OT: link to British Oopen scores: Rory a great start...Tiger a good one | The Boneyard

OT: link to British Oopen scores: Rory a great start...Tiger a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hopefully Tiger is in the hunt at the end, win or lose

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We'll have to see now Rory does today, a Friday.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tiger starts off Plus 3 after two holes. Now at even Par. The current cut line is Plus 2, if he doesn't get his act together, he'll miss the Cut. Tiger has to take the Driver out of his bag. Seems like Nothing good happens when he uses it.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Rickie Fowler get his first major. If not, Jim Furyk. He really deserves a few breaks.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Yesterday's headline - TIGER IS IN THE HUNT! Today's - Tiger survives the cut - barely.

I think the Tiger may have turned into a puddy cat.

Reaction Score
hopefully Tiger is in the hunt at the end, win or lose
Tiger obviously wasn't a factor in the British Open. I'm sure he got a lot of attention from the media, probably a lot more than his play deserved, which is normal for him. I think the golfers who are playing well should get the notoriety by the press but too often, even when he's way back in the field you find cameras following Tiger as much as the leader. I personally think it's a sad commentary on the media.

Reaction Score
And Tom Watson makes the cut. Not bad for an old guy.
He actually finished ahead of Tiger and boy, do I love it. Tom Watson is one of the classiest golfers I've ever seen and I really hated it a few years ago where he had the lead at the end of the British Open and it slipped through his fingers.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
At least to this point the TV ratings go up when they show Tiger...whether he is in it or not.
How long that will continue unless his play improves....who knows.

Rory has one gorgeous golf swing...a la Ernie Els/Payne Stewart/even Sam Snead....but he generates far more clubhead speed than those folks [imo].
Good health with experience and a wise approach to off-course matters might lead to Rory making at a run at Tiger's 14 majors if not Jack's 18.

BTW: the LPGA is having a fantastic year....with Americans winning the first 3 majors [Thompson/Wie and Mo Martin] and with Lydia Ko at 17 winning
this week....I think her second of the year.

Reaction Score
Tiger obviously wasn't a factor in the British Open. I'm sure he got a lot of attention from the media, probably a lot more than his play deserved, which is normal for him. I think the golfers who are playing well should get the notoriety by the press but too often, even when he's way back in the field you find cameras following Tiger as much as the leader. I personally think it's a sad commentary on the media.

Why is there so much money to be made on the tour as we speak? Not Tom Watson and not even Jack or Arnie……it's the guy you figure in on the sad commentary. Even when not playing well which is obvious, he deserves it unlike most think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom