OT flying out of Tweed- New Haven | The Boneyard

OT flying out of Tweed- New Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
going home for Easter and will be flying out of Tweed-New Haven. Has anyone ever flown out of there before? I'm wondering how early I'll need to arrive since I'm coming from Storrs and how frequently the flights get delayed. Any info you may have is appreciated

Reaction Score
Drew, its a flip of the coin with this one. I use Tweed to connect in Philly several times a year and it can be either really good or.... not so good. As far as getting there an hour and a half early like at Bradley due to lines, you do not need to do that which is super helpful. Ive gotten there 40 minutes prior to my flight before without a problem. The only challenge is whether the plane runs into mechanical issues in Philly which has happened to me before and caused me to miss my connection. If things go smooth with the flight, its a great airport to connect out of but if they don't it can be a hassle. Also, keep in mind where you are connecting... Philly is ranked as one of the worst airports to connect in and more importantly has the highest baggage loss % of any airport seemingly every year. That being said, I have lost 2 bags out of Philly over the years. I don't know if this helps but I have had some great experiences out of Tweed, only to be followed by a few not so great.

Reaction Score
I have flown out of Tweed. It is small.... let me say that again... SMALL. No need to get there early, there is nothing to do while you wait. The people you check you in at the front desk are the same people that help board the plane. Just be glad they are not flying you to Philly. I know you are connecting to Philly because that is the only route out of Tweed. BTW it is a turbo prop. As far as delays, I would be more concerned about the conditions in Philly than New Haven. You can park right outside the terminal so that is nice too. The only think I did not like about tweed is the turbo prop. Besides that, as long as you like small airports it is nice.

Drew

Reaction Score
Thanks doggie, I don't think I'll be checking bags since I'll only be making a two day trip and I'll be going HVN-PHL-CLT. Are there any restaurants in the airport or should I eat before? Never been to philly airport either but I think I have like two hours between my HVN-PHL flight and my PHL-CLT flight.

Also how long is the flight to philly from HVN? can't imagine it being that long. And how bouncy/bumpy is the turbo prop plane

Reaction Score
Ive done tweed -philly-charlotte a bunch...

like the others said, no need to get there very early. You'll be blown away at how small it is. Parking and security are a breeze.

Restaurants at Tweed? :) ...try vending machines. You'll have choices in Philly

Drew

Reaction Score
So if I have a 1230 flight I can get there around 11:45/12 and be okay? I'm coming from Storrs so I gotta know when to leave

Reaction Score
So if I have a 1230 flight I can get there around 11:45/12 and be okay? I'm coming from Storrs so I gotta know when to leave

Leave Storrs at 10:30 and you'll be fine.

Reaction Score
I like flying Philly/Tweed vice versa primarily because of the short layovers in Philly. You fly into a tiny round hub with about 8 gates packed together. I've walked off my plane onto the tarmac and then waited 10 minutes and walked onto my connecting flight the next gate over several times. Like clockwork.

This is important because Philly is quite possibly the worst airport in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom