OT-Giants Fans... Jason Pierre Paul injured. | The Boneyard

OT-Giants Fans... Jason Pierre Paul injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Sounds like he blew off some fingers, 22 year old in Maine lit fireworks off his head and instantly died. Always amazed at the stupidity of people. A guy from Texas was told not to swim last night because the waters were infested by alligators, he yelled F the gators jumped in and was quickly eaten.

I know you weren't trying to be funny but the way that read I laughed out loud. Now I feel like a jerk.

Reaction Score
Sounds like he blew off some fingers, 22 year old in Maine lit fireworks off his head and instantly died. Always amazed at the stupidity of people. A guy from Texas was told not to swim last night because the waters were infested by alligators, he yelled F the gators jumped in and was quickly eaten.

My... God. I can't even put this into words yet. The stupidity... so avoidable...

Reaction Score
Yeah, I read the Maine guy story earlier, and thought how stupid you could be. It now appears that was an accident. Still fireworks are no joke.

Reaction Score
I was 18 on a lake in NY one summer and was hammered for the 4th. I planted a dozen or two rockets around the sand and just haphazardly walked around with a rolled-up, lit, newspaper lighting them off all around me. Should have lost body parts that night. Lucky that I walked away without a scratch. That said, as drunk as I was, I was not foolish enough to mess with the heavy motors and they were available.

Reaction Score
At least he was the one who got hurt not a neighbor. Money can buy a lot but not common sense. They could sell commemorative JPP jerseys this year with Doh! on the back. Giants getting injured on the 4th of July. This beats the Sehorn injury but the trend of injury bug infection continues.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There's stereotypes. And then there's stereotypes.

Want to draw up the picture of a recently moved to Texas from St. Louis 28 year old guy who would jump in to a lake known to have a 12' gator, while telling witnesses "duck the alligator" at 0230 in the morning?

Yep, he'd look like this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...or-fatal-attack-texas-bayou-article-1.2281325
gator5n-4-web.jpg

Reaction Score
There's stereotypes. And then there's stereotypes. Want to draw up the picture of a recently moved to Texas from St. Louis 28 year old guy who would jump in to a lake known to have a 12' gator, while telling witnesses "duck the alligator" at 0230 in the morning? Yep, he'd look like this.
Not so sure about stereotypes, but the alligator swimmer sure looks similar to the British guy (lower right corner of Daily News article) who speaks 9 languages fluently. http://www.babbel.com/magazine/lang...tm_campaign=md_engall_gen_cxo_bv1_polyglotvid

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Charles Darwin is usually proven right every 4th of July.
In related news, the running of the bulls starts this week.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The article I read said that the girl that guy was with spotted the gator in the water before he even went in. After she said something he then said, " gator", jumped in, was attacked within seconds, came back up, and was pulled down for good instantly.

You can't make up some of the stupid that happens in this world....

Reaction Score
The article I read said that the girl that guy was with spotted the gator in the water before he even went in. After she said something he then said, " gator", jumped in, was attacked within seconds, came back up, and was pulled down for good instantly.

You can't make up some of the stupid that happens in this world....

Yep once it gets a hold of you your done thats 2,000 lbs worth of pressure on a gator bit. I did go on gator tour in Lousiana and our guide jumped into the water and wrestled an alligator if you google him the name is Lance Lacrosse. You better have real good experience with gators to do something like that.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The boyfriend and mother denied the kid medical care for hours. Incredibly sad.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm always amazed at the stupidity of some of these professional athletes in the offseason. Not just JPP. Tom Brady was caught on camera jumping off of a cliff. If I was a pro athlete making a gazillion dollars (or had a contract offer for a gazillion dollars sitting on the table!), I would treat my body like a fragile egg when I wasn't playing. If that means never leaving the house in order to protect my biggest asset, my body, then so be it. There will be time after I retire for the stupid stuff.

That all said, I hope he's okay and can continue playing. I'm not a Giants fan, but I've enjoyed watching him play going all the way back to his days at USF against our beloved Huskies.

Reaction Score
I'm always amazed at the stupidity of some of these professional athletes in the offseason. Not just JPP. Tom Brady was caught on camera jumping off of a cliff. If I was a pro athlete making a gazillion dollars (or had a contract offer for a gazillion dollars sitting on the table!), I would treat my body like a fragile egg when I wasn't playing. If that means never leaving the house in order to protect my biggest asset, my body, then so be it. There will be time after I retire for the stupid stuff.

That all said, I hope he's okay and can continue playing. I'm not a Giants fan, but I've enjoyed watching him play going all the way back to his days at USF against our beloved Huskies.

Im also amazed at the the amount of stupid things athletes spend, JPP bought a trailer full of fireworks, there are athletes who have over 10 vehicles do you really need that much. Floyd Mayeweather supposedly has 6 mill dollar car collection. Its their money they can spend what they want, but you wonder why a lot of these guys go bankrupt.

Reaction Score
Im also amazed at the the amount of stupid things athletes spend, JPP bought a trailer full of fireworks, there are athletes who have over 10 vehicles do you really need that much. Floyd Mayeweather supposedly has 6 mill dollar car collection. Its their money they can spend what they want, but you wonder why a lot of these guys go bankrupt.
I read a while Dwayne Wade had 26 leased vehicles for friends and family. It's like they think the money is infinite.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

A lot people who are candidates for the Darwin yearly award.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
JPP is a player I have always liked a lot, but this is going to cost him millions not only this year, but in years to come. He lost at least his index finger and has other issues with his arm and hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom