OT: HH Interviewed by Tuberville for DC job at CIncy | The Boneyard

OT: HH Interviewed by Tuberville for DC job at CIncy

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I hope he gets a good job. I'm not sure that I hope he gets a job in the conference. Be careful what you wish for. I think that Hank was a pretty good DLine coach, and we've had a fair share of success over the years on the DLine during his tenure. I know that people didn't think much of him as a DC, but that's not what he's being interviewed for...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I hope he gets a good job. I'm not sure that I hope he gets a job in the conference. Be careful what you wish for. I think that Hank was a pretty good DLine coach, and we've had a fair share of success over the years on the DLine during his tenure. I know that people didn't think much of him as a DC, but that's not what he's being interviewed for...

Yes it is. He's being interviewed for Cincy DC job.

Cincinnati: A source tells CoachingSearch that former UConn defensive coordinator / defensive line coach Hank Hughes has interviewed for the defensive coordinator job at Cincinnati.

As an aside, is Buggs the only former coach of ours who has been picked up elsewhere so far?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Cincinnati: A source tells CoachingSearch that former UConn defensive coordinator / defensive line coach Hank Hughes has interviewed for the defensive coordinator job at Cincinnati.

As an aside, is Buggs the only former coach of ours who has been picked up elsewhere so far?

Oh, good catch. Well, I still think he was a decent DC. Couple that with being a pretty good DL, and I would again say, "Be careful what you wish for..."

Reaction Score

Where did Buggs land?

Reaction Score
I think Hank was a decent-good DL coach. Always had good development on the D line, and good units. In my opinion, he was really hamstrung this year by PP's prototype BS. It's hard to get a pass rush when you have DE's that are 400 lb's, and slow as can be.

However, he was sub par as a DC...Although i really don't think Paul helped him there either. But he was never my favorite when he DC'd for Randy either. I always thougt we had better talent than we showed on the field. Don Brown was measurably better in his 2 years.

Reaction Score
May be a done deal...

“@UConnFB_Andrew: Per @footballscoop, former #UConn defensive coordinator Hank Hughes has landed on his feet in Cincinnati to take the same position.”

I guess congrats are in order but it keeps getting stuck in my throat cuz it's Cincy ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
May be a done deal...

“@UConnFB_Andrew: Per @footballscoop, former #UConn defensive coordinator Hank Hughes has landed on his feet in Cincinnati to take the same position.”

I guess congrats are in order but it keeps getting stuck in my throat cuz it's Cincy ;)

There are certainly worse teams that would be worse. Hope he does well except for one. He's got a ton of FBS experience and has done well when you look at his entire body of work.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any chance of someone finding out his salary at Cincy?

Reaction Score
This makes no sense in Cincinnati part. They let go there DC who's defense ranked 9th in the nation to then hire Hank Hughes who's defense was ranked 51st in the nation. Wow! Well, good luck to both Hank Hughes and Cincinnati.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Best of luck to Hank except when we play Cincinnati next year. At least we know the Bearcat defense will be conservative!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm stunned TT picked up HH. HH's efforts at UConn have been admirable and appreciated. However, I would think TT would have wanted someone with more recruiting power.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Hank except when we play Cincinnati next year. At least we know the Bearcat defense will be conservative!

See attached from yesterday's paper:

NOT A DONE DEAL:

"That Tommy Tuberville relieved Fred Tate and Art Kaufman of their defensive duties is the major subplot for the early off season. It was perhaps even more surprising that the reasoning behind the move had more to do with recruiting than on field performance.
Which makes the first candidate to emerge for Kaufman's departed post seem very strange indeed. Its former UConn defensive line coach and defensive coordinator Hank Hughes."

see full article...not a done deal yet....

http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/college/first-defensive-coordinator-candidate-emerges-for/fWp5c/

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Old Dominion: The Hartford Courant is reporting that former UConn and Penn State assistant Kermit Buggs will join the ODU staff.

Thought he joined the JMU staff? Change of heart?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
See attached from yesterday's paper:

NOT A DONE DEAL:

"That Tommy Tuberville relieved Fred Tate and Art Kaufman of their defensive duties is the major subplot for the early off season. It was perhaps even more surprising that the reasoning behind the move had more to do with recruiting than on field performance.
Which makes the first candidate to emerge for Kaufman's departed post seem very strange indeed. Its former UConn defensive line coach and defensive coordinator Hank Hughes."

see full article...not a done deal yet....

http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/college/first-defensive-coordinator-candidate-emerges-for/fWp5c/

Thanks Colt!

Reaction Score
Old Dominion: The Hartford Courant is reporting that former UConn and Penn State assistant Kermit Buggs will join the ODU staff.

Thought he joined the JMU staff? Change of heart?

Desmond Conner @desmondconner
Former #UConnFootball assistant @KBuggs4 will be assistant defensive coordinator and coach the secondary at #OldDominion

Exactly the same position he should of been given here at Uconn. He was successful as a secondary coach a Penn State for years and then get's hired here to coach RB's by PP... Good luck to Buggs!

Reaction Score
coachingsearch1:24pm via Web
New Mexico: A source tells CoachingSearch that former UConn defensive backs coach Darrell Perkins has interviewed for the defensive coordinator job at New Mexico.
Jan 9th:
New Mexico: Despite a report that has surfaced elsewhere, Bob Davie has yet to make any hire on the defensive side of the ball. Prairie View A&M defensive coordinator Charles McMillan has interviewed, as has former UConn defensive backs coach Darrell Perkins, which CoachingSearch reported earlier today.
Jan 10th:
New Mexico: Prairie View A&M defensive coordinator Charles McMillian has now accepted the defensive coordinator / defensive backs job at New Mexico.

Too bad for Perkins, was hoping he'd get this position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom