OT - Patriots | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In retrospect, if there's one thing Broncos fans can thank Josh McDaniels for during his dumpster fire head coaching tenure, it's chasing Jay Cutler out of town. While its still ridiculous to think he picked Kyle Orton over Cutler, and eventually traded a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick to get Tim Tebow in the 1st round, Jay Cutler isnt going to take anyone to the promised land at this point. His flashes of brilliance are almost always book ended by complete head scratchers. I almost feel bad for Bears fans. Cutler is the highest paid QB in the league, and they are stuck.

Should be a great game next week with the Broncos/Patriots, although that's three straight seasons the Broncos visit Gillette stadium in the regular season. Apparently the next 3 seasons the Broncos get an AFC East team at home, so it eventually evens out I suppose.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Should be a great game next week with the Broncos/Patriots, although that's three straight seasons the Broncos visit Gillette stadium in the regular season. Apparently the next 3 seasons the Broncos get an AFC East team at home, so it eventually evens out I suppose.

Makes for a fun game having Brady and Manning square off while they can still play. I won't think this if the Pats lose of course, but there's still a little time left before kickoff to be magnanimous about it.

Reaction Score
Its the Bears. Bear fan here and our performance on offense this season has been an utter embarrassment and a disgrace. Cutler needs to go but unfortunately we are stuck with him. Cant see how we get rid of him.

Brady has had 4 good games in a row. I know the Bears have issues, but Brady's stats last 4 games have lead the league (downfield throwing, TDs, QBR, rating).

Reaction Score

GAH!!! you beat me to it, i was debating which of the "Brady is done" posts i should respond to (actually chose this one) to bump this thread. Great performance yesterday though, alot of fun, and good to see the O bringing back the hurry up. Also won a few bets with my co-workers out here...bragging rights are always nice esp after a beat down like that. Big game next week!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think the bears defense is harder to watch than the offense. It's non existent at times. Although, with all that talent on offense, you'd expect them to light up the scoreboard; not measuring up to expectations stings.

Don't look now, but I'll give you 3 guess who the Bears' Linebackers Coach is (first two don't count).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Its the Bears. Bear fan here and our performance on offense this season has been an utter embarrassment and a disgrace. Cutler needs to go but unfortunately we are stuck with him. Cant see how we get rid of him.
That offense should have no problem scoring points, but the sieve of a defense gives the offense a ready made excuse to give up (Though Cutler HAS to protect the ball better).

Reaction Score
Brady has had 4 good games in a row. I know the Bears have issues, but Brady's stats last 4 games have lead the league (downfield throwing, TDs, QBR, rating).

excellent point. in fact, our old friend Kevin Duffy posted this yesterday..

FOXBOROUGH -- On October 1, with one quarter of the season complete, Tom Brady was asked the following question during a press conference: Do you feel like you're past your prime?
On October 26, at the halfway point, here's your answer: Tom Brady's numbers have been better through eight games only once in his career. Here's the breakdown.
1.) 2007: 136.2 QB rating
198-for-267 (74.2 percent), 2,431 yards, 30 touchdowns, 2 interceptions
2). 2014: 104.6 QB rating
181-for-281 (64.4 percent), 2,059 yards, 18 touchdowns, 2 interceptions
3). 2012: 100.6 QB rating
209-for-320 (65.3 percent), 2,408 yards, 16 touchdowns, 3 interceptions
4). 2011: 99.9 QB rating
212-for-321 (66 percent), 2,703 yards, 20 touchdowns, 10 interceptions

Reaction Score
If you can't get to him and knock him down he's still one of the best period. But they will get to him.........and he doesn't like that all that much. We'll see but he and Gronk have it going....

Reaction Score
If you can't get to him and knock him down he's still one of the best period. But they will get to him....and he doesn't like that all that much. We'll see but he and Gronk have it going....

who's "they?"

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If you can't get to him and knock him down he's still one of the best period. But they will get to him....and he doesn't like that all that much. We'll see but he and Gronk have it going....

All quarterbacks are like this, but slower, pure pocket passers even moreso. Manning is the same way, which is where the phrase "Peyton Manning Happy Feet" comes from (Patriots fans used to laugh at this when we played more often). If Peyton is pressured and he can't get it out quick, he's not very accurate (his post season numbers reflect this). Fortunately, Peyton normally has a stud offensive line and an ungodly compliment of receivers. Guys like Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger can move away from pressure with their legs.

With respect to Brady, I think that meme has taken on more legs than it should. Most of the times you see it from Tom is when he's throwing to a bunch of also-rans or when the O-line completely implodes, as they did against the Giants in 2007. The Giants won that game completely with the defensive line.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
excellent point. in fact, our old friend Kevin Duffy posted this yesterday..

FOXBOROUGH -- On October 1, with one quarter of the season complete, Tom Brady was asked the following question during a press conference: Do you feel like you're past your prime?
On October 26, at the halfway point, here's your answer: Tom Brady's numbers have been better through eight games only once in his career. Here's the breakdown.
1.) 2007: 136.2 QB rating
198-for-267 (74.2 percent), 2,431 yards, 30 touchdowns, 2 interceptions
2). 2014: 104.6 QB rating
181-for-281 (64.4 percent), 2,059 yards, 18 touchdowns, 2 interceptions
3). 2012: 100.6 QB rating
209-for-320 (65.3 percent), 2,408 yards, 16 touchdowns, 3 interceptions
4). 2011: 99.9 QB rating
212-for-321 (66 percent), 2,703 yards, 20 touchdowns, 10 interceptions

One incredible stat from yesterday was that all 35 of Brady's throws were on target. ESPN has been tracking this stat since 2006 and has never seen that happen before. And almost all the throws were downfield. He threw to the flat and to the backs only 6 times. The incompletions yesterday were drops. 3 of them by Edelman, after he dropped a few last week as well. His most reliable guy has become the least reliable right now. And the new TE Tim Wright is something like 95% on targets to completions, which is another bizarre stat.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
One incredible stat from yesterday was that all 35 of Brady's throws were on target. ESPN has been tracking this stat since 2006 and has never seen that happen before. And almost all the throws were downfield. He threw to the flat and to the backs only 6 times. The incompletions yesterday were drops. 3 of them by Edelman, after he dropped a few last week as well. His most reliable guy has become the least reliable right now. And the new TE Tim Wright is something like 95% on targets to completions, which is another bizarre stat.

Didn't Edelman only have two drops (not positive some of the published box score stats are correct)? Pretty sure Vereen dropped one. And one of the throws was a deliberate throwaway, so it wouldn't be counted on the 'missed target' metric.

Edelmans drops have increased as he's been used less (the latter part being a positive development for the team). Hopefully JE can correct the former.

Reaction Score
Didn't Edelman only have two drops (not positive some of the published box score stats are correct)? Pretty sure Vereen dropped one. And one of the throws was a deliberate throwaway, so it wouldn't be counted on the 'missed target' metric.

Edelmans drops have increased as he's been used less (the latter part being a positive development for the team). Hopefully JE can correct the former.

I was reading the Pats message board. Someone wrote he had 3, but to be honest, I started to tune out in the second half. I had 2 soccer games going simultaneously with the Patriots second half.

Reaction Score
I was reading the Pats message board. Someone wrote he had 3, but to be honest, I started to tune out in the second half. I had 2 soccer games going simultaneously with the Patriots second half.

splitting hairs here. either way TB's numbers yesterday were incredible, regardless of who they were playing. will be a much more difficult test sunday, in all 3 phases.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
splitting hairs here. either way TB's numbers yesterday were incredible, regardless of who they were playing. will be a much more difficult test sunday, in all 3 phases.

Absolutely. I actually wouldn't be too bent out of shape if they drop (to keep in theme) that game. The Broncos are the best team in football right now. I also like having the metaphorical chip on their shoulder from a regular season loss come playoff time.

I think the Broncos high powered offense will fade a bit towards the end of the season. The vast majority of high flying O's normally do. It will be interesting to see how the team responds/plays at that point.

Reaction Score

I understand that but Brady does not play on defense. When you have Jeffery, Marshall, Bennett,Forte and a decent Oline there is absolutely NO EXCUSE to have 7 points at half time against ANYONE! If the Bear Offense doesnt go 3 and out on a consistant basis it would keep that absolutely abysmal offense off the field limiting the damage. Not taking anything away from Brady because he is great but Chicago is a joke right now.

Reaction Score
Bears are def a dumpster fire right now, but the Pats were beating most teams today. With reference to Brady's supposed downfall (not directed at you as I'm sure you could care less):

What Brady has accomplished since an embarrassing blowout loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 29 has been remarkable; he's 100-of-144 for 1,268 yards, 14 touchdowns and no interceptions.

I think the bears defense is harder to watch than the offense. It's non existent at times. Although, with all that talent on offense, you'd expect them to light up the scoreboard; not measuring up to expectations stings.

Just think, you could have Geno Smith. At least Cutler can complete a couple of passes.

I have the utmost respect for Brady and the Pats and found it hilarious the talking heads were ready to write Bradys eulogy a few weeks ago. The guy is great PERIOD! Could you imagine brady with the weapons the bears have on offense?!!!:eek:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I understand that but Brady does not play on defense. When you have Jeffery, Marshall, Bennett,Forte and a decent Oline there is absolutely NO EXCUSE to have 7 points at half time against ANYONE! If the Bear Offense doesnt go 3 and out on a consistant basis it would keep that absolutely abysmal offense off the field limiting the damage. Not taking anything away from Brady because he is great but Chicago is a joke right now.

As I mentioned before, that O should be far, far better than it is, but you also have to give the Pats secondary credit. Between Revis, Browner, McCourty, and crew, it's pretty damn good. They shut down everybody so far, outside of that dumpster fire of a 'game' against KC.

The Cutler 'turnover' stat is mind boggling. When he doesn't turn it over, they win. When he does they lose.

Jay, just don't turn it over.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I have the utmost respect for Brady and the Pats and found it hilarious the talking heads were ready to write Bradys eulogy a few weeks ago. The guy is great PERIOD! Could you imagine brady with the weapons the bears have on offense?!!!:eek:

Could the Pats keep Gronk too? : )

Reaction Score

You have to realize however that Brady put up most of those points and TDs before halftime. He had 4 TDs and the Patriots had 40-odd points at the half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom