OT: Favorite Feel Good Song | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Feel Good Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
O'Kay then, if we are allowed more than one - and why not - this is my number two. A bit of a family joke really...'cuz we break out with our own rendition at the strangest or goofiest times when we are together. From an artist who could have given us so much more, but then there are a lot in that company.

Janis's Oh Lord, Won't You Buy Me a Mercedes Benz:

OH LORD! How could I have missed that one. I must make amends!

Reaction Score
Home(Finale) from the Broadway musical The Wiz as sung by the incomparable Stephanie Mills.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
copy the screen url, embed it in your post...wallah! Instanto, pressidigitado...it's there.

That's actually not even necessary. All you have to do is copy video URL and paste it into the body of you post. No embedding required. Copying and pasting is all I did for my post above.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

Not to overhype my own post here, but the song I recommended is as beautiful and uplifting as it gets. You gotta love Tracy Chapman. I think it's a law or something.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not to overhype my own post here, but the song I recommended is as beautiful and uplifting as it gets. You gotta love Tracy Chapman. I think it's a law or something.

Yeah, I do think it is a law or something. And that's a fact Jack!

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Can it be anything other than I Like that Old Time Rock and Roll? Bob Segar rocks

Reaction Score
Thanks to the person who started this topic. A lot of wonderful music that I would not immediately think of, and some, with all due respect to the Association, that I'd rather not.

Be that as it may, I have two nominations for your listening pleasure. First, everyone knows Marc Cohn for "Walking in Memphis," but I would submit that isn't close to his best tune. I would nominate this one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-JZFxpuEnw
It evokes such powerful images of a neighbor, the father of a childhood buddy of mine, who was in love with cars.

The second is from Mark Knopfler, who is my favorite performer, hands down. It is a story more than a song, a description of the demise of the part of England where he grew up. The particulars are different (we never had coal mines in New England), but anyone who watched Hartford, or Holyoke or Lowell or Springfield fall into ruin will appreciate this song. It does not make me feel good. It makes me feel alive.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnrPq6ejZmg

If you'd like Knopfler songs that are "feelgood," just ask. I've got a bunch.

Reaction Score
Geez. Cannot believe I forgot Rockaria. I am not sure the ELO ever played a bad note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom