Ot: Do You Enjoy Podcasts? | The Boneyard

Ot: Do You Enjoy Podcasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Found Stitcher as an iPhone app that has a ton of them. ESPNU college hoops is ok, gotta deal with Katz and Gottlieb. I notice all the big schools have them. Does UConn? I looked, didn't see one. Why not? Any good sports ones you can recommend?

Reaction Score
Found Stitcher as an iPhone app that has a ton of them. ESPNU college hoops is ok, gotta deal with Katz and Gottlieb. I notice all the big schools have them. Does UConn? I looked, didn't see one. Why not? Any good sports ones you can recommend?

Does UConn have one? That would be progressive for the UConn athletic department. They just discovered facebook and twitter about 30 minutes ago.

I've listened to several, but haven't found a ton that I love, especially on college hoops. I like the NFL Draft Countdown podcast with Scott Wright but don't start listening to them until after college football has ended. They are great for listening to while shoveling out my car...maybe I should go find one for the morning...

Reaction Score
Good question. I'd be interested in knowing good podcasts, sports related or not. Doggcatcher is a nice app for Android, not sure if there is an iphone app as well.

Bill Simmons has some good guests that make interesting podcasts even though I am not a huge fan of his. Avoid his podcasts w/ buddies like Cousin Sal and Jacko.

WTF w/ Marc Maron and Comedy Bang Bang are my two favorite good podcasts, both comedy related.

Reaction Score
sports talk with joe d'ambrosio is the closes thing to a uconn podcast. i am a big fan of wtf great interviews, fitzdog is decent, cbs college basketball podcast is updated weekly, mohr stories is worth a listen

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
CrimsonCast is an Indiana podcast that does a really interesting Bracketology podcast during the season.

If you like soccer, and don't listen to The Football Ramble, then you are missing out.

Reaction Score
Tony Kornheiser's is good (PTI is ok, but I like Tony's better), about 75% sports. Its 1hr condensed version of his DC radio show so you gotta get to know the in-studio characters to get the jokes. Good guests such as Bob Ryan, Jaworski, Wilbon obviously and someone that does movie reviews every Thurs or Friday.

Reaction Score
CBS has a college bball podcast that isn't bad. Stitcher might be the most overused app in the smartphone world.. it's pretty terrible compared to others out there IMO, they dont' even have old episodes.

Reaction Score
The cbs college hoops podcast is okay, although I wish they were more frequent considering podcasting really isn't all that hard to do
The bs report can be good minus uconn hate

My fav podcast is the Joe rogan experience. Its a little "vulgar" so if you are sensitive to that stuff then it is not for you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Huge fan of podcasts.

Not really a huge sports' podcast fan, though. If I want to hear what someone thinks about sports, I will talk out loud to myself. I will occasionally listen to a Simmons podcast depending on the guest.

I listen to Kevin Smith's podcast with Scott Mosier, Smodcast. Smith is funny, Mosier is funnier. Smith has some other podcasts, but I can take or leave 'em.

I also listen to a lot of Twit.tv podcasts, by Leo LaPorte. The best of them are MacBreak Weekly, this Week in Windows and this Week in Tech. I'll scatter some other mostly tech or writing podcasts in as well.

Reaction Score
for those looking for other podcasts of interest here are the ones I listen to during the commute:

History of Rome
Stuff you should know
Stuff you missed in history class
This American Life
RadioLab
Here's the thing(alec baldwin)
TheMoth podcast
NPR Car Talk(hilarious)
BS Report
Slate.com Political Gab Fest(wonky)

Reaction Score
for those who like comedy podcasts I think Bill Burrs Monday Morning podcast is unreal. I like Adam Carollas as well

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My favorite is the In Our Time podcast from the BBC. The best history one I've found is the one by David Blight lecturing about the Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom