OT: E-book for grandson | The Boneyard

OT: E-book for grandson

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I'm looking for an e-book for my 10 year old grandson. I like my Kindle but I'm leaning toward a color Nook. Any opinions on the Nook for a kid?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I have a Kindle and an iPad2 - I chose the Kindle over the Nook as a reader (those color screens are just not visible outside) but the Nook was definitely cooler (albeit bigger and heavier). I'd look at the new Kindle Fire as an option if you have to have color over the Nook as the Kindle has more cross platform apps (I read books on my Kindle, iPad, macbook, and even on my android phone.), isn't tied to B&N.

Reaction Score
I'm looking for an e-book for my 10 year old grandson. I like my Kindle but I'm leaning toward a color Nook. Any opinions on the Nook for a kid?
I have a friend who got a color Nook last fall ( maybe Christmas?) Anyway she had a lot of problems both with software, hardware and the "help" at the store. Eventually ditched it and got a different reader. I don't know if the problems were becausee it was so new or if they've fixed them .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You don't mention cost as an issue but...there is now a $79 version of the Kindle that's smaller and lighter and when your grandson loses or breaks it, won't kill your wallet. (My 14 year old was reading on his iPod in the tub and dropped it into the water - I know whereof I speak)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For a kid, I think the Nook Color is a pretty good choice. The color screen is appealing and the extra processing oomph enables a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom