OT: Hernandez Trial

Discussion in 'Off Topic Archive' started by dogpause, Apr 7, 2015.

1. dogpause

dogpause

Wow, can't believe his own lawyer said he was present for the murder of Lloyd. Doesn't MA law let you be found guilty even if you didn't pull the trigger? Does this line of defense make any sense?

2. donyell34

donyell34

Seems like he's guilty with a strong circumstantial case. Stranger things have happened though. What a freaking shame and judgment day is here.

3. huskypantz

huskypantz UConn - We Recycle

Trying to throw doubt into the minds of the jury. He admits he was there.so who really pulled the trigger??? And of course it's too late for him to take the stand.

4. Deepster

Deepster

1. There's no murder weapon.
    2. There's no eyewitness testimony.
    3. There's no real motive.
    You need to prove he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. No case here from what I can see, I think he walks easily.

The X Man and UConNation like this.
  5. BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

I haven't really followed the case too closely but irrespective of whether they get him for murder I don't think he's going to walk on the various gun charges so I can't imagine he skates completely.

UConNation likes this.
  6. UConn990411

UConn990411

I have a sneaky feeling his high-priced lawyers understand the law.

polycom and Butch like this.
  7. methodology

methodology

Prosecution did a poor job in this case. They were throwing Scalito at the wall and hoping things stuck. No motive, no murder weapon, all circumstantial evidence, defense poked holes through most of their "evidence" that linked Hernandez. The video from the house doesn't clearly show a gun or anything its all speculation and the jury cant convict on speculation it has to be without a doubt.

Tough to convict him on first degree murder but the gun charges and the other double homicide case will be completely different IMO.

8. tower1

tower1

Yea he is going to walk alright, right into Prison!

DaddyChoc and GlastonTim like this.
  9. TheChamps990411

TheChamps990411

Funny because ive been thinking the same thing. Ive been telling people that i have this funny feeling hes going to get off. Hope im wrong. He should spend the rest of his life in prison. Not for murder but just for being a complete moron.

10. dogpause

dogpause

I was surprised at the lack of oratory skills by both the prosecutor and the defense lawyer. Neither of them had much sales ability, IMO.

11. Excalibur

Excalibur

People have been convicted with less, and not just guys without the means to mount a good defense. Either way, he goes back to prison to await his next trial.

Kitaman likes this.
  12. Joobie

Joobie Bookie

There was no weapon found, but the tire track impressions & a joint with his DNA on it were found at the scene. Not sure what the ramifications might be, but it was pretty clear that he was there. He really had no other defense except to say that he didn't pull the trigger; which begs the question, why not call 911 if you knew your "friend" had been shot?

DaddyChoc and Stinger92860 like this.
  13. CallMeBruce

CallMeBruce

Yeah, I don't see how he isn't at least an accessory, at which point it stops mattering whether or not he pulled the trigger.

14. BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

Except he wasn't charged with it, so no dice.

walker11 likes this.
  15. Deepster

Deepster

Well, the ramifications are not being convicted of murder.

BigErnMcCracken likes this.
  16. jibsey

jibsey

Don't forget that whatever happens he's got double murder charges waiting for him in the bullpen. You can't make up his kind of stupid.

17. superjohn

superjohn

If they don't get him on this murder they sure as hell ain't getting him on the other two.

UConNation and sammydabiz like this.
  18. JimOllie

JimOllie

I'm 100% sure he did it but there evidence isn't there. However, after this trial he'll be tried for the Boston double murder which has multiple eye witnesses who were in the car that Hernandez shot at. So while I think he'll walk this time, the next trial looks like it could have better evidence,

19. HuskyBballFan

HuskyBballFan

How do you figure? They have a stronger case in the double murder. They actually have the gun in that case.

20. jibsey

jibsey

He probably thinks that if he beats this he will play in the NFL again.

21. dogpause

dogpause

Either way, he'll be broke after two murder trials.

22. Go_Huskies

Go_Huskies

I hope this is sarcasm. This is an open and shut case. He is guilty and will rightly be found guilty in the rural (conservative by new england standards) county.

23. superjohn

superjohn

Never heard they have the gun in that case? If that's true, he should be done.

24. Hoophound

Hoophound

No way. He's got a 50/50 shot or better of being found innocent. There is zero proof as to who shot the guy. I think he did, but it is tough/impossible to prove.

25. Go_Huskies

Go_Huskies

Here is the evidence.
    1. He has cell phone records that track exactly with the dead victims' cell phone. The cell phone records prove that he went to pick up the victim in boston and then took him to the place where his body was found. Coincidence?
    2. Text messages between Hernandez and the victim indicating they made plans to hang out the night the victim was killed.
    3. Surveillance video showing Hernandez entering the industrial park were the victim's body was found with the victim shortly before a witness heard shots being fired. After the shots were there is video of his car leaving the park without the victim. Hmm? That seems suspicious.
    4. Shortly after that there is surveillance video showing Hernandez coming in his house a few minutes after the victim was killed holding what appears to be a gun.
    5. Multiple witnessing indicating that Hernandez owned the type of gun that killed the victim. A gun that is now missing.
    6.His finance testifying that Hernandez asked her to throw away a box.
    7. Multiple witnessing testifying that Hernandez was mad at the victim for speaking to his "enemies" at a club and not saying "Hi" to him.
    8. Hernandez destroyed his phone in a futile attempt to get rid of evidence. This was also captured on tape.
    9. Text messages between Hernandez and his partner that sound like he asking him to get rid of evidence "“U grab everything out of car … clip and cds and everything.”" Clips may refer to the type you put in a gun

No Evidence?

dtrumpet likes this.
  26. JimOllie

JimOllie

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

27. WingU-Conn

WingU-Conn Apologista 2.0

No. No evidence that he pulled the trigger. Ever heard of reasonable doubt?

There's plenty of evidence that he was there (with at least two others), and that a man was murdered.

Out of those 9 pieces of evidence, which one specifically proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Hernandez pulled the trigger?

Any one of them could have done it. He probably did. But "probably" = reasonable doubt. He'll get off.

28. Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Da_Aisijimo_Gou

On the other hand, Hernandez's defense attorneys ...

29. BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

Yes, there's a lot of circumstantial evidence. That doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be convicted.

UConNation likes this.
  30. Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Da_Aisijimo_Gou

On the other hand, Hernandez's defense attorneys' retirements ...