OT - Golf Travel Bags | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Golf Travel Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no idea what bag to get but I did play and stay at Bandon Dunes last week....just thought I'd mention that. :)
2012-02-02_10-06-11_760.jpg

Reaction Score
Yeah. Looking back at my post I went off on a bit of tangent and starting talking more about the clubs than travel bags.

But the main purpose of the travel bag is to protect what's inside of it. Some baggage handlers treat the equipment more roughly than others and the clubs- especially the driver can be sensitive.

My current driver has a 46 inch long shaft weighing 50 grams and has a 460cc head. Pretty top heavy. What might seem like a glancing blow to the head of the club can cause a lot of monetary damage. Gotta protect the equipment as best as possible.

Wow, impressive. You're packing a lot of club there. Curious if the ladies love it or run in the opposite direction when they see it. You should change your name from chin diesel to diesel. ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wow, impressive. You're packing a lot of club there. Curious if the ladies love it or run in the opposite direction when they see it. You should change your name from chin diesel to diesel. ;)

If you're living in the northeast you probably have some snow to shovel so I'll save you the time and energy of clicking on the link I provided above.

Here are some of the details of what I pack in my golf bag.

NIKE Mens SQ MACHSPEED Black Drivers

A great deal on a club that generates a great deal of clubhead speed!

When the club goes faster, drives go farther. The aerodynamically engineered SQ MACHSPEED Black driver generates less drag, more speed and greater distance. And with STR8-FIT adjustable technology, you can customize the club face angle to deliver all your power to the fairway.
NIKE Mens SQ MACHSPEED Black Drivers feature:

• Lofts: 8.5° • 9.5° • 10.5° • 11.5° • 13°HL
  • Available in left- and right-hand
  • Includes torque wrench and headcover
Details:

Sole:
      • NIKE PowerBow and sole diffuser designs keep the airflow smooth and close to the club surface, reducing drag and encouraging faster acceleration
Setup
      • Drag reduction throughout the downswing allows the club to reach its true maximum speed, delivering maximum energy to the ball
      • Square shape provides more forgiveness
Face:
      • Deeper face allows for the delivery of greater ball speed across the face ensuring greater distance on off center hits as well as increasing forgiveness
Toe/Hosel:
      • STR8-FIT eight-position adjustability provides the ideal face angle for any swing, any shot and to help correct some of the most devastating hooks and slices
Shaft:
    • Fubuki Graphite. Enables golfers to generate more clubhead speed while providing a smoother, solid feel at impact
Faster Goes Farther!

Reaction Score
Chin - I played 36 yesterday at Winnapaug in Westerly RI - that's my 9th and 10th rounds in 2012 up here in the "snowy" Northeast....LOL

Reaction Score
I've used Trav-A-Lite bags for years. It's a hard case that takes up no more room than a carry bag. The only down side is that there is little storage for outerwear, rain gear, etc. I bring that stuff in a backpack.
Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA