OT: Matt Harvey | The Boneyard

OT: Matt Harvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UConn9604

Matt Harvey, a rookie RHP for the Mets, makes his major league debut tomorrow night in Arizona.

Matt is the son of Ed Harvey, a former football and baseball player at UConn, who led UConn to the 1972 College World Series and later coached Fitch High (of Groton) to three state titles in baseball.

Reaction Score
Too bad the Mets season has gone in the shitter. I'm a Mets fan, I'm glad that having kids has taken me away from hanging on every pitch. It is pure agony to be a fan of this team. I'll try to catch some of Harvey's start tonight when I get home from work. He and Zach Wheeler appear to be the future of the pitching staff to go along with Niese.

Reaction Score
Mets fan here as well, I feel your pain. Harvey just threw a beauty, 11 strikeouts, and got himself 2 hits as well in his debut vs the D-Backs. And dang....someone just beat me to it signing him in my fantasy league. First pitcher since 1900 to get 11 strikeouts and 2 hits, according to alias records.

Reaction Score
Harvey looks like he has great stuff. Supposedly Wheeler has better stuff. The Mets can't mess this up can they? Josh Edging is also their best bullpen arm right now.

Reaction Score
Harvey was nasty tonight, 11 strikeouts in 5 1/3 innings also had 2 hits.

U

UConn9604

Harvey was nasty tonight, 11 strikeouts in 5 1/3 innings also had 2 hits.

SNY interviewed his Dad in the stands, too, and mentioned his playing career at UConn. (Nothing like a timely little cross-promotion when much of Connecticut is tuning into the Mets for the first time.)

It was the first time I've cared about a Mets starter since October 1986. He was sensational.

Reaction Score
Played against him in High School and knew his dad at Avery Point (he was the hitting coach). Great family and Matt worked harder at baseball than anybody I've ever personally known. His dad really knew the game. I couldn't believe how hard he was throwing last night. He definitely had the adrenaline pumping.

Reaction Score
It's great seeing Harvey in the bigs, I think we can expect to see 2 more CT. natives in the majors next year. Former UConn players Matt Barnes and George Springer have looked great for their teams. Barnes is considered the top prospect in the Red Sox whole system and Springer is considered a 5 tool future stud for the Astros, fans from both teams are really impressed with these two.

Reaction Score
Mike Olt will be up with the Rangers, or possibly someone else, well before Springer or Barnes. He's viewed as their second best prospect. He's from Branford and went to Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom