OT: Hotels in Boston (City) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Hotels in Boston (City)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Commonwealth, Seaport, Elliot, Marriott Custom House (if you can get in), Newbury Guest House, The Langham and the Royal Sonesta have all been good for us over the years.

Reaction Score
I hate Boston. I hold grudges: Whalers, Patriots,. GE and BC. I suggest taking your daughter who lives in Dorcester on a trip to NYC. Spend your money there.

Reaction Score
Commonwealth, Seaport, Elliot, Marriott Custom House (if you can get in), Newbury Guest House, The Langham and the Royal Sonesta have all been good for us over the years.
Yes but I don't think any of those are around $250 a night like the OP wanted.

Reaction Score
OK Guys thanks so much. After much deliberation and back and forth I booked a room on the other side of the river in Cambridge MA. My daughter lives in Boston but goes to church in Cambridge (where she went to college), so staying in there gives us more time and flexibility on Sunday.

The hotel is the Marlowe (linky) with a river side room with views of Boston Skyline. It was about $340 for the four of us.

What was nice is that after I booked they asked did anyone have a birthday. The hotel will hook my daughter up with snacks and stuff. There will be a telescope in the room. Couple of nice touches already. Should make up for the 'extra' parking expenses! I'm learning Boston ain't cheap.

Not that it matters but they won a nice US News and World Report Hotel Award: (Linky). I hope they don't spoil me because my cheap arse am usually fine with just a clean room, comfy bed and clean bathroom, anywhere. Staying in various Africa hotels makes the Super 8 feel like the Hyatt.

Will let you all know the experience but for one night it won't be detailed.
The Marlowe is near the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall and there's also a green line T stop on Monsignor O'Brien Highway and First St. so you can take that into Boston. Have fun.

Reaction Score
Okay thanks all!

Stayed at the Marlowe in Cambridge and it was fantastic, comparable to my stays in Scottsdale and other top hotels. Pet friendly.
They upgraded our room to a corner room suite with jacuzzi, and tricked out the room with candies and fancy bottled sparkling waters and snacks for my daughter. It was a wonderful experience and they hooked me. Telescope in the room was a nice touch looking at the Boston skyline. All you would expect with plush bathrobes, comfortable furniture and other amenities (IPhone radio).

@HooperScooper its attached to the Galleria with shared parking, you won't get wet if raining. The Science Muesum is a block away which was a sight my daughter wanted to go to (MJ laser show). The floor and hotel was quiet, semi upscale meaning comfortable not at all snobbish. The hotel restaurant has great reviews but we didn't eat there. We just grabbed lunch at PF Chang's next door in the mall.

I won't post for Boston hotel suggestions here for quite some time or unless they are sold out. I found 'my spot'!

Oh and forgive me but that whole special birthday upgrade thingee has given me some devilish/scheming ideas for future trips.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
My daughter and boyfriend just stayed at the Bostonian right across from Faneuil Hall and walking distance from the North End, and the main tourist area.. We got it on Expedia for $225. Great location. You could also use Hotwire.com - I've used that site for NYC and it's owned by Expedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom