NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
If Lamb can play even 75% as well as he has the past 2 games, Charlotte could have 2 of the best contracts in the NBA in 2 Huskies.

Reaction Score
Found this interesting, I was just on basketball reference looking at some advanced statistics and saw that Andre leads the league in defensive win shares and defensive rating, and is 6th in defensive plus/minus. I was extremely surprised, not suggesting Andre isn't a good defender, but his blocks are way down this year. Anyone know what this could be due to? Because if these stats are true, which there's no reason to believe they aren't, I feel like he should be getting more credit for his defense.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Found this interesting, I was just on basketball reference looking at some advanced statistics and saw that Andre leads the league in defensive win shares and defensive rating, and is 6th in defensive plus/minus. I was extremely surprised, not suggesting Andre isn't a good defender, but his blocks are way down this year. Anyone know what this could be due to? Because if these stats are true, which there's no reason to believe they aren't, I feel like he should be getting more credit for his defense.
Interesting. I'd say those numbers are suspect or at least misleading. I know basketball reference calculates their RPM differently than everyone else. Also Drummond has really struggled this year by his own standards so I find those rankings surprising. He's definitely one of the most mobile 7 footers in the league and he's elite in defending the pick n roll, but he still isn't the rim protector he needs to be. I don't remember his last 3 block game.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I'd say those numbers are suspect or at least misleading. I know basketball reference calculates their RPM differently than everyone else. Also Drummond has really struggled this year by his own standards so I find those rankings surprising. He's definitely one of the most mobile 7 footers in the league and he's elite in defending the pick n roll, but he still isn't the rim protector he needs to be. I don't remember his last 3 block game.
Yeah his blocks are way down, that should not be the case with his athleticism and length. But, he is killing it with steals, especially recently.

Reaction Score
drummond has taken quite a step back defensively imo, Think bball reference weighs rebounds too heavily. take a look at his stats.nba defense dashboard or his on/offs, in the 350+ minutes he has been on the bench the pistons defense has been at its best. could say that is noise, but looking at his sport vu numbers i dont think thats the case. opponents score at much better clip with him as a primary defender. link

pnL2rtn.jpg

Reaction Score
drummond just got ejected. dumb elbow to hibberts head.

Reaction Score
Just looking at the box score, anyone see why Kemba only played 31 minutes tonight? Was he just worthless on defense (I see he was -15 while on the floor) or injured or something? Because he had some good shooting numbers 9/16 4/7. Was this a scheduled "de-load" game for him or something?

Lamb on the other hand had a rough time

drummond just got ejected. dumb elbow to hibberts head.
But hey he finished a game with a 1.000 FT percentage!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just looking at the box score, anyone see why Kemba only played 31 minutes tonight? Was he just worthless on defense (I see he was -15 while on the floor) or injured or something? Because he had some good shooting numbers 9/16 4/7. Was this a scheduled "de-load" game for him or something?

Lamb on the other hand had a rough time

But hey he finished a game with a 1.000 FT percentage!
take a look at this guys twitter feed, Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) | Twitter . Lamb landed awkwardly on his right knee, diagnosed a contusion. hopefully itll be only a few games, still a major bummer.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Sean Kilpatrick had the game of his life: 38 points and 14 rebounds as the Nets beat the Clippers in OT. Never thought he'd even make the NBA. Wow.

Reaction Score
Very excited for the Clippers Dubs game.

Another win and big game for Kemba. Just 12 minutes for Jeremy after paying well and closing out their last game. Clifford is widely respected as a coach by people much more knowledgeable than me but I don't get his rotations. The guy is top 50 in PER for eligible players but is stuck behind Belinelli on many nights.

Reaction Score
Drummond also had one of his better games of the season in the DET v CHA match.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Another win and big game for Kemba. Just 12 minutes for Jeremy after paying well and closing out their last game. Clifford is widely respected as a coach by people much more knowledgeable than me but I don't get his rotations. The guy is top 50 in PER for eligible players but is stuck behind Belinelli on many nights.
He's still not 100% fit. Going back to back is tough in the nba

Reaction Score

Reading the Hornets RealGM board their fans feel the same about Clifford.

Reaction Score

Clifford is one of the most stubborn coaches in the league, he was trotting out hawes and hibbert with the second unit when Marvin was injured, that was one of the worst front lines I've ever seen in NBA history. Wouldn't be shocked if lamb was on the fast track to getting his minutes cut despite leading the hornets to three seperate wins. If jae crowder can play the four so should mkg.

Anyway, Walker still performing like a top five pg despite a recent slump. Tied with Lowry in vorp and top 5 in rpm. Some cool notes from twitter ,

Reaction Score
Clifford is one of the most stubborn coaches in the league, he was trotting out hawes and hibbert with the second unit when Marvin was injured, that was one of the worst front lines I've ever seen in NBA history. Wouldn't be shocked if lamb was on the fast track to getting his minutes cut despite leading the hornets to three seperate wins. If jae crowder can play the four so should mkg.

Anyway, Walker still performing like a top five pg despite a recent slump. Tied with Lowry in vorp and top 5 in rpm. Some cool notes from twitter ,

In regards to the note on Kemba's defense, the sequence he had last night in the 4th when he stood up a Ish Smith drive and then rotated over on the pass to Tobias Harris and drew a charge on him all on the same possession was ridiculous.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
His ability to get anywhere he wants on the court quickly and with the ball on a string really is amazing. He might have top 3 handles in the league right now, especially through traffic.

Reaction Score
His ability to get anywhere he wants on the court quickly and with the ball on a string really is amazing. He might have top 3 handles in the league right now, especially through traffic.
He has been taking way too much 'uconn' esque long twos recently, off the pnr. He is so electric splitting doubles and touching the paint, I only want paint touches or threes from him.

he 100% has some of the top handles in the league though, everything is measured ; he sets the defender up to 'down the screens' then yolks them. The main key is he plays winning basketball, doesn't hunt assists like wall. Must see tv.

Reaction Score
In regards to the note on Kemba's defense, the sequence he had last night in the 4th when he stood up a Ish Smith drive and then rotated over on the pass to Tobias Harris and drew a charge on him all on the same possession was ridiculous.
Him and Lowry are straight pitbulls on defense. It's what seperates them from lillard Ky and wall, but most novices see box scores and don't get it.

Reaction Score
Him and Lowry are straight pitbulls on defense. It's what seperates them from lillard Ky and wall, but most novices see box scores and don't get it.
Wall is a good defender, and Dame is a fantastic offensive player, Kemba isn't "seperate" from them in any way unless you are saying he's not quite on their level, because he isn't. Not taking anything away from Kemba at all, Dame and Wall are slightly better right now though.

Reaction Score

I wonder how many uconn fans monitor the Hornets real gm board. If you are not one of them this almost word for word what someone wrote over there last night. Amusing

Reaction Score
Wall is a good defender, and Dame is a fantastic offensive player, Kemba isn't "seperate" from them in any way unless you are saying he's not quite on their level, because he isn't. Not taking anything away from Kemba at all, Dame and Wall are slightly better right now though.

Kemba has been playing at a higher level than both of them this year. You could use any number of stats to back this up. ESPN has him 5th among PG in RPM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom