OT: Diamond DeShields is Back!!!..[edit] but the Brooklyn Dodgers aren't! | The Boneyard

OT: Diamond DeShields is Back!!!..[edit] but the Brooklyn Dodgers aren't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that she has the ability. To be one of the top five players. If she can stay healthy this year. I see her as being not just a player with great athletic ability. A player learning more about how to play better. Also to train more and take better care of her body. It could be what makes her a great player.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Certainly her mouth is healthy.

"Hopefully I can get back to knowing I'm the best player on the floor as opposed to other people telling me," DeShields said. "It didn't matter what other people said when I was at North Carolina. I knew it. Last year, it was like I had to have that constant reminder in order to even step out and compete sometimes."

Me, I'm from Missouri when it comes to DD.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

"Hopefully I can get back to knowing I'm the best player on the floor as opposed to other people telling me," DeShields said. "It didn't matter what other people said when I was at North Carolina. I knew it. Last year, it was like I had to have that constant reminder in order to even step out and compete sometimes."

D0es she have teammates?

Reaction Score

"I definitely want to be player of the year — SEC and national player of the year," DeShields said. "Whatever player of the year honors there are to get, I want it all. I want to make a defensive team. I never really got a defensive award, and I'm going to try to do that this year."

Gag me :eek::eek::eek::eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that she has the ability. To be one of the top five players. If she can stay healthy this year. I see her as being not just a player with great athletic ability. A player learning more about how to play better. Also to train more and take better care of her body. It could be what makes her a great player.
Health is not the only barrier to Diamond becoming a top 5 player. Proper guidance and the ability to submit to such guidance are far more significant barriers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Interesting quote. Though it certainly doesn't sound like the "ALPHA" player the "future coach" of the Lady Vols kept insisting she was last year. Well, what can one expect when the "coach jumps" from middle school to D1 ? Truly a legend in his own mind.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Health is not the only barrier to Diamond becoming a top 5 player. Proper guidance and the ability to submit to such guidance are far more significant barriers.
I do think one thing she said in the article."When I was at North Carolina, I was like a little firecracker ... a puppy off a leash, just running around like crazy, happy, energetic, excited," DeShields said. "Now I have that energy and have that excitement, but I'm a bigger dog now. I can sit, watch, observe and choose when to attack and when not to attack as opposed to always being one speed." I think she is understanding more how to play the game.
I think that can help her become that player. She has the talent that and staying healthy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"I definitely want to be player of the year — SEC and national player of the year," DeShields said. "Whatever player of the year honors there are to get, I want it all. I want to make a defensive team. I never really got a defensive award, and I'm going to try to do that this year."

In her defense she also talked about "winning a national championship with my teammates, and one day being selected to represent my Countrt at the Olympics" Oh wait, never mind. She only talks about herself, her greatness and what individual honors she wants to win for herself. Gross. UConn dodged a bullet with this one.

Reaction Score

Oh may god blesses her mouth ...LOL.
But she is a brave girl. Even Stewie would not say that

Reaction Score
I do think one thing she said in the article."When I was at North Carolina, I was like a little firecracker ... a puppy off a leash, just running around like crazy, happy, energetic, excited," DeShields said. "Now I have that energy and have that excitement, but I'm a bigger dog now. I can sit, watch, observe and choose when to attack and when not to attack as opposed to always being one speed." I think she is understanding more how to play the game.
I think that can help her become that player. She has the talent that and staying healthy.
She used the word "I" 5 times in the 2 sentences you quoted. Ain't gonna win any national championship, and she knows it.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII......

Reaction Score
Growing up in an athletic family, I'm sure there was lots of pressure and preoccupation with achievement. I personally cut her some slack. And, like her or not, she has charisma. The camera follows her everywhere, like it does Dee (I am not comparing them!).

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She used the word "I" 5 times in the 2 sentences you quoted. Ain't gonna win any national championship, and she knows it.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.
I remember when Parker was at Tennessee. There were some that thought it was all about her. That worked out pretty good for Tennessee.

Reaction Score
A full water glass does not make any noise. A half filled water glass, on the other hand.....

Reaction Score
I remember when Parker was at Tennessee. There were some that thought it was all about her. That worked out pretty good for Tennessee.
Are you comparing Parker's skills to DD's? Because, I personally don't see any similarities. But I didn't see Parker at TENN that much... only when they played UCONN.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

There are four I's and one I'm in this quote. She seems to be single minded.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It would also help if she had better shot selection, wasn't such a ball hog and learned to move without the ball. Also, how about staying in front of your man on defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom