he had as cheap of a shot on a defenseless player maybe worst than the Bengals LBer, history out the window. CHEAP shot period! You guys are relentless.

LMAO!!! That same sort of thing (DA hit) happens every other game. Burfict knocked the guy clean out of the playoffs, after the play was effectively over. As someone else pointed out, Larry Fitzgerald did the same thing (see gif above) as Amendola last week, and nobody has said a pip. Patriot bias.

It's amazing the blinders you guys put on when discussing the Patriots. Comical even. If you don't consider context in every situation, you probably shouldn't be discussing it. Life is grey, not black and white. When it comes to the Pats, you guys are black and white to a fault.

Reaction Score

sorry, but you don't have the right to call anyone relentless when it comes to the patriots. you have a legit obsession with them. seriously - it's just a sports team, and not even one that you root for at that.

Reaction Score
LMAO!!! That same sort of thing (DA hit) happens every other game. Burfict knocked the guy clean out of the playoffs, after the play was effectively over. As someone else pointed out, Larry Fitzgerald did the same thing (see gif above) as Amendola last week, and nobody has said a pip. Patriot bias.

It's amazing the blinders you guys put on when discussing the Patriots. Comical even. If you don't consider context in every situation, you probably shouldn't be discussing it. Life is grey, not black and white. When it comes to the Pats, you guys are black and white to a fault.

Didn't see Fitzgerald show it to me so I can laugh. But if it's legit I will say it is. No blinders here it's you guys and the funniest thing you can't see it. They won the game and you still bitch and whine over people seeing the obvious.

Reaction Score
sorry, but you don't have the right to call anyone relentless when it comes to the patriots. you have a legit obsession with them. seriously - it's just a sports team, and not even one that you root for at that.

Ok Matt thanks. I watched a game, I saw a play that you guys can't be honest about. Not obsessed just laughing at you doped and you're need to be elite! "NOT the Patriots, we're the 4th best team at being NICE" Think of that it's football and intclz thinks this is a real reply - that's the Nation LOL

Keep it up the laughs are entertaining.;)

Reaction Score
Ok Matt thanks. I watched a game, I saw a play that you guys can't be honest about. Not obsessed just laughing at you doped and you're need to be elite! "NOT the Patriots, we're the 4th best team at being NICE" Think of that it's football and intclz thinks this is a real reply - that's the Nation LOL

Keep it up the laughs are entertaining.;)

I never said anything about the play. in fact, I watched the game out here with two other Patriots fans and we were all surprised that Amendola would do that...he's got no history of being a dirty player.
I'm just pointing out that you cant seem to keep yourself out of any discussion/argument that involves the patriots. you comment as much if not more than you do on the Giants threads.

Reaction Score
I never said anything about the play. in fact, I watched the game out here with two other Patriots fans and we were all surprised that Amendola would do that...he's got no history of being a dirty player.
I'm just pointing out that you cant seem to keep yourself out of any discussion/argument that involves the patriots. you comment as much if not more than you do on the Giants threads.

Ok yeah I do that Matt. I am in all Giant threads and if you want talk about that crap team let's go, start a thread? I am commenting on a play everyone talked about you don't like that my advice to you is don't read my replies if it bothers you so much.

Reaction Score
If Amendola led with the crown of his helmet to the face mask of the Chiefs player, how come you can see the top of his helmet when he hits him?

Like others have said, it was a penalty, but Fouts' description of what happened didn't match what happened on the field.

If that was college, Amendola would have been ejected for targeting. Lead with his helmet and the initial against a defenseless player was high.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Fitzgerald was obviously not leading with his helmet, he was leading with his shoulder and in fact turned his head. Any contact was incidental and in looking at the video numerous times, there was barely any helmet contact.

And as to the comparison between what Amendola did and what Burfict did... it's like a boxer delivering an uppercut a second before the bell and one who throws a sucker punch three seconds after the bell once the other boxer has dropped his defenses.

Reaction Score
When you star QB is hit on 20 times, or 30% of his of his drop backs, in the AFC title game with a coach and owner who expect to win the Super Bowl each year, there are going to be casualties. So, here's scapegoat #1.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...fensive-line-coach-dave-deguglielmo-part-ways

DeGuglielmo may or may not share the blame in this (I suspect the injuries to the Pat's OL were the main reason why their back-ups, 3 rookies, were eaten alive by a very good Broncos front seven); but, Brady was sacked the fewest time in the NFL last season when the won the SuperBowl.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If that was college, Amendola would have been ejected for targeting. Lead with his helmet and the initial against a defenseless player was high.
But it's college.

Amendola was fined. How does this not satisfy the Patriot hater?

Reaction Score
Just a little clip from the Globe on why regardless of who actually played in and won the Super Bowl, why the Pats should have been the best team in the NFL in 2015/6.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...UacdmM4zMFQVXbsJ/story.html?p1=feature_pri_hp

"With a couple of slightly altered plot twists—some of which the Patriots should have authored themselves—the goal of winning a fifth Super Bowl championship and second in a row could have been realized."

"This is not to take anything away from the Broncos, who beat the Patriots twice and overcame the performance of one of the least-effective Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks in history..."

"There’s no shame in suggesting the Patriots were the second-best team in the NFL. But there is frustration to be found in the very real possibility that they could have ended the season as the best had they not bollixed up the final Sunday of the regular season..."

"...but the hunch here, based on all of the odd circumstantial evidence, is that the Patriots took the Dolphins lightly in Week 17 because they thought the Steelers would beat Cincinnati in the wild-card round, then go to Denver and prevail in a divisional-round matchup. Such a series of results would have left the Patriots hosting the AFC Championship Game as the highest remaining seed in the conference..."

"As you may recall, the Patriots lost by two points in Denver in the AFC title game. Or I should say, they were somehow two points from tying a game in which their quarterback had been repeatedly and relentlessly pummeled...If that game had been played in New England, there’s a decent chance the Patriots win, and without too much suspense."

"I’m convinced the Patriots’ aggressive pass rush (they had just three fewer sacks than the league-leading Broncos in the regular season), versatile linebackers, and smart defensive backs would have tormented Newton in a similar manner. They would have fared better offensively than the Broncos did, too, since historically and in the moment, the Patriots have a superior quarterback."

Reaction Score
Just a little clip from the Globe on why regardless of who actually played in and won the Super Bowl, why the Pats should have been the best team in the NFL in 2015/6.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...UacdmM4zMFQVXbsJ/story.html?p1=feature_pri_hp

"With a couple of slightly altered plot twists—some of which the Patriots should have authored themselves—the goal of winning a fifth Super Bowl championship and second in a row could have been realized."

"This is not to take anything away from the Broncos, who beat the Patriots twice and overcame the performance of one of the least-effective Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks in history..."

"There’s no shame in suggesting the Patriots were the second-best team in the NFL. But there is frustration to be found in the very real possibility that they could have ended the season as the best had they not bollixed up the final Sunday of the regular season..."

"...but the hunch here, based on all of the odd circumstantial evidence, is that the Patriots took the Dolphins lightly in Week 17 because they thought the Steelers would beat Cincinnati in the wild-card round, then go to Denver and prevail in a divisional-round matchup. Such a series of results would have left the Patriots hosting the AFC Championship Game as the highest remaining seed in the conference..."

"As you may recall, the Patriots lost by two points in Denver in the AFC title game. Or I should say, they were somehow two points from tying a game in which their quarterback had been repeatedly and relentlessly pummeled...If that game had been played in New England, there’s a decent chance the Patriots win, and without too much suspense."

"I’m convinced the Patriots’ aggressive pass rush (they had just three fewer sacks than the league-leading Broncos in the regular season), versatile linebackers, and smart defensive backs would have tormented Newton in a similar manner. They would have fared better offensively than the Broncos did, too, since historically and in the moment, the Patriots have a superior quarterback."

Could've, Should've Would've any team that comes up short can make that same claim, there are no redos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom