ot: is tapatalk any good? | The Boneyard

ot: is tapatalk any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Definitely. Helps to surf this site on it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Every post I've made on the new yard has been through tapa talk On iphone, I love it . Definitely worth it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
??? Worth the 2.95
I think I paid $1.99 for the android version. It's very good. Suprisingly, there is a slight learning curve to figure out how to get to the next sometimes. Reload needs to be used liberally as sometimes even though you refreshed the list, the thread needs to be reloaded too. Also, probably a good idea to go into options and have it do 50 posts per page - just makes it easier to get through a thread. So far, this is the only paid app on my phone and I really like it. It's two bucks - if you have to worry about two bucks, you probably shouldn't have bought a smart phone :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Looks like it has some kinks to work out. Razor is misspelled and looks like Caps Lock gets stuck intermittantly.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's $3.

You wasted $3 of your time writing that post.

The kids won't starve if you buy it and don't like it, so go for it. I don't read much with it and I never post with it, but I do give the menu page a quick look before I jump in the car in the morning.

Not sent from any sort of phone using Tapatalk. I'm using a computer because my posts are too intense for mobile.

Reaction Score
It's $3.

The kids won't starve if you buy it and don't like it, so go for it. I don't read much with it and I never post with it, but I do give the menu page a quick look before I jump in the car in the morning.

Not sent from any sort of phone using Tapatalk. I'm using a computer because my posts are too intense for mobile.

love your post fishy, would enjoy sitting for dinner or drinks and pick your brain. we could have cheerios

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
love your post fishy, would enjoy sitting for dinner or drinks and pick your brain. we could have cheerios

Sounds good.

An honest to God truth - Cheerios are my favorite food. I had them for breakfast and dinner today.

Reaction Score
It's $3.

The kids won't starve if you buy it and don't like it, so go for it.

There is a generation of people that have never paid for software/apps /music at any price. Probably not 99, but it pains them to purchase something and furthermore they feel they are rightly justified.

Reaction Score
The dam add comes up every time I post. I may pay just to make it stop. Wondered how functional it is

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There is a generation of people that have never paid for software/apps /music at any price. Probably not 99, but it pains them to purchase something and furthermore they feel they are rightly justified.

I'm ambivalent on the whole paying for app thing.

If someone wants to give me something for free, it's their choice. I know by now to expect a bunch of pop up ads and crap that goes with it.

As Fishy said- for $3 who cares. You spend that much on a Starbuck's coffee and that money is literally pisssedd away in two hours (although the fat calories last a lifetime).

The ones that get me are the $20 and above apps that don't give any sort of free trial or money back guaranteee. For example, I'm not spending $35 on a golf GPS app that I can't check out first to see how it works on real golf courses.

Reaction Score
I'm ambivalent on the whole paying for app thing.

If someone wants to give me something for free, it's their choice. I know by now to expect a bunch of pop up ads and crap that goes with it.

As Fishy said- for $3 who cares. You spend that much on a Starbuck's coffee and that money is literally pisssedd away in two hours (although the fat calories last a lifetime).

The ones that get me are the $20 and above apps that don't give any sort of free trial or money back guaranteee. For example, I'm not spending $35 on a golf GPS app that I can't check out first to see how it works on real golf courses.

funny thing is the money is not the factor, wonder how productive it is

Reaction Score
Looks like it has some kinks to work out. Razor is misspelled and looks like Caps Lock gets stuck intermittantly.

Its only highlighting the greatness of the hardware used to produce the message.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
funny thing is the money is not the factor, wonder how productive it is

It's about 80 times more functional than using a mobile browser to read the board - it's not even close.

I like it because I can glance at it, see what's changed, see if anyone has taken leave of their senses and disagreed with me and then get back out of it in a few seconds.

I've had it for other forums when it first came out and I thought it was a miserable piece of cobbled up junk, but it works very well here now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Posting from it for the first time- perfectly acceptable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm using the Tapatalk app for the iPhone right now. It's excellent. Would purchase again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom