OT: Mets Dominate the Dodgers Series Thread | The Boneyard

OT: Mets Dominate the Dodgers Series Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jacob " The Beast " Degrom, got us off to an awesome start last night.
13k's, 1 intentionally walk, no runs over 7 innings.
Hopefully Thor can continue the electricity tonight!!!

Been 9 long long and losing years since the Mets won a playoff game.
This pitching staff is making it well worth the wait.
Tune in tonight to see Thor constantly hitting 100 mph on the gun.
He has the 2nd highest average fastball velocity, in all of baseball.
He'll be amped up tonight and we may see something special.
Last night Degrom tied Tom Terrific for the most K's ever in a postseason game,
by a Met's pitcher.
Tonight , Thor may actually break that record.
Plus, this team has some awesome nicknames lol.
- Dark Knight
-The Beast
-Captain America
-Thor

Lets Go METS!!!

Reaction Score
Mets have 4 outstanding young pitchers. Next year Zach Wheeler returns in June.
Fred (moneybags) Wilpon, and his charming son, Jeff, have their work cut out trying to keep most/all these guys over the years.

Reaction Score
Mets have 4 outstanding young pitchers. Next year Zach Wheeler returns in June.
Fred (moneybags) Wilpon, and his charming son, Jeff, have their work cut out trying to keep most/all these guys over the years.

They are all locked up for the next three years. I would do my best to keep Degrom, Thor, and Matz. Harvey has greatly soured on me and I think Wheeler is the worst, of the fab 5. They do need to find a way to at least keep three of these guys and then make trades before the other two leave.

Reaction Score
It was huge beating Kershaw last night… House money tonight but all he pressures on LA. Hard to know what to expect out of Synderguarrd tonight. If he steps up & out duels Greinke it could be the start of some major happenings in Queens.

LGM!

Reaction Score
It was huge beating Kershaw last night… House money tonight but all he pressures on LA. Hard to know what to expect out of Synderguarrd tonight. If he steps up & out duels Greinke it could be the start of some major happenings in Queens.

LGM!

If Thor can keep a handle on his control tonight. It's gonna be a three game sweep.
There is no way Harvey is going to lose game three in NY on Monday.

Reaction Score
They are all locked up for the next three years. I would do my best to keep Degrom, Thor, and Matz. Harvey has greatly soured on me and I think Wheeler is the worst, of the fab 5. They do need to find a way to at least keep three of these guys and then make trades before the other two leave.
You may not like Harvey's persona off the field but the dude is an outstanding pitcher, you can't deny that.

Reaction Score
You may not like Harvey's persona off the field but the dude is an outstanding pitcher, you can't deny that.

Harvey was my favorite Met, until about 5 weeks ago.
I still like him but i'm not sure that his teammates do.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Damn it I'm never right about anything. I'm hoping Tejada isn't done for the season but it looks pretty bad.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
No sooner did I type that than they said he has a broken fibula.

Reaction Score
Ok so he missed the bag - so di the guy who is supposed to be safe at 2nd? How can this be and to top it off it was not a legal slide it was a body block with no intent on touching the bag - just an awful job by the umps yet avian. Missed the one in the 14th yesterday also with a replay in which the Jays would have gotten out of the inning with he reversal as it should have been. Just putrid

Reaction Score
even if he didnt touch the bag for an out, wouldnt what Utley did be interference to prevent him from touching it.

HOW CAN A PLAYER BE SAFE IF THEY NEVER TOUCH THE BAG?!?

Reaction Score
The Umpires could have called this,
- Base runner interference
-Neighborhood play
-Utley left the field of play and therefor gave up his rights as a base runner and is out.

Instead, they called none of that, and insisted that Utley only left because the Ump said he was out.
The Mets went from taking a commanding two game lead. To losing their shortstop for the entire postseason and losing the game.

Mets need to get even in game three but do it in a way that doesn't get Harvey Tossed.

Reaction Score
They basically should tell every single met's base runner, to slide into 2nd base the exact same way that chase utley did,
until someone hurts either the Dodger's 2nd baseman or shortstop.
Since the umps declared that was a legal slide. They should have no problem with that.

Hitting a Dodger doesn't make this Even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom