OT - FedEx donates $2.5M for work on Liberty Bowl | The Boneyard

OT - FedEx donates $2.5M for work on Liberty Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- FedEx has donated $2.5 million to the University of Memphis to complete renovation of the video scoreboard and sound system at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium.
The school said in a news release Monday there is an August deadline for the project, in time for the Tigers' first home game Sept. 1 against the University of Tennessee-Martin.
Athletic Director R.C. Johnson said the renovation will result in a state-of-the-art video and sound system.
FedEx is based in Memphis.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...edex.liberty.bowl.ap/index.html#ixzz1tZfT5JQ1

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That's a drop in the bucket compared to what Fedex has paid the Memphis hoop players over the years.

Reaction Score
Our scoreboard needs to be replaced and the new upgrade costs in excess of $1M. Where/who is our FedEx? Moving to The Big East will excite FedEx to even greater levels of givingcxc

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's too bad there aren't any Fortune 500 companies near Hartford that can help out with the Rent and Uconn.

Truth be told, $2.5 million is chump change for FedEx. They could add a 1/10 of 1 cent surcharge on every delivery and make that up in a couple of days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that this is a start of the BE ramp up. Memphis was a good addition.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fedex said they would put up 100mil in time a couple years ago if memphis got the invite. guess the spending has began. throw 25 for a big time facility. 20 all together for some more liberty bowl stuff andf the the rest can make memphis a player on this level. i would have called ups right now if i was warde just for kicks to see if they wanted some action.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
How about ESPN Field?
That could never happen, it's a conflict of interest. EPSN could never name a field or give a single institution their own TV network or even shamelessly promote certain games, conferences or teams based on TV contracts.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's too bad there aren't any Fortune 500 companies near Hartford that can help out with the Rent and Uconn.

Truth be told, $2.5 million is chump change for FedEx. They could add a 1/10 of 1 cent surcharge on every delivery and make that up in a couple of days.

Well, our stadium IS sitting in Pratt&Whitney's complex, so it's not like we don't have corporate support. Also, we have plenty of big companies in CT that could be possibly leveraged (i.e., UTC obviously, GE, Pfizer, General Dynamics, Aetna). I'm more interested in finding a way to leverage our television companies for support (NBC, ESPN)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom