OT- OJ 30 for 30 | The Boneyard

OT- OJ 30 for 30

Reaction Score
Anyone watching the OJ 30 for 30 series? This is extremely well done with amazing footage and tie ins with the LAPD and the simmering anger in LA leading up to the riots. I'm sick of all the OJ stuff but this is really well done.

Reaction Score
It's been pretty riveting so far. ESPN did a masterful job of portraying how, specifically, cultural unrest can transform the image of a complex character.

Reaction Score
Watched the first two parts last night, so well done and captivating. Had no idea Marcus Allen was sleeping with Nicole Brown Simpson. Wild stuff in an already insane story.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
watching part 3 right now... this is definitely award winning. OJ stayed away from the race issues

Reaction Score
With the backdrop of what was going on in LA at the time racially with the LAPD, coupled with OJ's defense and the jury makeup it made what looked like an unwinnable case for the defense become very winnable. Once Mark Fuhrman perjured himself and it was clear he hated N words, it almost became impossible for that weak prosecution team to get a conviction. It amazes me that Mark Fuhrman is a legal analyst for Fox News, that guy is seriously up.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
With the backdrop of what was going on in LA at the time racially with the LAPD, coupled with OJ's defense and the jury makeup it made what looked like an unwinnable case for the defense become very winnable. Once Mark Fuhrman perjured himself and it was clear he hated N words, it almost became impossible for that weak prosecution team to get a conviction. It amazes me that Mark Fuhrman is a legal analyst for Fox News, that guy is seriously up.
did he seem to admit he hate n*%#£¥s in this documentary? and asked for early retirement money?

Reaction Score
did he seem to admit he hate n*%#£¥s in this documentary? and asked for early retirement money?
Yes, something to that effect. Back in the day he told them to take him out of the Watts neighborhood because he hated blacks so much and he knew he would do something really bad. He also joked about he and his cop buddies breaking bones on black people. The transcripts from that guy talking about black people are mindblowing.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Horrible, and those police chiefs... Parker (jail named after him) and Gates, they had their hand full.

I didn't know the shooter of the little girl (in the store) got little to no time, shot as she was walking away

Reaction Score
Horrible, and those police chiefs... Parker (jail named after him) and Gates, they had their hand full.

I didn't know the shooter of the little girl (in the store) got little to no time, shot as she was walking away
Never served a day in jail.

Reaction Score
I didn't remember seeing any of those crime scene photos back then. Now that could be because I was in my 20's and partying all the time as opposed to really watching the case play out on television, but that was some terrible stuff. Also terrible was the way the case was handled. Botched investigations, the circus atmosphere, all the losers running around following OJ's every move on the freeway, etc. Just a train wreck on every level.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I didn't remember seeing any of those crime scene photos back then. Now that could be because I was in my 20's and partying all the time as opposed to really watching the case play out on television, but that was some terrible stuff. Also terrible was the way the case was handled. Botched investigations, the circus atmosphere, all the losers running around following OJ's every move on the freeway, etc. Just a train wreck on every level.
this was early during the birth of the internet... so losers appear to be losers but now we can be losers in the comfort of our computer rooms.
I didn't know the LAPD was that brutal as well

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know if the white Bronco chase qualifies as one of those, "I remember where I was when," deals, but unfortunately I remember exactly where I was.

I had been working in Mexico City for 8 months. Neither myself nor my roomie, a Canadian, got sick once in that time. I had to go to Paris for a trade show so I met my wife at Kennedy. Get to Paris in the morning, have some cafe au lait and a croque monsieur around noon, went to the Louvre, had a small dinner at a sidewalk cafe. By 10pm I was locked in the bathroom of a 3rd floor pensioner room with no A/C. Our TV had one channel in English, CNN. And when I woke up the next morning, that chase and the aerials of Rockingham was all that was on TV. For two whole days while I lay in bed sweating with both ends busy with no escape from OJ. Until I was safe to be around the public again.

Wifey had fun in Paris though.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
OJ has CTE. Hopefully his brain will be examined one day. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
OJ has CTE. Hopefully his brain will be examined one day. Just my opinion.

You can be sure that if that case was being tried today, CTE would be part of the defense somehow. It doesn't seem unreasonable at all to believe that OJ suffers from it and it may have contributed to his outbursts. Now, this is in no way to excuse anything he has done, or may have done, but I could easily believe that a player from his era suffers from it.

Reaction Score
You can be sure that if that case was being tried today, CTE would be part of the defense somehow. It doesn't seem unreasonable at all to believe that OJ suffers from it and it may have contributed to his outbursts. Now, this is in no way to excuse anything he has done, or may have done, but I could easily believe that a player from his era suffers from it.

Ive thought about that and i wouldnt be surprised if he had some form of CTE but i question that being the cause of him murdering his wife because if you watched this documentary it seems that OJ always seemed to be a person with a dark side to his personality. The guy is mentally very sharp and hes a master at manipulating others and getting his way. The history of beatings and stories of his personality throughout his life fit with that of many abusers who become murderers. I dont believe the cte thing this is just a bad guy.

Reaction Score
With out OJ, there would never be any Keeping up with Kardashians'. Bruce Jenner might be still a man.

Reaction Score
Ive thought about that and i wouldnt be surprised if he had some form of CTE but i question that being the cause of him murdering his wife because if you watched this documentary it seems that OJ always seemed to be a person with a dark side to his personality. The guy is mentally very sharp and hes a master at manipulating others and getting his way. The history of beatings and stories of his personality throughout his life fit with that of many abusers who become murderers. I dont believe the cte thing this is just a bad guy.

I agree with you. I'm just stating that I am pretty sure it would be part of the defense.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
After reading some of this, I started watching. Fantastic! It is much broader than OJ. It documents the times, the racism, the horrible LAPD.

Thanks for the tip!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
After reading some of this, I started watching. Fantastic! It is much broader than OJ. It documents the times, the racism, the horrible LAPD.

Thanks for the tip!
yup, Im going to re-watch the whole series when I get some time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom