OT-Dookie V really needs to go | The Boneyard

OT-Dookie V really needs to go

Reaction Score
for some reason had the FSU, Louisville game on. Besides his usual blabbering about how good the ACC is top to bottom and that Duke isnt even a top 5 team in the league, he starts talking about how Grayson Allen is being mistreated and ridiculed and it needs to stop and that he made a mistake.

Uh no he didnt make a mistake, he made 3 of them and didnt learn from any of them and seriously could have jeopardized a player's career. Coach K gave him a 1 game stupid suspension because everyone knows the NCAA or ACC doesnt have the balls to do anything against duke.

Reaction Score
If you're gonna defend Allen at this point, your best bet is to push the narrative that his tendencies are reflexive and that his contrition after the fact is both sincere and indicative of the type of person he is off the court. I actually kind of agree with this narrative.

Labeling it a mistake at this point is so stupid that you wonder just how out-of-touch Vitale is with reality, and it's that type of stuff that contributes to the venom being directed his way in the first place.

Reaction Score
If you're gonna defend Allen at this point, your best bet is to push the narrative that his tendencies are reflexive and that his contrition after the fact is both sincere and indicative of the type of person he is off the court. I actually kind of agree with this narrative.

Labeling it a mistake at this point is so stupid that you wonder just how out-of-touch Vitale is with reality, and it's that type of stuff that contributes to the venom being directed his way in the first place.
He is like 90, he is probably senile and does not realize where he is half of the time...Just ignore/mute when he is calling a game. Reminds me of Tommy H. who sounded like he had some beer hidden away while calling games.

Reaction Score
He is like 90, he is probably senile and does not realize where he is half of the time...Just ignore/mute when he is calling a game. Reminds me of Tommy H. who sounded like he had some beer hidden away while calling games.

I actually feel bad for him because he's a genuinely likable guy and I still enjoy having him around the game. I also think he knows more about basketball than people realize, if you can get past the shtick.

He's certainly not built for the role ESPN currently has him playing, though. He's spent a bit too much time in that Tobacco road, Kentucky scene, and as a result his greatest skill - his enthusiasm...marketing ability, even, if you're being generous - is wasted on content that has already passed its saturation point.

Reaction Score
Ya, I bet on a person to person basis, he is probably swell. However, his enthusiasm is usually is focused on/limited to Duke/unc/kentucky/the current #1 team, if different than the aforementioned.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he was doing a Miami game a couple of weeks ago, talked about the amazing run Larranaga had with Mason in 2006

said he made it to the Final Four by beating powerhouses Michigan State and UNC (seemed to forget about the NUMBER ONE SEED Connecticut). I just laughed to myself, classic Dook Vitale

he also loves the Cameron Crazies, never says a word about some of their vile and personally insulting cheers. But when JJ Redick received similar treatment on the road, he starts crying

he's really hard to listen to

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Coach K and the Squid could both rob a bank, kill a hostage, all being on tape and DV would cry their innocence

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm guessing he knows exactly what he's doing like Howard Cosell. He's building the anti sentiment to get people to watch games. He knows it. ESPN knows it. I do what you do and put him on mute, recognize the process and don't let it bother me.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Yeah, hidden away all right...in his belly.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

100%.

You either thought that about ALL of them, or you think he's intentionally trying to hurt people.

I agree with you ... The problem is with Allen is why is that his reflex response? Probably because he's a spoiled baby who's never really been chastised and taught...but I don't think he's a bad kid.

Saying it's a mistake literally makes no sense at this point...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom