ot: Maloney hall of Fame | The Boneyard

ot: Maloney hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heard today that Bob ( The Beast) Biestick will be inducted into the Maloney hall of fame. Definitely deserving, but I think a little late. As you may or may not know, Bob passed away a couple of years ago. He was a great guy, and outstanding athlete.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Is Rashon Spikes in there? What about Jamelle Riddle? Those guys were solid.

Edit: Riddle went to Platt. My bad. Played against both.

Reaction Score
Heard today that Bob ( The Beast) Biestick will be inducted into the Maloney hall of fame. Definitely deserving, but I think a little late. As you may or may not know, Bob passed away a couple of years ago. He was a great guy, and outstanding athlete.

Funny you mention this. I was talking to a customer on my SYNC in the car and when someone calls in I can see who is calling on the dashboard screen. My heart skipped when I saw "Robert Biestek" calling in!! It was his fiancé at the time of his death so she still has his number which I obviously never deleted. It was really a strange thing as I had talked to her within a few months immediately after but not for over a year now. She was letting me know Robert was bring inducted on April 30th at the Aqua Turf and I have not answered as of yet on my availability. Partially because of what you said, "but I think a little late." My brother was inducted a couple of years ago and that was late (he didn't go) and speaking to him yesterday he believes Robert to have been the best all around athlete in Maloney and Meriden history and they are way too late on this one. I agree and really think the holier than thou's who look at the errors in judgement both he and my bro made WELL after HS kept them out almost permanently. Others were kind enough and knew the people we speak about here as good people who made some mistakes but never hurt anyone but themselves. They both really cared about Meriden and Maloney but some people judge without thought sometimes.

Not sure I can go although I know Murph, Patrick Kenny and others are making the dinner….we'll have to see.

But this is Meriden's best who was all state in football, played and captained BC, CBS MVP vs Alabama and played for Denver and Philly in the USFL. Started in basketball at Maloney frm his soph year on and averaged 24 its a game his senior year and when I was a senior and he a sophomore he averaged 17 a game. Also played baseball with him which he started since his soph year varsity also, with hitter with an 88 MPH fastball……..also hit one out each side of the plate at Palmer in Legion when I was 18 and he was 17……..was scouted in baseball heavily too in HS and summer baseball - Cardinals Rollkie Johnson wanted him to skip football at BC but that was his love.

About time!!!

Reaction Score
Funny you mention this. I was talking to a customer on my SYNC in the car and when someone calls in I can see who is calling on the dashboard screen. My heart skipped when I saw "Robert Biestek" calling in!! It was his fiancé at the time of his death so she still has his number which I obviously never deleted. It was really a strange thing as I had talked to her within a few months immediately after but not for over a year now. She was letting me know Robert was bring inducted on April 30th at the Aqua Turf and I have not answered as of yet on my availability. Partially because of what you said, "but I think a little late." My brother was inducted a couple of years ago and that was late (he didn't go) and speaking to him yesterday he believes Robert to have been the best all around athlete in Maloney and Meriden history and they are way too late on this one. I agree and really think the holier than thou's who look at the errors in judgement both he and my bro made WELL after HS kept them out almost permanently. Others were kind enough and knew the people we speak about here as good people who made some mistakes but never hurt anyone but themselves. They both really cared about Meriden and Maloney but some people judge without thought sometimes.

Not sure I can go although I know Murph, Patrick Kenny and others are making the dinner….we'll have to see.

But this is Meriden's best who was all state in football, played and captained BC, CBS MVP vs Alabama and played for Denver and Philly in the USFL. Started in basketball at Maloney frm his soph year on and averaged 24 its a game his senior year and when I was a senior and he a sophomore he averaged 17 a game. Also played baseball with him which he started since his soph year varsity also, with hitter with an 88 MPH fastball……..also hit one out each side of the plate at Palmer in Legion when I was 18 and he was 17……..was scouted in baseball heavily too in HS and summer baseball - Cardinals Rollkie Johnson wanted him to skip football at BC but that was his love.

About time!!!
Mau, Sort of the same story on how I found out. At work when a person that works for me gets a call. Looks at his phone and it displays the word "Beast". He looks stunned picks up and it is his fiancee. She then proceeds to tell him about Bob being inducted.

Being from Bristol and just a couple of years older then Bob, I knew of his athletic accomplishments. Even though I went to St.Paul, I had many friends at Bristol Central . They had great battles on the football field against the Gary Pearson led BC teams. In high school, Bob was Tim Tebow, before there was a Tim Tebow. You can make a case that both Bob and Gary ranked in the top 10 high school football players to ever play Connecticut H S football. Unfortunately both have passed away at a too early age.

Reaction Score
Played basketball against Gary while he was at Eastern with Pecevich………you're correct these were 2 of the most gifted HS players the state of CT witnessed……..and Tebow is spot on. "Beast", I miss my buddy and that name brings back the memories joet……..many trips in the fall to BC to watch the games and hang with Beast and his roomies, one being DeOssie……..crazy days!! LOL

Did you play in the golf event he ran from the club in Bristol and his boys took over since?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom