OT- huskiesnyc UConn interview | The Boneyard

OT- huskiesnyc UConn interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been posting here for several years and I figured maybe some of you would find this interesting. I was an athlete at UConn (not hoops), but I make sure to talk about my favorite sport - UConn Men's Basketball. Below is the part where I'm asked about UConn bball.

HC: UConn's basketball tradition is second to none. How did that inspire you as a tennis player?

SS: There is a certain toughness about Jim Calhoun and now Kevin Ollie, and they instill that toughness in their players. I can honestly say UConn basketball is my favorite sport, and they inspire me to this day. I'm actually probably a little too obsessed with it.

As a tennis player I would just think about how much preparation and dedication guys like Ray Allen put into it. I mean the guy does his warmups six hours before tip-off. Nobody else does that. There is something so pure about the way they compete as student-athletes - just for the love of the game and the University - not for money. On the other hand, UConn does have a long history of producing millionaires in the NBA. (Laughs)

http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/article.asp?id=1960

Reaction Score
I've been posting here for several years and I figured maybe some of you would find this interesting. I was an athlete at UConn (not hoops), but I make sure to talk about my favorite sport - UConn Men's Basketball. Below is the part where I'm asked about UConn bball.

HC: UConn's basketball tradition is second to none. How did that inspire you as a tennis player?

SS: There is a certain toughness about Jim Calhoun and now Kevin Ollie, and they instill that toughness in their players. I can honestly say UConn basketball is my favorite sport, and they inspire me to this day. I'm actually probably a little too obsessed with it.

As a tennis player I would just think about how much preparation and dedication guys like Ray Allen put into it. I mean the guy does his warmups six hours before tip-off. Nobody else does that. There is something so pure about the way they compete as student-athletes - just for the love of the game and the University - not for money. On the other hand, UConn does have a long history of producing millionaires in the NBA. (Laughs)

http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/article.asp?id=1960

Thanks for sharing, Sam. Nice interview.

As far as being obsessed with UConn men's bball, you're a dime a dozen (especially around these parts).;)

Reaction Score
Thank you Sam! Great read!

A quick question or 2 on tennis.

With Wimbledon winding down what are your thoughts on a few matches?

Do you think Djokovic will win in straight sets over Dimitrov tomorrow morning or can Dimitrov take a set?

If Federer and Djok meet in the final who do like?

Also what a performance by Bouchard at Wimbledon so far. She is truly a hottie also! Who wins the final Bouchard or Kvitova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom