OT: Guilty Pleasures-Another Music Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Guilty Pleasures-Another Music Thread

Reaction Score
@Kembacity Tom Cochrane struck it big with Red Rider. Remember "Lunatic Fringe?

I have no idea what you're talking about in all honesty, but I've never gotten into Tom Cochrane deep cuts, this song always makes me laugh at it no matter what so I cant believe it took me that long to think to post it

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised nobody has "Walking in Memphis" yet. But I'll go with this one. Closing Time, Semisonic. Loved this song.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Brewer and Shipley - "One Toke Over the Line"
Captain Beyond - "Sufficiently Breathless"
Count Five - "Pyschotic Reaction"
The Five Stairsteps - "O-o-h Child"
House of Pain - "Jump Around"
Kajagoogoo - "Too Shy"
Ram Jam - "Black Betty"
New Radicals - "You Get What You Give"

Reaction Score
Brewer and Shipley - "One Toke Over the Line"
Captain Beyond - "Sufficiently Breathless"
Count Five - "Pyschotic Reaction"
The Five Stairsteps - "O-o-h Child"
House of Pain - "Jump Around"
Kajagoogoo - "Too Shy"
Ram Jam - "Black Betty"
New Radicals - "You Get What You Give"

Oh man is this the first Kajagoogoo mention? Damn I can't believe I missed that one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tommy Tutone....Jenny (867 5309).
Starland Vocal Band. Afternoon Delight (the most innocent sounding song ever about getting laid in the daytime)

Man I'm dating myself here.

Watched the VHI pop up video session on Afternoon Delight...hilarious. "That song is filthy!" It was so much fun to watch a bunch of people close to my age saying how they had no idea what it was about, talking about it later.

Reaction Score
Watched the VHI pop up video session on Afternoon Delight...hilarious. "That song is filthy!" It was so much fun to watch a bunch of people close to my age saying how they had no idea what it was about, talking about it later.
The remake was good also

Reaction Score
I wanted to throw this one out there...because when this rocker came out in 1983, it sure seemed like New Haven's Michael (Bolotin) Bolton was going to be a one hit guy. Then 4 years later he came back as a crooner and took over the charts for 5 or 6 years.

Reaction Score
The other music threads were fun and since its still before the night created for the casual fans, let's do one more:

Name up to 3 guilty pleasure songs that you like. I will take the brave first step:

Year of the Cat by Al Stewart;
Sara Smile by Hall & Oates;
Locked out of Heaven by Bruno Mars;

Reaction Score
The other music threads were fun and since its still before the night created for the casual fans, let's do one more:

Name up to 3 guilty pleasure songs that you like. I will take the brave first step:

Year of the Cat by Al Stewart;
Sara Smile by Hall & Oates;
Locked out of Heaven by Bruno Mars;
Those are all great songs. By guilty pleasures aren't they supposed to be cr@p songs we are embarrassed to admit liking?

Reaction Score
Those are all great songs. By guilty pleasures aren't they supposed to be cr@p songs we are embarrassed to admit liking?

That's exactly what I am saying. I didn't exactly list Kashmir, Comfortably Numb and Gimme Shelter. The 3 I named are grounds for being embarrassed.

Reaction Score
I feel like I am taking it to the next level of embarrassment. I legitimately like You Gotta Be by Desree. I blame it on my mom for listening to webe108 constantly while I was young. And Taylor Swift's new album was great but I'm not embarrassed to like it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's exactly what I am saying. I didn't exactly list Kashmir, Comfortably Numb and Gimme Shelter. The 3 I named are grounds for being embarrassed.

Year of the Cat belongs in that company. Rainy Days and Mondays however ...

Reaction Score
I know I'll likely be chewed out here because everyone seems to be either into classic rock or Digital Underground, but a ton of that early 90's dance music is a huge guilty pleasure for me.

Cece Peniston's "Finally", C+C Music Factory, Robin S "Show Me Love", La Bouche, Ace of Base, Jon Secada?

Yeah, not embarrassed, and I like that recently some dance musicians have adopted that style of a more simplistic beat, like Kiesza or that newer song "This Girl" by Kungs vs Cookin' on 3 burners (yes that's truly the listed artist of a popular song)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom