OT: Morning sports talk radio: Mike and Mike split! | The Boneyard

OT: Morning sports talk radio: Mike and Mike split!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
According to Matt Buckler of the JI "Greenie" will be hosting a TV show in the morning
combining a Good Morning America approach with sports and other topics.
He and Golic have been together 16 years....apparently great ratings around the country.
Matt says that Golic will stay with his current position...no mention of possible successor
for Greenie. No mention of when this split occurs.

Yikes! Buckler reports that Greenie is making 6 million per.

On my morning walks I am a regular listener...enjoy the show overall.
They are a good combo...Golic presents as just a regular guy....Greenie does drive the bus on the show
with topics etc...and does it well...imo.

Reaction Score
According to Matt Buckler of the JI "Greenie" will be hosting a TV show in the morning
combining a Good Morning America approach with sports and other topics.
He and Golic have been together 16 years....apparently great ratings around the country.
Matt says that Golic will stay with his current position...no mention of possible successor
for Greenie. No mention of when this split occurs.

Yikes! Buckler reports that Greenie is making 6 million per.

On my morning walks I am a regular listener...enjoy the show overall.
They are a good combo...Golic presents as just a regular guy....Greenie does drive the bus on the show
with topics etc...and does it well...imo.
Sad. Greenie very good but tends to ramble and unlikely to carry a show. Heard that Golic's son will join the M&M slot. He also is good but has little of the synergy Greenie and Golic have enjoyed and audiences appreciated. My prediction-two weak shows have been created.

Reaction Score
I haven't listened to them since Greenies "Martin Luther Coon" comment. I understand people can have an honest slip of the tongue, but that came out like it was his normal lexicon.

Speaking of honest slips of the tongue. I was on a first date when I was young in Charleston. It was a hot afternoon and we were walking though a park. I asked her if she wanted to go " in the shade". She laughed so hard. Infact, she laughed every time I spoke the rest of the date. Needless to say we're married with three kids. No, just kidding, that was our last date.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom