NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
Its very early and I want to see how things hold up after about 20 games, but for all the negative feedback the Rondo and Wade signings generated on NBA Twitter the Bulls offense has looked amazing. Crisp ball movement, its like the space and pace offense from ISU that you were expecting from Hoiberg when he arrived last year.

Reaction Score
Rudy having a nice game and 4th quarter and he decides to momentarily spoil it by dribbling out the last 10+ seconds of a tie game and shooting a contested step back airball 3 over Winslow when he could have easily taken a couple dribbles and shot right over the top of him

Reaction Score
Didn't catch the game but here was Bazz's line tonight

9 min 3pts 1/2 FG 1/2 3PT 0-0 FT 2REB 2AST 0TO

I'd say that's solid

Reaction Score
Don't want to get too excited but kemba is playing out of his mind to start the year (6 games), which is kind of bonkers considering his poor preseason and the fact he is coming off that knee surgery. His PER is scorching and he is also playing great defense. They play utah tomorrow night, which should be a nice challenge

Reaction Score

Amin Will HateHard on Twitter

that last tweet from amin, don't recall much talk here of kemba working out with the team when drummond came? perhaps lack of social media back then. either way, kemba is playing like one of the best players in the nba according to most metrics, i wouldn't be shocked if this 'leap' is for real, i've seen him make two leaps out of the blue already ( summer 2010 and summer 2015). everyone on this forum should be watching hornets games, they have two major tests up with the raptors and cavs. Lamb still out with that hammy.

Reaction Score

hornets lost this game, but they were without MKG who was primed to guard derozen. derozen is one of the best players in the nba and carried the raps to a win here, still doesn't diminish how crazy kemba has gone. its time to take notice, he has officially taken a leap. would be SHOCKED if he doesnt sport a 40%+ 3pt come February. he is the best point guard in the east imo.

I have a lot of toronto friends who say lowry, which was true last season. But never forget that lowry only became elite when he was 27-29, he doesn't have the early years that walker had persevering on the worst team in nba history to playoff contender, walkers trajectory at the moment is looking splendid. He is a two way guard who is exceptional at creating space in the pnr despite any coverage, but his best traits are : leadership and growth as a player in all facets. at the age of 26 he is what he was to uconn in 2011 but in the nba in 2016. PAY ATTENTION TO THE HORNETS.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

hornets lost this game, but they were without MKG who was primed to guard derozen. derozen is one of the best players in the nba and carried the raps to a win here, still doesn't diminish how crazy kemba has gone. its time to take notice, he has officially taken a leap. would be SHOCKED if he doesnt sport a 40%+ 3pt come February. he is the best point guard in the east imo.

I have a lot of toronto friends who say lowry, which was true last season. But never forget that lowry only became elite when he was 27-29, he doesn't have the early years that walker had persevering on the worst team in nba history to playoff contender, walkers trajectory at the moment is looking splendid. He is a two way guard who is exceptional at creating space in the pnr despite any coverage, but his best traits are : leadership and growth as a player in all facets. at the age of 26 he is what he was to uconn in 2011 but in the nba in 2016. PAY ATTENTION TO THE HORNETS.

His 3pt shot is so improved. He is confident from range which is the most important detail, I remember he used to be a little hesitant from 3 and would go for the pump fake to the rim instead, now hes taking 3s off the dribble when guys go under the screens at the top of the key as a regular go to move. Definitely the best PG in the east right now.

Reaction Score
@BUConn10 Yep, his shooting is no joke. For normal posters here who dont watch nba like us , compare how kemba paces himself into the pnr, decides when to snake the big, and make the best decision to kick out or attack on a jumper or drive. I spend a lot of time trashing our screening for uconn, but the guard has to 'go' at the right time too, or else its a moving screen. anyway, we've all watched walkers career since he was a burger boy, i'm pretty sure this shooting leap is for real. exciting stuff. Lamb is also a good player, when he comes back he should be in the rotation for a contender.

Reaction Score
scintillating 10 game start , still isn't really even finishing in the paint well but his long range ball has opened up the floor for Charlotte. He also had 5 steals tonight, his defense is super impressive compared to some of his peers like IT or lillard.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Kemba's finishing ability, relative to his size and guys covering him, is starting to get ridiculous. The way he slices with ease through multiple defenders to get to the rim, and finish almost every time in transition is approaching, dare I say, Allen Iverson level territory?

Pound for pound the best player in the nba right now

Reaction Score
Kemba's finishing ability, relative to his size and guys covering him, is starting to get ridiculous. The way he slices with ease through multiple defenders to get to the rim, and finish almost every time in transition is approaching, dare I say, Allen Iverson level territory?

Pound for pound the best player in the nba right now

I can't believe how good he is. He's going to come back to earth some, but still.

Reaction Score
Kemba has balled out this year. Agree with James and others who say he's been the best PG in the East this season.

Here are tonight's highlights:

It'll never get old watching Kemba put big men on skates.

Reaction Score
NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

walker in the top five pgs, and top ten overall. With all this talk of walkers great season, its only fair to bring up drummonds season. He has improved his free throw shooting (its over 50%) but overall has taken a serious step back defensively. i wish he had a higher ts% for a center too.

Reaction Score
NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

walker in the top five pgs, and top ten overall. With all this talk of walkers great season, its only fair to bring up drummonds season. He has improved his free throw shooting (its over 50%) but overall has taken a serious step back defensively. i wish he had a higher ts% for a center too.
Hornets had a great comeback against Atlanta. Albeit bonehead Howard got himself kicked out of the game

Reaction Score
Walker has been slowing down quite a bit, last night in the first half he was trash, and tonight they lose to a horrible pelicans squad in ot. they were on a b2b, and sessions sucks obviously, but he was toast at the end of regulation as well as ot. couldn't guard jrue so mkg had to be plugged in, missed countless game clinching jumpers. The last two games i've seen old kemba walker, i hope that changes soon. Watching the game you would think jrue was the all star caliber guard on the floor.

Reaction Score
Walker has been slowing down quite a bit, last night in the first half he was trash, and tonight they lose to a horrible pelicans squad in ot. they were on a b2b, and sessions sucks obviously, but he was toast at the end of regulation as well as ot. couldn't guard jrue so mkg had to be plugged in, missed countless game clinching jumpers. The last two games i've seen old kemba walker, i hope that changes soon. Watching the game you would think jrue was the all star caliber guard on the floor.

82 games, man, he's going to have bad stretches. "Slowing down quite a bit" probably an overstatement given he's still posted 23, 6, and 6 in the last two games on bad but not abhorrent shooting splits. He wasn't going to maintain what he did in his first ten, but if what he did in his last two is his floor, he's going to be an all-star.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I don't see any reason Kemba can't maintain what he did in his first 10 games. If you watch them that team is 100% his, every guy on that roster knows Kemba is their man and he can have the ball anytime he wants. With his newfound 3pt shooting he can basically get an open shot on his own most times down the court.

Reaction Score
82 games, man, he's going to have bad stretches. "Slowing down quite a bit" probably an overstatement given he's still posted 23, 6, and 6 in the last two games on bad but not abhorrent shooting splits. He wasn't going to maintain what he did in his first ten, but if what he did in his last two is his floor, he's going to be an all-star.
its my style to overreact, think he'll bounce back with their upcoming schedule though. Its also fair to bring up zeller being out, he is the best screener for walker and bats.

Reaction Score
It seems like he's all but forgotten these days even among UConn fans but Rudy is having another solid year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom