OT- Curry | The Boneyard

OT- Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Shall I dare to say Curry is matching three point skills with Ray Ray? Or better. However, Curry is playing at another level. He reminds me of Napier with his acrobatic layups. Now the shots from downtown, another story.

Reaction Score
Shall I dare to say Curry is matching three point skills with Ray Ray? Or better. However, Curry is playing at another level. He reminds me of Napier with his acrobatic layups. Now the shots from downtown, another story.

Uh Oh.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Guy would be just an average shooter had he played in Ray's era, IMO.

Champs, I like your posts, but this is just plain dumb. Curry is going to go down as the best shooter of all time if he keeps up his pace. And in fact, he's still getting better... somehow. Kid is just ridiculous and there's no guarantee he'll have Ray's longevity, but he's head-and-shoulders the best shooter in the NBA right now, and maybe ever.

Reaction Score
Champs, I like your posts, but this is just plain dumb. Curry is going to go down as the best shooter of all time if he keeps up his pace. And in fact, he's still getting better... somehow. Kid is just ridiculous and there's no guarantee he'll have Ray's longevity, but he's head-and-shoulders the best shooter in the NBA right now, and maybe ever.

If you watch him play you will realize that he is only average on good/open shot attempts. He makes a ton of ridiculous shots that no self respecting coach would condone. If he played in the old days with a tough coach who had a spine, he would just be an average player IMO.

Reaction Score
If you watch him play you will realize that he is only average on good/open shot attempts. He makes a ton of ridiculous shots that no self respecting coach would condone. If he played in the old days with a tough coach who had a spine, he would just be an average player IMO.

He wouldn't last playing for an old-school guy like Bobby Knight. Kid is plenty arrogant to be taking the shots he does with bulldogs like Bogut and Ezeli in the post. And don't even get me started on the hand-check era...guy wouldn't even be able to get a shot against Bruce Bowen.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Panang, Red, Jungle, Green and Massaman. I love them all but Red is generally my favorite.
Swing and a miss.

Stick to pizza?

Reaction Score

Um, does a guy named Niels Giffey ring a bell? Two time national champion? Kid was a marksman. Put him in Golden State's system and he's putting up Curry numbers tomorrow.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
Panang, Red, Jungle, Green and Massaman. I love them all but Red is generally my favorite.
The jungle curry at jeera is pretty damn fiery. Love that stuff. I'm a green curry by default at unknown places, but love em all too

Reaction Score
I'm guessing there is some serious sarcasm in this thread, if not these are some absurd observations.

Reaction Score
Everything I can't stand about Curry can be encapsulated in his one ret@rded comment that, "I want to be better than Michael Jordan."

Great shooter, very good all around player - so far away from being in the same conversation with Jordan that it's laughable, but today's rules and 3 point dominance allow that particular dementia.

Can't stand him and can't stand the style of ball that he plays, notwithstanding whether it sells tickets. Jacking up 3s every other possession is not, to me, basketball. It's something different. World B. Free bombing ball or something, where the reward for long shots is skewed. Widen the court, move the 3 point line back, or make it a 2.5 point shot.

The thought that this clown, who can barely defend one position on the court, is arrogant enough to compare himself to Jordan, who was a tremendous all around player, including defender, and not a guy with a long range gimmick shot on which his entire game is based, is putrid.

Reaction Score
33616841.jpg

Reaction Score
Everything I can't stand about Curry can be encapsulated in his one ret@rded comment that, "I want to be better than Michael Jordan."

Great shooter, very good all around player - so far away from being in the same conversation with Jordan that it's laughable, but today's rules and 3 point dominance allow that particular dementia.

Can't stand him and can't stand the style of ball that he plays, notwithstanding whether it sells tickets. Jacking up 3s every other possession is not, to me, basketball. It's something different. World B. Free bombing ball or something, where the reward for long shots is skewed. Widen the court, move the 3 point line back, or make it a 2.5 point shot.

The thought that this clown, who can barely defend one position on the court, is arrogant enough to compare himself to Jordan, who was a tremendous all around player, including defender, and not a guy with a long range gimmick shot on which his entire game is based, is putrid.
Wow, you sound like a huge clown. Yup, Curry just jacks up threes every possession that's why he's the most efficient paint scorer in the NBA, arguably the best dribbler and passer in the NBA, #5 in defensive rating for point guards, going to win back to back MVP's and barring major injuries probably going to lead his team to more wins than the 72 win Bulls team.

Reaction Score
The thing with Curry is that he'd be ridiculously good even without the three point line. Guy is shooting 59% on two-point field goals this season.

Reaction Score

This is either a drunk or an old person comment and I know you aren't that old. Jordan is once in a lifetime and Curry is no Jordan. But Curry might be once in a lifetime too. Enjoy it while you can. This is a new take though and I appreciate it. Usually my drunk uncles complain about carrying the ball, travelling and dunking the ball, and not being too skilled.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If I had a kid who played pro basketball I would disown him if he said he didn't want to be better that Michael Jordan. How can anyone challenge that statement?

Another MJ is out there and/or on their way and perhaps a better version.

Reaction Score

You sound like one of the women's fans when they're discussing dunks.

Reaction Score

You damn kids get off of my lawn!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Make it a 2.5 point shot? How would the ref signal that shot. Two finger on one hand and a bent finger on the other hand? Good points. Hate to keep changing the game.
Could you imagine the arena announcer? Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! to Twooooooooooooooo and halfffffffffffffff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom