OT- Cubs win at Wrigley | The Boneyard

OT- Cubs win at Wrigley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cubs just took out the Cards for their first ever series win at Wrigley in the playoffs, it's hard to wrap your head around that type of historical suckitude. The fans have waited over 100 years but the payoff could be huge, a lot of baseball left to be played but this could be the start of a dynasty. It's pretty much unheard of having a team with this many studs that are barely legal drinking age.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If they make the WS or win I wonder if they will bring back Steve Bartman Bill Buckner-style.

Reaction Score
Cubs just took out the Cards for their first ever series win at Wrigley in the playoffs, it's hard to wrap your head around that type of historical suckitude. The fans have waited over 100 years but the payoff could be huge, a lot of baseball left to be played but this could be the start of a dynasty. It's pretty much unheard of having a team with this many studs that are barely legal drinking age.

it's talk of dynasties-in-the-making and foreshadowed victories that get teams like the Cubs in trouble in the first place. Until a trophy is actually in the Cub locker room and surrounded by smiling players, I really wouldn't say another word.

Reaction Score
If they make the WS or win I wonder if they will bring back Steve Bartman Bill Buckner-style.
Fans started a gofundme to get Bartman to the wild card game against the Pirates but Bartman speaking through his agent declined and said he would be watching from home, the fact that Steve Bartman has an agent is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Reaction Score
it's talk of dynasties-in-the-making and foreshadowed victories that get teams like the Cubs in trouble in the first place. Until a trophy is actually in the Cub locker room and surrounded by smiling players, I really wouldn't say another word.
If the Cubs players were looking ahead it certainly would be a problem. Me pointing out how loaded they are with young talent on a message board shouldn't have much of an effect on how they perform. I wish I had that kind of power but I don't.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Fans started a gofundme to get Bartman to the wild card game against the Pirates but Bartman speaking through his agent declined and said he would be watching from home, the fact that Steve Bartman has an agent is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Speaks more to how nutty (read sh!tty) people reacted to the guy. The agent's sole purpose is to keep people away from Bartman. He just wants privacy and needed a barrier. Agent is a family friend.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much the Sox would be willing to pay to have Theo back at this point! LOL

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wonder how much the Sox would be willing to pay to have Theo back at this point! LOL

Probably nothing. The owners are arrogant SOBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom