OT: FSU vs ND | The Boneyard

OT: FSU vs ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't stand ND...BUT I hate FSU worse. I really hope ND can hang on tonight and win. That would pretty much bounce FSU from playoff contention and if ND wins out...they will basically take the ACC's bid to the playoff. Let the fireworks/crying works begin if that happens! When you lay with dogs...you get fleas!!

Reaction Score
Hate jameis.
Go ND.

Fsu's lone quality win, Oklahoma st, got crushed by TCU today.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
FSU's o-line and d-line are not as good as advertised. They are getting eatin' up by the Irish lines.

As much as I hate to say it - go ND.

Reaction Score
ND brings it. I think ND coach Kelly, OSU Urban Meyer, and Saban are the biggest difference makers at coach in college with Art Briles probably in the mix as well. Kelly has won big everywhere he has gone.

Reaction Score
f4ed04c17d6e1cb8447101765be0ffe7_crop_north.jpg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Florida State is going to get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs if Louisville does not take them down first.

Reaction Score
That was a tough call to decide the game.

ND fan here......yep but the right call! He should have just ran his route there was no way anyone was getting to Robinson.......too bad for the Irish would have been a nice W.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
ND fan here.yep but the right call! He should have just ran his route there was no way anyone was getting to Robinson..too bad for the Irish would have been a nice W.
Some plays they call it illegal contact on the defense. ;)

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Man Florida states D ain't so good huh? Jameis is a puss head.

Reaction Score
The PI call was tough, I can see it either way; but, it did look to me that that FSU defenders initiated contact. Putting that call aside, how on earth did the refs miss the FSU back taking off his helmet on the field immediately after the play? Dead ball personal foul. Instead of 4 and goal from the 18, it should have been 4th and goal from the 9 (15 yard personal foul inside the 20, gets half the distance). That is an entirely differently looking final play.

Also, anyone listen to Jimbo Fisher at the end saying that FSU does what is right on and off the field. Really? The game ended on a FSU interception and a dead ball personal foul on FSU not to mention Jameis 'Above the Law' Winston. He's either clueless or a flat out used car salesman.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The PI call was tough, I can see it either way; but, it did look to me that that FSU defenders initiated contact. Putting that call aside, how on earth did the refs miss the FSU back taking off his helmet on the field immediately after the play? Dead ball personal foul. Instead of 4 and goal from the 18, it should have been 4th and goal from the 9 (15 yard personal foul inside the 20, gets half the distance). That is an entirely differently looking final play.

Also, anyone listen to Jimbo Fisher at the end saying that FSU does what is right on and off the field. Really? The game ended on a FSU interception and a dead ball personal foul on FSU not to mention Jameis 'Above the Law' Winston. He's either clueless or a flat out used car salesman.

Two things. Brian Kelly needs a cup of STFU and quit complaining a day later. He sounds like such a loser, when a day later, he basically says FSU's Defense was so bad it bailed them out. Note to Brian, you're not that much a genius that the only way a team can beat you is to be so outmatched by your schemes luck falls in to their lap.

Secondly, I absolutely hooked a couple of friends on Facebook after the game. I went all in on a post saying how it was such a shame the cameras and microphones ruined the special moment between Fisher and Jameis on the 50-yard line of after a nationally televised game. I went deeper with comments about Fisher is showing great character and leadership by not bailing on Winston and sticking by his QB when the easy thing would be to ditch Winston. It was some of my greatest Troll work ever.

Reaction Score
Two things. Brian Kelly needs a cup of STFU and quit complaining a day later. He sounds like such a loser, when a day later, he basically says FSU's Defense was so bad it bailed them out. Note to Brian, you're not that much a genius that the only way a team can beat you is to be so outmatched by your schemes luck falls in to their lap.

I agree that Kelly should stop crying, especially as ND has a history of getting calls its way. That said, regardless of who was on the field, the PI call against ND was close as the initial contact was made by the FSU backs and I saw one with his hands under the should pads of one of the ND receivers, which makes separation difficult. The FSU back who whipped his helmet off in the end zone immediately after the play in front of the referee was a blown call. That rule is clear. Its should have been ND ball at the 9 (halfway the distance between the 18 where the ball was placed after the PI call) and first down (personal foul call equals first down). That is a lot different than 4th down and goal from the 18, which is what happened. From 9 yards out, FSU would have to decide to drop 8 back into coverage, like they did, or not because Golson is a threat to score himself from 9 yards. Could easily go either way.

The ACC saying that no mistake was made is almost as funny as Jimbo saying he runs FSU football the 'right way.' The ACC needs FSU to go undefeated because with 1 loss, they likely do not get into the 4 team playoff due to a weak strength of schedule considering that there will be 2 or even 3 SEC teams with 1 loss at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom