OT - Lake Winnipesaukee bachelor party | The Boneyard

OT - Lake Winnipesaukee bachelor party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bachelor party for my best friend and 15 guys this weekend up at Lake Winnipesaukee. We've rented some boats and hired some college age captains but the forecast is calling for rain Friday through Sunday. I've never been before - does anyone with any experience in the area know of any good options to audible to in case of inclement weather? Thanks in advance

Reaction Score
Lonewolfe Brewing Company Brewery and Tap Room in Wolfeboro could keep you busy for a while.

What town on the lake are you staying in? I've been up there quite a bit and a friend has a house on the lake so I could ask for suggestions. If you're staying in the Weirs Beach or Meredith area then getting to Wolfeboro isn't that easy. Especially if you're drinking.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In a similar spot 15 years ago, maybe 20. Golf round rained out, ended up candlepin bowling. We'd rented out some old B&B or lodge hotel for about 20 of us. Played poker after that foe about 18 hours. There were no entertainment clubs in the area. Still had a great time.

Reaction Score
I'm on the north side of Lake Winnipesaukee in Moultonborough. It makes a difference where you are on the lake as to what is convenient enough for you to be a good suggestion with 15 guys drinking. Keep in mind police at the Lake stop a ton of cars as their only entertainment. Wolfboro on the lake is 45 min from us by car and Weirs Beach 30 minutes in a different direction, and Alton Bay another 15 minutes past each of those, (without summer weekend traffic). So stay close to your 'home' area. Each town on the Lake has it's own character. Wolfboro everything is quaint, taverns overlook the water, and the area right at the docks has a 2nd and 3rd floor bar with outside seating, an inside bar with tvs, and a large game room. There are other walking distance taverns - mostly upscale. Weirs Beach is the honky tonk. NASWA at Weirs Beach is a perfect beach bar that has areas under a tent, you can swim right there, they have tvs under the tents, have weekend bands, bikini contests if any of your buddies look good in a bikini. Partying on your own boats is great but if that isn't working out you can take the Mount Washington for a tour of the lake and get on/off at any of the major towns. They serve food and I think drinks (but check) and I'm sure it is at least 2-3 hours on the water. Seating is inside and outside if the weather isn't cooperating, and the boat is very big. Most bad weather is temporary so my bet is you gut it out. In good weather your rental 'fleet' can raft at one of the major sand bars on the lake, Baum's Bay, with 100-200 other boats partying. Buy a couple cheap water type footballs to bring on the boat and throw near pretty girls to introduce yourselves. Patrick's Pub in Gilford is a lively place good reasonable food, and inside, but not at the water. Meredith has a good bar on the water next to the docks but mostly outside so not so good in the rain. If you are on the northeast side of the lake and it isn't raining, the outside seating at Castle in the Clouds overlooking the entire lake is a WOW. Like being in the alps. It has a bar but tourists, and is just an hour or 2 destination in the daytime, not a place to hang out and party. There is free access so if you take the road up that charges a fee, go back down and there is a free access road about a mile away near the intersection of rte 109. Most other places are good places to drink but talent is hit or miss, mostly miss. All else fails, come and visit, we're 7 ft from the water, good views, canoes, a lot of deck space and maybe enough booze for 15 guys for 3-4 hours.

Reaction Score
I'm on the north side of Lake Winnipesaukee in Moultonborough.
What happened to that brewery that was in Moultonborough? I think it was at Castle in the Clouds.

Reaction Score
I hiked Mt Roberts yesterday from Castle in the Clouds and there was a building that I assumed was that brewery but I was too lazy/exhausted/hot to check it out. I am not sure it still is but I commit to finding out.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I'm on the north side of Lake Winnipesaukee in Moultonborough. It makes a difference where you are on the lake as to what is convenient enough for you to be a good suggestion with 15 guys drinking. Keep in mind police at the Lake stop a ton of cars as their only entertainment. Wolfboro on the lake is 45 min from us by car and Weirs Beach 30 minutes in a different direction, and Alton Bay another 15 minutes past each of those, (without summer weekend traffic). So stay close to your 'home' area. Each town on the Lake has it's own character. Wolfboro everything is quaint, taverns overlook the water, and the area right at the docks has a 2nd and 3rd floor bar with outside seating, an inside bar with tvs, and a large game room. There are other walking distance taverns - mostly upscale. Weirs Beach is the honky tonk. NASWA at Weirs Beach is a perfect beach bar that has areas under a tent, you can swim right there, they have tvs under the tents, have weekend bands, bikini contests if any of your buddies look good in a bikini. Partying on your own boats is great but if that isn't working out you can take the Mount Washington for a tour of the lake and get on/off at any of the major towns. They serve food and I think drinks (but check) and I'm sure it is at least 2-3 hours on the water. Seating is inside and outside if the weather isn't cooperating, and the boat is very big. Most bad weather is temporary so my bet is you gut it out. In good weather your rental 'fleet' can raft at one of the major sand bars on the lake, Baum's Bay, with 100-200 other boats partying. Buy a couple cheap water type footballs to bring on the boat and throw near pretty girls to introduce yourselves. Patrick's Pub in Gilford is a lively place good reasonable food, and inside, but not at the water. Meredith has a good bar on the water next to the docks but mostly outside so not so good in the rain. If you are on the northeast side of the lake and it isn't raining, the outside seating at Castle in the Clouds overlooking the entire lake is a WOW. Like being in the alps. It has a bar but tourists, and is just an hour or 2 destination in the daytime, not a place to hang out and party. There is free access so if you take the road up that charges a fee, go back down and there is a free access road about a mile away near the intersection of rte 109. Most other places are good places to drink but talent is hit or miss, mostly miss. All else fails, come and visit, we're 7 ft from the water, good views, canoes, a lot of deck space and maybe enough booze for 15 guys for 3-4 hours.

I have a house on Green's Basin in Moultonborough, where are you? I usually spend every other week in the summer up there and at least one weekend a month. (going on 40 years up there)

For the bach party I'd encourage them to go up to North Conway and visit Sea Dog brewco, Moat Mountain Brewco and Ebenizer's across the border into Lovell ME.

Or head up to Franconia Notch and hike the Flume and stop at Biedermans in Plymouth on the way back.

Even in the rain Monkey Tracks in Funspot could be fun and there is a go-cart place across the street I;'ve done with other adults. Bring a bunch of decks of cards and play Nertz while you are tasting lots of beers. btw, Case & Keg in Meredith has about the best selection of brews in the area, by far. Wolfeboro has a new beer store near the town docks on 109, can't remember the name though.

3 days of rain are pretty tough up there though usually it stops long enough for plenty of water time.

Reaction Score
I have a house on Green's Basin in Moultonborough, where are you? I usually spend every other week in the summer up there and at least one weekend a month. (going on 40 years up there)

For the bach party I'd encourage them to go up to North Conway and visit Sea Dog brewco, Moat Mountain Brewco and Ebenizer's across the border into Lovell ME.

Or head up to Franconia Notch and hike the Flume and stop at Biedermans in Plymouth on the way back.

Even in the rain Monkey Tracks in Funspot could be fun and there is a go-cart place across the street I;'ve done with other adults. Bring a bunch of decks of cards and play Nertz while you are tasting lots of beers. btw, Case & Keg in Meredith has about the best selection of brews in the area, by far. Wolfeboro has a new beer store near the town docks on 109, can't remember the name though.

3 days of rain are pretty tough up there though usually it stops long enough for plenty of water time.

Does not look like 3 days of run this weekend by any stretch. On a separate note I have been up there a ton lately as well. I live in the upper valley in Vermont but been dating a woman who lives in Sandwich. Nice area I have really been enjoying it:) Maybe catch a game this winter

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Does not look like 3 days of run this weekend by any stretch. On a separate note I have been up there a ton lately as well. I live in the upper valley in Vermont but been dating a woman who lives in Sandwich. Nice area I have really been enjoying it:) Maybe catch a game this winter
We do a run over to Hill Farmstead at least once a summer. Central VT to Sandwich is a ride! Just took a bunch of guests up Rattlesnake on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Have not done Rattlesnake yet but she lives right below Eagle Cliffs, we went up there and I blasted some disc golf discs of the top, good times:)

Reaction Score
@PAHusky Hope you don't mind but it was easier for me to just change the weather forecast to perfect rather than risk coming up with ideas your guys might not enjoy. Hope it all worked out.

Reaction Score
If you get bored, lots of Bigfoot sightings north of there - Ferncroft, Tamworth, and the Pemi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom