OT - Like it or not, HS Coaches want love from State U | The Boneyard

OT - Like it or not, HS Coaches want love from State U

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think people dispute that. I'd guess that Dooley was of the same mindset as Edsall. Didn't think there were enough players to expend the resources.

My decade of high school officiating showed me at least one thing: high school football coaches are very difficult to make happy. I'm sure I'd be the same way, acting as if my 3-7 team was just a couple of plays from a State Championship and my best players should be fawned over by college recruiters and I could hold my own at the next level but 95% of them are wrong.

Reaction Score
I don't think people dispute that. I'd guess that Dooley was of the same mindset as Edsall. Didn't think there were enough players to expend the resources.

My decade of high school officiating showed me at least one thing: high school football coaches are very difficult to make happy. I'm sure I'd be the same way, acting as if my 3-7 team was just a couple of plays from a State Championship and my best players should be fawned over by college recruiters and I could hold my own at the next level but 95% of them are wrong.

Off the top - you'd have to think that southeast Tennessee, northwest Georgia and northeast Alabama had some decent talent but who knows.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tennessee is going to be a pretty tough place to win big. Dooley didn't win at all - but getting them to .500 in the league won't be easy.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I think w/a Charlie Strong type coach UT will be back on top in no time. Great history, embedded in a fertile recruiting area, lots of donors willing to help out, etc. Everything is in place structurally to win, and win soon.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I think w/a Charlie Strong type coach UT will be back on top in no time. Great history, embedded in a fertile recruiting area, lots of donors willing to help out, etc. Everything is in place structurally to win, and win soon.

Loserville won a lot of close games this year. Teams came back at them like Uconn, except they mostly held on. Recruiting to beat Fl, Al, LSU, Ga, SC is not so easly, never mind A&M, and the dregs of the SEC. Strong had strong recruiting ties to Fl, got a rebound QB from Miami. Far from a sure thing at a tough sell school. Vandy coach seems to be doing it but Gill got killed at Kansas. The smart Boise coach wasn't so smart at Colorado.

You better really have a plan to recruit and boosters who know how to get around NCAA rules if you want to compete in SEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom