OT: Kibitzer is headed for the bench. . . | The Boneyard

OT: Kibitzer is headed for the bench. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . tomorrow. Actually, I am going away on a sort of a business trip that will keep me away from my PC and off the Boneyard for awhile. Looking back over posts in recent months, it is clear that I have steadily increased in both frequency and loquacity; in other words, I have been posting more and saying less. People close to me understand why; I thank others for being indulgent.

I am uncertain when I'll return, but it will surely be close enough to The Season that a cessation of off season stuff will be in order. For my part, I pledge to focus primarily on UConn women's basketball here on the Boneyard and [drum roll] NO MORE "AHEMS!" Honest. I Promise.

I have used "Ahem" posts to identify grammatical errors with the aim of encouraging 'Yarders to strive for more precision in their posts and write with more confidence. I am pleased if I achieved any of this, but deeply regretful if I embarrassed or annoyed anyone. To you, I offer my my sincere apology.

Last comment. I have some new ideas for occasional OT posts which I promise will be on the fun side of lexicography. Log in and look me up - but not until sometime in October. I hope.

Reaction Score
"The fun side of lexicography." I wanna get me some o' that.

If only I knew what it was. :rolleyes:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Forgive me, but I sense something other than a vacation. Good health and Godspeed, Kibitzer.

You will never be on the bench; you're strictly a first stringer.

I was thinking he would be your newest Connecticut Supreme Court Justice. South Carolina's Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is a huge USC WBB fan. She sits close to me at the games.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Migawd, Kib! I thought you were going to tell us you'd been made a judge! Glad to hear it isn't anything quite that serious. Take good care of yourself, dude!
ps. That derned chicken guy beat me to the punch, posted while I was typing, but I am going to leave this anyway.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Migawd, Kib! I thought you were going to tell us you'd been made a judge! Glad to hear it isn't anything quite that serious. Take good care of yourself, dude!
ps. That derned chicken guy beat me to the punch, posted while I was typing, but I am going to leave this anyway.

JS

Reaction Score
Thread locked at OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members