OT: Chip Kelly | The Boneyard

OT: Chip Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we have a repeat 2-10 season and Chip gets canned, we'd have to take serious look at making that happen... but, honestly, I think this team will have a big turn around in the W/L column this year...

Reaction Score
How about Iowa's coach Kirk Ferentz?
no...and don't care if he's a UCONN alumn.. he didn't care too much for us... that'd be almost like hiring PP all over again... almost... I think he can still win a few more games than PP...

Reaction Score
BTW, back to Chip Kelly... I'm not completely sold that he'll fail... His team did finish above .500 and was on the cusp of the playoffs... and his teams produce on offense, so don't count him out... He's in my division (NFC East)... I know my Cowboys won't be sleeping on him...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
no...and don't care if he's a UCONN alumn.. he didn't care too much for us... that'd be almost like hiring PP all over again... almost... I think he can still win a few more games than PP...
Really? He was an AD donor last I checked. I'm not advocating for him but I guess I'm a little surprised that he would have dislike for his alma mater.

Reaction Score
Really? He was an AD donor last I checked. I'm not advocating for him but I guess I'm a little surprised that he would have dislike for his alma mater.
we as alumnus should donate to a school went to... my opinion.. thought you were referring to him potentially coming here to coach. don't think it would happen..

Reaction Score
we as alumnus should donate to a school went to... my opinion.. thought you were referring to him potentially coming here to coach. don't think it would happen..

Did John Silver ghost write this post?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
If we have a repeat 2-10 season and Chip gets canned, we'd have to take serious look at making that happen... but, honestly, I think this team will have a big turn around in the W/L column this year...

First of all, we'd hire Chip Kelly regardless, and that's not even a knock on Diaco.

Second, the idea that you think UCONN is currently even in the same stratosphere as a Chip Kelly level coach is laughable. We would be the 80th in line.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Chip isn't long for the NFL unless he develops that Belichick level charm, meaning winning a lot. Otherwise, players won't want to go there or will be looking to leave. I'm sure he doesn't care as USC or any number of deep pocketed programs will hire him on the Pete Carroll plan.

The only way UConn would get a meeting is if he's fired for mild political incorrectness.

Reaction Score
The only way UConn would get a meeting is if he's fired for mild political incorrectness.

We forced out an assistant for mild political incorrectness.

OP:

Chip Kelly will never coach at UConn. No. Matter. What.

Reaction Score
He already turned down Edsall to com here as OC a while back...he isn't coming here and we don't need a coach..we have one who is in yr 2 of a MAJOR rebuilding project!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
FDNY is right but even if the Eagles were to can him there would be a list of P-5 schools lined up willing to offer Kelly more per year than we committed to Diaco for the entirety of his contract.

Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
Chip isn't long for the NFL unless he develops that Belichick level charm, meaning winning a lot. Otherwise, players won't want to go there or will be looking to leave. I'm sure he doesn't care as USC or any number of deep pocketed programs will hire him on the Pete Carroll plan.

He has been winning alot.

Reaction Score
The owner loves Chip. The fans love Chip. The players love Chip. He's going nowhere. And when he does leave, he will not head north on 95 to CT.

Reaction Score
If I was gonna put $$ on where Chip Kelley would end up if he goes back to college...Austin TX replacing Charlie Strong..UT hopes for a Pete Carroll/Nick Saban type performance

Reaction Score
The guy might be a dick but he wins a lot. You need to be an to win most good coaches are. Bill Belichick got a lot of criticism in his first season with the Pats.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
And the season hasn't even started yet

Reaction Score
Do the "New Hampshire mafia" and friends care for New England football??

Unless they are thinking the Patriots have done enough to inspire a fertile recruiting ground, which still sounds unlikely given the extremely diverse demographics.

Diaco might care for Northeast football but he has yet to prove he can do anything apart from recruiting. And talk up a storm. I hope he wins 5+ games.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
For a sport that supposedly is full of "tough" people... you get a coach that is the least bit caustic (and especially if he bucks conventional wisdom) and everyone whines like a 5 year old.

The guy's gone 20-12 with Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez, and Michael Vick as his starting QBs. He's not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom