OT - Maryland suspends five-star WR Deon Long | The Boneyard

OT - Maryland suspends five-star WR Deon Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Transfer to UConn?? Don't actually know what his issue is, so it's a qualified statement.

Reaction Score
Randy has been forced to do everything he despises as far as recruiting is concerned. He sold his soul to try and save his . Edsall and Locksley go together like peanut butter and Clorox.

No sympathy.

Reaction Score
According to a source, the suspension is retroactive to a prior date, so Long will resume team activities well before the April 13 spring game at Byrd Stadium.

That's putting your foot down!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
"It’s been a bit of a rocky road for Long. He originally committed to West Virginia, but ended up at Hargrave Military Academy. He eventually went on to short stints at New Mexico and Iowa Western Community College"

Remember when RE complained that UConn's admission requirements were too tough? Is this the kind of kid he was trying to get in? If so...I support UConn's tougher requirements. Kids like this are just a distraction.

Reaction Score
"It’s been a bit of a rocky road for Long. He originally committed to West Virginia, but ended up at Hargrave Military Academy. He eventually went on to short stints at New Mexico and Iowa Western Community College"

Remember when RE complained that UConn's admission requirements were too tough? Is this the kind of kid he was trying to get in? If so...I support UConn's tougher requirements. Kids like this are just a distraction.

This as well - >>"Maryland had offered Long, too, when he was in high school, but he said the offer came late in the recruiting process. "I felt like that was sort of disrespectful for me, being the player and having the talent that I have that they would offer a player from New Jersey or Pennsylvania ahead of me, and I'm right down the street," Long said on national signing day this February. "I would have come here, I would have liked to, but that was their fault."

Kids have too much smoke blown up their a$$es now a days by runners and recruit sites and develop this type of entitlement..

Reaction Score
This as well - >>"Maryland had offered Long, too, when he was in high school, but he said the offer came late in the recruiting process. "I felt like that was sort of disrespectful for me, being the player and having the talent that I have that they would offer a player from New Jersey or Pennsylvania ahead of me, and I'm right down the street," Long said on national signing day this February. "I would have come here, I would have liked to, but that was their fault."

Kids have too much smoke blown up their a$$es now a days by runners and recruit sites and develop this type of entitlement..

Sounds like an Edsall type of guy. What a phony Captain Buzzcut turned out to be.

Reaction Score
I'm confused. Do we know what the young man did to get suspended? Or has this board just reached the level of complete lunacy that we are badmouthing someone for a punishment for a violation that is unknown?

When Lewis Carroll, in Alice and Wonderland, wrote something like "Verdict first. Sentence later." he was kidding.

Reaction Score
I'm confused. Do we know what the young man did to get suspended? Or has this board just reached the level of complete lunacy that we are badmouthing someone for a punishment for a violation that is unknown?

When Lewis Carroll, in Alice and Wonderland, wrote something like "Verdict first. Sentence later." he was kidding.

Point taken but was looking at it from recruiting standpoint more than anything Biz... My bad for not changing the article title and just cut and pasting into to Thread title.

Reaction Score

You even sound like Edsall when you post.

Reaction Score

You define what's said and then refute your own definition. If this kid was bad mouthed it was in the press as the comments about him are quotes in newspapers. The point you might want to address is "how is fhcRE and his recruiting guy as a team vs. what fhcRE's sthick was at Uconn". As a poster noted, sure seems like when it came down to "keep your dream job and take the recruiter who did so well at his last head coaching job or hit the highway; he chose the former"; "tell me it ain't so Joe (errr, Randy)". I guess the only question with Randy was "how much", not "whether he is".

Reaction Score
You even sound like Edsall when you post.
I get your point Jimmy. While at UCONN we heard about Edsall recruiting high character guys and he often talked publicly about guys having to "fit". Now he recruits a kid known to have problems at other stops, big hey, he is a five star.

Reaction Score
I get your point Jimmy. While at UCONN we heard about Edsall recruiting high character guys and he often talked publicly about guys having to "fit". Now he recruits a kid known to have problems at other stops, big hey, he is a five star.

Five Stars negates a lot of character in most cases. Randy used the "fit" term to cloud that he wasn't making the inroads he need on the recruiting trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom