OT- Favortie Richard Dreyfuss movie | The Boneyard

OT- Favortie Richard Dreyfuss movie

Reaction Score
I'm assuming we all love Dreyfuss and he has a pretty extensive filmography, what are some of your favorites?

Reaction Score
Not a huge basketball fan but as an alum I obviously follow, root for, and attend a handful of games. I mostly lurk on the hoops board, but this place is absolutely being destroyed by all of these OT posts.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He always kind of annoyed me, and he seemed to be typecast into roles where he played angry and arrogant. I like Mr. Holland's Opus, but he was insufferable throughout a lot of the movie. But this is more complaining about the roles he played rather than his acting skills, which are good.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Not a huge basketball fan but as an alum I obviously follow, root for, and attend a handful of games. I mostly lurk on the hoops board, but this place is absolutely being destroyed by all of these OT posts.

Good to know. It's our goal here at the Men's Basketball board to cater to the lurkers who have little interest in Men's Basketball.

Reaction Score
Good to know. It's our goal here at the Men's Basketball board to cater to the lurkers who have little interest in Men's Basketball.

Is it our goal to come up with lists of every inane subject people want to talk about? No, it's to engender conversation about college basketball, particularly UConn college basketball. There's an Entertainment forum for this kind of nonsense.

But the answer is Mr. Holland's Opus

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Is it our goal to come up with lists of every inane subject people want to talk about? No, it's to engender conversation about college basketball, particularly UConn college basketball. There's an Entertainment forum for this kind of nonsense.

But the answer is Mr. Holland's Opus

Eh, if a mod wants to crack down on these threads, they can do that, but it's the offseason and we have a large population here. If we eliminated all of the off-topic postings, this place wouldn't see much traffic from April through October. You don't see a whole lot of this once the season starts up.

Reaction Score
Eh, if a mod wants to crack down on these threads, they can do that, but it's the offseason and we have a large population here. If we eliminated all of the off-topic postings, this place wouldn't see much traffic from April through October. You don't see a whole lot of this once the season starts up.

Fair enough.

Reaction Score
. . . this place is absolutely being destroyed by all of these OT posts.
Not to offend, good sir, but this board, during the dog days of summer and early fall, consists substantially of off topic posts. We come here for such things, as well. Believe it or not. How many threads based on overheard car wash conversations do you think we could muster? The OT posts on this board at this time of year are akin to the bondo and rust on my 72 Duster - if not for them, the whole would fall apart.

Reaction Score
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.
Brilliant movie. Back when things didn't need to blow up every 60 seconds between utterances of "Mother F---er" to keep audiences engaged.
This is not a reflection of me or my feelings for my own family, but when he looks at the irritating wife and annoying kids and just leaves, that was awesome.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Stakeout and Mr. Holland's Opus and...yep...Krippendorf's Tribe.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just kidding about Krippendorf's Tribe.

The hottest chick I ever went out with went to that movie with me on date #1. And that was the end of that one.

Tip to daters...never do movies on dates #1 through 5.

Will be looking forward to "Madoff" when it comes to TV . Now filming.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Let It Ride by a nose (See what I did there?).

Others receiving votes (beyond what was already mentioned):
American President,
Stand by Me,
Once Around.

Reaction Score
Let It Ride by a nose (See what I did there?).

Others receiving votes (beyond what was already mentioned):
American President,
Stand by Me,
Once Around.
Once Around is one of my favorites.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jaws

Put in an 'also mentioned' for Always. Not a great movie, but it has its moments.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

1) soon there will be an option to ignore all OT posts. They won't even show up.

2). Don't read 'em.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom