OT: Champions League Final | The Boneyard

OT: Champions League Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Having trouble coming up with a rooting interest since I don't follow German soccer. Can one of the soccer mavens here tell me why the current best team in the world is replacing their manager after the game?

Reaction Score
Having trouble coming up with a rooting interest since I don't follow German soccer. Can one of the soccer mavens here tell me why the current best team in the world is replacing their manager after the game?
Munich routinely poaches the best players from their closest competitor. They bought dortmund's best player, who actually would be playing for Dortmund today if he wasn't "hurt". That alone has me supporting Dortmund.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm also rooting for Dortmund, who is clearly the underdog in today's match. However, Bayern has been playing some inspired soccer lately (Juventus, Barcelona), and it's hard to imagine a scenario where Borussia Dortmund wins today. We'll see...

Reaction Score
I'm pulling for Dortmund - being the underdog - but I expect Bayern to win handily. They did play to two 1-1 draws in league play this season though.

Reaction Score
Dortmund ... Lewandowski, Blaszczykowski, and Piszczek ... The Polish 3 Amigos!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Scoreless after a half of play. Dortmund had some chances, if Bayern breaks through the pressure will be squarely on the yellow and black. Dortmund has a player named Bender so that makes it easy for me to support them.

Reaction Score
Dortmund defender snatches it off the line in the 71st minute. 1 - 1

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Great match. Robben got it done, give him credit. Dortmund really needed to score on one of those first half chances.

Reaction Score
That game was a pleasure to watch. Great goal-tending and nice to see Ribery and Robben on the long end of it.

Reaction Score
Great end to a great match. The way Bayern were pressing in the second half it was only a matter of time. Can't fault Dortmund for their fight and character.

However ... can anything be done about the diving and embellishment? It is one aspect of the game that I just can't bring myself to accept. Muller, Ribery, and even Robben were diving at the slightest contact. Shameful, pathetic, and unnecessary. Heavily fine these acts after the fact and rid the game of the drama.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can pretty much watch any countries play soccer but can't get into the club game at all.

Reaction Score
Great end to a great match. The way Bayern were pressing in the second half it was only a matter of time. Can't fault Dortmund for their fight and character.

However ... can anything be done about the diving and embellishment? It is one aspect of the game that I just can't bring myself to accept. Muller, Ribery, and even Robben were diving at the slightest contact. Shameful, pathetic, and unnecessary. Heavily fine these acts after the fact and rid the game of the drama.

They'd need another ref to even hope to correct it. Field is way too big to keep every angle covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom