OT Need advice about getting SNY | The Boneyard

OT Need advice about getting SNY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've just quit Dish Network because it doesn't carry SNY. I'm already having problems with Direct TV...had an installer out said he wasn't allowed to climb onto roof, said he'd call his supervisor for advice, and in 5 days have heard no more. Their web site is a bunch of toll free numbers where no one ever answers. Is this outfit legit? My other option is Comcast, which drove us crazy 6 years ago and caused us to go with Dish Network. Does anyone have experience with Direct TV or do I hold my nose and return to Comcast?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You'll be fine either way.

All the cable/satellite companies suck equally, but in their own special ways.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Separate but related question. I just upgraded my ATT U-verse to the Uverse 300 plan. Any Idea how or where to fund SNY on ATT Uverse? i'd love to get the games from SD... sAve my dad from taping and sending them to me...

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Zak.. That's baloney. They do go on roofs. But not if they deem them dangerous. Or it could be something more than the roof. It might be your sight line to the satellites from your roof.

I had a similar problem because of trees... The installer sent from DirecTV refused to put up my dish high enough on my roof so I could get a signal. I looked in the yellow pages and got an independent DirecTV installer to put up my dish. They installed a 6 foot tripod on my roof. Now I have a perfect signal...

It might cost you extra for the independent installation. but you will have DirecTV and SNY.

Reaction Score
Separate but related question. I just upgraded my ATT U-verse to the Uverse 300 plan. Any Idea how or where to fund SNY on ATT Uverse? i'd love to get the games from SD... sAve my dad from taping and sending them to me...

Here in Connecticut, it is on Channel704 SportsNet New York

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I have had both DirecTV and Comcast. DTV is so much better its not even funny. Switching from cable to DirecTV was like going from a joyless, passionless marriage to dating a nymphomaniac supermodel. DTV is also significantly better than Dish, which is listed as the worst company to work for in America.

DTV customer service sucks...but I've also needed it far less frequently.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here in Connecticut, it is on Channel704 SportsNet New York
great thanks i found it. i have the Uverse 300 plan, and still don't have access to that. good grief.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Speaking of SNY, Jim Fuller reports that details on the SNY broadcasts (streaming, announcing team, etc) should be announced this week.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
like going from a joyless, passionless marriage to dating marrying a nymphomaniac supermodel.
Pretty much my life. :)

But speaking of Cable/DTV. I have Comcast, haven't had too many problems with them (wish they had a couple channels I want and more HD), but it's never out. Wanted to get DTV, but too many trees. :(

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Yep, I push DirecTV every chance I get. Love it, and I agree - their customer service isn't so great, but then I rarely need them. Their tech folks, OTH, have been most helpful once I got them (needed them maybe 3 times in 7 or more years), but getting them - yikes. Excellent remote diagnostics of problem, with simple solutions - one dialed into my system and fixed it, one correctly suggested a cable disconnect / reconnect (eventually it needed replacement, but not their fault), and one instance where they told me to reset both the TV and DVR. All worked after the call - in all those years, compared to a cable outage at least every other month.

Reaction Score
great thanks i found it. i have the Uverse 300 plan, and still don't have access to that. good grief.

Yeah - for those TV service companies that let you receive regional sports networks out of their home territory, I think you generally (or always?) need to get their sports packages.

edit: Apparently the U450 plan will work for UVerse as well. Not sure which one is cheaper, but in either case you can subscribe to it for only part of the year. No reason to have it while UConn isn't playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom