OT: Ex Uconn president not doing so well at Illinois | The Boneyard

OT: Ex Uconn president not doing so well at Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While I enjoyed Hogan during his brief stint when I was a student at UConn, I'm much happier with Herbst manning the helm these days.

Reaction Score
I defended Hogan while he was here, despite the fact that it was obvious he was an egotistical SOB, because CT has a particularly meddlesome legislature when it comes to higher education issues, and they made his job difficult. His departure and other items that have come out after the fact (particularly Hathaway's sweetheart deal) made me reverse my position.

However, the professors are coming off as petty here.

"some of the backlash is a reaction to proposals to change the way the university handles enrollment to centralize admissions and financial aid processing among the three campuses as part of a larger plan to more heavily promote the U. of I. system "brand." Some faculty are concerned that distinctions of each campus would be diminished."

So really, it just comes down to the fact they disagree with him and are unwilling to support his initiatives. So we have a mixture of insubordination and failure of leadership. I think that 126 people should lose their jobs over this -- Hogan, and every signatory to the letter.

Reaction Score
That Hulk Hogan clip reminds me of this episode

around 5m30s mark.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Careful what you say - he publicly repped UConn for the B1G.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Not sure I'd go that far. In a letter to Hathaway he said "hope to see you in the Big 10 soon".

He did more than that:

"Hogan added that he’s unsure if Notre Dame would fit the profile of a Big Ten team, given it isn’t a major research institution. So who would be his first choice?
“UConn. I think UConn would be great,” said the former University of Connecticut president. “And the reason I say that is not just because I was there but because they’re right between the Boston market and the New York market and they have a huge fan and television base.”"

http://www.dailyillini.com/index.php/article/2010/11/ui_president_hogan_talks_illini_athletics

Reaction Score
He did more than that:

"Hogan added that he’s unsure if Notre Dame would fit the profile of a Big Ten team, given it isn’t a major research institution. So who would be his first choice?
“UConn. I think UConn would be great,” said the former University of Connecticut president. “And the reason I say that is not just because I was there but because they’re right between the Boston market and the New York market and they have a huge fan and television base.”"

http://www.dailyillini.com/index.php/article/2010/11/ui_president_hogan_talks_illini_athletics

Ah, missed that one. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01