OT - Jays/Rangers | The Boneyard

OT - Jays/Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Umps need to use common fk'in sense and not let that run score.
Just like they should have used common sense and called Utley out.
Umpiring in sports is Atrocious.

Reaction Score
I believe you are wrong on this one. The run definitely should be allowed. The umps got it right. It was also the right decision to review it even though it is not on the list of reviewable plays.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I believe you are wrong on this one. The run definitely should be allowed. The umps got it right. It was also the right decision to review it even though it is not on the list of reviewable plays.

Yep. Choo didn't really interfere. Martin should have made a better throw.

Reaction Score
Umps got it right.

Reaction Score
Holy crap.

Might as well start the 30 for 30 about this 7th inning. Wow.
Agreed on the 30 for 30 on this inning. Worst defensive inning in the hiatory of baseball, it starts with Martin throwing it off the batters bat, to garbage being thrown on the field to 4 errors from the Rangers to Joey Bats hitting a bomb and more beer cans and benches clearing. Never seen anything like it.

Reaction Score
Whos up on their baseball score keeping. Does the batter get an rbi on that play?

Reaction Score
Agreed on the 30 for 30 on this inning. Worst defensive inning in the hiatory of baseball, it starts with Martin throwing it off the batters bat, to garbage being thrown on the field to 4 errors from the Rangers to Joey Bats hitting a bomb and more beer cans and benches clearing. Never seen anything like it.

Elvis Andrus has to be looking for a hole to climb into right now. He committed, I think, two errors in that inning and was involved in a third. His bat hasn't exactly made up for it, either.

The Texas Rangers, comprised entirely of professional baseball players and playing in their 170th something game, botched three straight routine plays to begin the inning.

It doesn't get much crazier...in the top of the seventh I saw something I've never seen before and it took all of one-half inning for something else I've never seen before to occur.

Reaction Score
Elvis Andrus has to be looking for a hole to climb into right now. He committed, I think, two errors in that inning and was involved in a third. His bat hasn't exactly made up for it, either.

The Texas Rangers, comprised entirely of professional baseball players and playing in their 170th something game, botched three straight routine plays to begin the inning.

It doesn't get much crazier...in the top of the seventh I saw something I've never seen before and it took all of one-half inning for something else I've never seen before to occur.
That's the beauty of baseball sometimes. So many moving parts, and so much opportunity for chaos.

Reaction Score
Crazy....Never seen an inning like it..

Almost like Texas felt bad and let Martin get on base. Next 2 errors, 3 run homer, fights were icing on the cake.

Reaction Score
I think Rangers were charged with 3 errors in the 7th but it should have been 4, the ball hit to the second baseman by Josh Donaldson was as routine as it gets. Just an absurd game.

Reaction Score
Only thing I don't get is that Dale Scott called time/dead ball when Odor was 2/3rd of the way down the line.

In the NFL, if the whistle is blown before a fumble is recovered, that's it. Play is over as soon as the whistle is blown.

But baseball is different?

Reaction Score
What does this mean? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't know what you mean.

It was also the right decision to review it even though it is not on the list of reviewable plays.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
On July 31 the Jays were in 3rd place in AL East at 53-51. 6 games behind Yanks.

Reaction Score
Only thing I don't get is that Dale Scott called time/dead ball when Odor was 2/3rd of the way down the line.

In the NFL, if the whistle is blown before a fumble is recovered, that's it. Play is over as soon as the whistle is blown.

Baseball is very different.

Reaction Score

Only thing I don't get is orange skins.

With oranges, the skin is much softer, but it is ultimately best, if not necessary, to peel the skin off, as said skin is quite bitter compared to the succulent inside. And the skin is the same color of said inside.

But apples are different?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I didn't see it, but it generated a great article in the Toronto Star....

He stood there, 34 years old, and he watched it go and looked at the pitcher and pursed his lips and flipped his bat aside like a king, like he would never need it again. They may erect a statue of that bat flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom