OT: love watching the debacle @ Texas | The Boneyard

OT: love watching the debacle @ Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Charlie Strong is awful. OU will beat them 50-10 next week.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Yes. It's a beautiful thing.

The only thing better would be a Notre Dame or BCU train wreck.

Reaction Score
total dumpster conflagration. With the emergence of Baylor & TCU, prized recruits have other options. Austin may never be the same. And who would want to take that job? While it's been a glamor spot in the past, the boosters there feel entitled. No coach is safe from their machinations.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't Texas automatically win because they are Texas?

Or does that rule only apply to UCONN.

Reaction Score
There was an article in ESPN magazine this summer about Charlie Strong:
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...e-strong-rebuilds-longhorns-way-espn-magazine
He had a rough go changing the entitlement culture at UT and surprise, surprise: the Texas HS coaches don't really see eye to eye with him...
That along with the fact his staff has more connections to the Southeast doesn't bode well for him. He will rebound and do well somewhere else...IMHO Chip Kelly will be in Austin to start the 2017 season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
IMHO Chip Kelly will be in Austin to start the 2017 season.
If the Eagles don't turn their season around then it is highly likely that Chip will be on the open market and there is a very good chance that UT will give him something similar to what they offered Saban.

If Chip still works for the Eagles this January my money is on the Horns hiring Fuente from Memphis.

Reaction Score
FfldCntyFan said:
If the Eagles don't turn their season around then it is highly likely that Chip will be on the open market and there is a very good chance that UT will give him something similar to what they offered Saban.

If Chip still works for the Eagles this January my money is on the Horns hiring Fuente from Memphis.

I don't see how Chip gets fired after the season. He has had a good 2 year run thus far.

But I can see him being lured back to the college ranks.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
total dumpster conflagration. With the emergence of Baylor & TCU, prized recruits have other options.
The fact that you were solidly able to prove the point without even including the school that is most responsible for taking their recruits is telling of how bad the situation is.

Texas A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99