OT:It turns out Schiano's a | The Boneyard

OT:It turns out Schiano's a

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I remember reading that linked Feinstein article which told you everything you needed to know. Now he's out there claiming Rutgers caused at least 4 fumbles with that move, when nobody on the Rutgers rivals board could recall more than one. His teams always hit late, always head hunted and speared guys every chance they got. Then he became Mr. Sanctimonious after Legrand gets hurt (leading with his helmet, look it up on youtube) about how dangerous kickoffs are and how the rules should change. Schiano's an asshat of the highest order.

Reaction Score
1. I don't have to read any article to know Schiano is a . And I say that having respect for what he accomplished at Rutgers.

2. I must say, it was funny watching the Giants -- Bucs game and not understanding why every Bucs defender continued to try to rip the ball away from whomever had it after the whistle again and again and again. And then, of course, I remembered who their coach was. Talk about "daja vu all over again."

3. Just last Saturday, before the Giant -- Buc game, I remember walking out of Maryland's stadium telling my party "well, at least Edsall didn't Schiano us at the end and make us sit there another few miinutes while he called timeouts that wouldn't stop us from running the clock out."

4. And when the Giants game ended like it did, again, it was nothing we hadn't seen many times in the Big East. Although I had hoped that his joining the NFL coaching fraternity would force him to grow up a little. My bad.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It will be entertaining when the players turn on him. Highly entertaining.

Reaction Score
"It's his way or [expletive] you. He needs to back up a little bit, or he's going to have a very hard time in this league over the long haul."
The part in bold could describe a lot of coaches.

Reaction Score
"It's his way or [expletive] you. He needs to back up a little bit, or he's going to have a very hard time in this league over the long haul."
The part in bold could describe a lot of coaches.
The only way you can command that kind of respect in the NFL is winning a Super Bowl. What has Schiano won?

Reaction Score
Remember that game against Rutgers a few years ago, when at the end his defensive players kept mysteriously getting injured and reappeared on the field a few plays later. They conserved clock time and came back and won.

That stuff was so fake.

1. I don't have to read any article to know Schiano is a . And I say that having respect for what he accomplished at Rutgers.

2. I must say, it was funny watching the Giants -- Bucs game and not understanding why every Bucs defender continued to try to rip the ball away from whomever had it after the whistle again and again and again. And then, of course, I remembered who their coach was. Talk about "daja vu all over again."

3. Just last Saturday, before the Giant -- Buc game, I remember walking out of Maryland's stadium telling my party "well, at least Edsall didn't Schiano us at the end and make us sit there another few miinutes while he called timeouts that wouldn't stop us from running the clock out."

4. And when the Giants game ended like it did, again, it was nothing we hadn't seen many times in the Big East. Although I had hoped that his joining the NFL coaching fraternity would force him to grow up a little. My bad.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Remember that time last year down 3 tds at Rentschler when he pulled his crap when UConn tried to take a knee at the end of the game?

Because you know he only does it down a score and its worked at least four times. And by four I mean none.

Reaction Score

This is a little off topic. But one of my pet peeves is when teams are holding the ball carrier up trying to strip the ball it always seems like the ball carrier picks up an additional four or five yards. I see this all the time in college and the NFL. It usually late game and the team with the ball usually gets an additonal first down instead of being forced to punt.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
This is a little off topic. But one of my pet peeves is when teams are holding the ball carrier up trying to strip the ball it always seems like the ball carrier picks up an additional four or five yards. I see this all the time in college and the NFL. It usually late game and the team with the ball usually gets an additonal first down instead of being forced to punt.

Against Temple a few years ago, they forced a fumble from Todman doing the same thing. It does work often. I've yelled at the TV more often than not for a player to just go down as opposed to fighting for one more yard and fumbling.

Reaction Score
Remember that time last year down 3 tds at Rentschler when he pulled his crap when UConn tried to take a knee at the end of the game?

Because you know he only does it down a score and its worked at least four times. And by four I mean none.

Keep chopping.

Reaction Score
well thank god we killed them last year, I wonder if teams should just have their backup qb in the game to take a knee and be the sacrificial lamb

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only way you can command that kind of respect in the NFL is winning a Super Bowl. What has Schiano won?
He did beat Louisville once.....

And somehow got more mileage out of that than any one win ever (the Jets win over the Colts in SB III excepted).

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
He put Rutgers on the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He put Rutgers on the map.

Yeah, but was he in trailers?

The solution to dumb crap like this is to run the victory formation out of the shotgun. The QB takes a knee 3 yards from the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom