OT: Connecticut Pharmacists Assn. Meeting... | The Boneyard

OT: Connecticut Pharmacists Assn. Meeting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spent the day getting 8 C.E. credits at the Mid Winter Meeting. The lunch break room at Aquaturf was also the exhibition hall. Ran into Jay Rose's dad, whose employer was one of the sponsors of the event. Congratulated him on his son sealing the deal. He was relieved that the commitment process was completed. We chatted for a few moments on various topics (Jay going to UCONN, Big-12 meetings, pharmacy proprietary information) & finished by welcoming him & his family into our UCONN family.
On another front, the School of Pharmacy had an exhibition table at the event. As I was wearing a UCONN FOOTBALL warmup jacket, the student rep. asked if I was an alumnus. When I replied in the affirmative, she talked me into taking a promotional picture in front of the booth. I signed a release form, & then posed with a "I am..." placard & the snapshot was taken. Just another day representing the 'Yard at an event. Got a free School of Pharmacy portable cell phone charger for my troubles.

Reaction Score
OK I will ask. What medication can you get us to calm our conference realignment fears? I will meet you in the back alley in 10 minutes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There should be a mandatory valium drip (say 5MG/min.) for the CR board.

Reaction Score
Onto the Pulpit: As pharmacist we are the least likely to joke about those medications. Nasty stuff, more addictive, dangerous, and harder to withdraw from then almost anything out there. Unfortunately, they are the norm in society now. Don't get me wrong they help plenty of people. I just see way too much of it.

Off the Pulpit: Keep fighting the good fight Coach. You community pharmacy guys are a special breed (as he types from his M-F job at a corporate office building in Farmington). The Uconn Pharmacy school has definitely stepped it up with their out reach in the past few years along with the rest of the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom