OT - Can we kick the RU posters off this site? | The Boneyard

OT - Can we kick the RU posters off this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man, I know the mods pride themselves on tolerance from other fanbases, but these 'holier-than-thou' Rutty posters who cheer for a school that has won NOTHING are really p!ssing me off! For them to think they 'earned' their spot in the BIG just makes me sick.

/rant

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If nothing else, our B1G friends who come over here are getting their first taste of what they're getting themselves into next season!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Man, I know the mods pride themselves on tolerance from other fanbases, but these 'holier-than-thou' Rutty posters who cheer for a school that has won NOTHING are really p!ssing me off! For them to think they 'earned' their spot in the BIG just makes me sick.

/rant

Before they are approved to post, they should be forced to create a top 10 list of greatest rutgers sports moments.

In the words of clemenza "Oh, Ruttie? ... won't see him no more. "

Reaction Score
I would think, even with annoying opposing fan bases, that they would still be welcome here simply because the 'Yard doesn't get nearly the volume of traffic of opposing fans that it used to since we moved in August 2011. We're kind of on an island here. Most of them don't want to go to the trouble of creating a new account just to post here, unlike the previous two boards.

And for what it's worth regarding RU, they're in the B1G because of geography. Period.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rutgers fans are the two years of the internet, always looking for validation. Essentially they are this:

Reaction Score
If nothing else, our B1G friends who come over here are getting their first taste of what they're getting themselves into next season!
Yeah Dooley I just perused the RU site and saw some crazy posters but they are a minority but in this case unlike ACC posters who are making a B1G effort to divide our Fan Base's I'll leave this thread to you guys out of respect. Most folks in Jersey want you guys in with us and deserve has nothing to do with it! Think about it! Its always 1st and foremost about developing longterm relationships with brother or peer schools.

Reaction Score
The fringers on RU's boards are similar in nature to several right here I won't participate with or put on ignore....every fanbase has them!

Reaction Score
forgot who it was, but day after Uconn's dual NC's a popular poster here was trolling on the Syracuse boards.

Trolls are literally s: everyone has one and they all stink. Uconn nation is no different.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't go in to your house and tell you you suck, so don't come in to our house and tell us we suck. Because then I reserve the right to want to punch you in the face. Not just RU fans (Nicky you've been respectful) but our BCU visitors and that shtstain okie too.

Reaction Score
I don't go in to your house and tell you you suck, so don't come in to our house and tell us we suck. Because then I reserve the right to want to punch you in the face. Not just RU fans (Nicky you've been respectful) but our BCU visitors and that shtstain okie too.
Thanks Mike I can guess who our "popular poster" on SU's board was....I tried warning u guys but a friend here asked me to ease off him!! I tried to no avail but he's now exposed!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have never been to any other team's board (unless there is a link to a thread about UCONN's CR in a thread on the 'Yard) and I have never posted on another team's board. I just don't care enough about any other team to read what their fans are writing. I'm fairly confident that every set of fans are like ours: will fight to the death in support of their team.

That said, I like that we have so many fans from other teams here. Many offer very good insights and perspective. Sure, we get trolls like okielite from time to time. Either ignore those fools or F with 'em. Sooner or later, they'll get the cut and they'll leave with a little UCONN in their mouths.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that the RU guys provide unintentional comedy relief.

The buggsy guy in particular is a special kind of loser.

Reaction Score
There are good (Nicky and Jay) and there are bad (buggsy and the other guy) and there insane but loveable (Al).

I like to give Nicky crap, but he has grown on me. I still hate the dual RU/UConn fandom bit, but to each his own.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I like to give Nicky crap, but he has grown on me. I still hate the dual RU/UConn fandom bit, but to each his own.
I got tired and set them to ignore. it makes some threads schizophrenic, but what the hey... the yard is that way most days anyway.

Reaction Score
It's good to get acclimated to fans from future conference rivals ;)

In football, RU has always been a fun rival.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

/rant

Use the ignore feature

Reaction Score
I like the RU posters. Besides, how can a team that has never won anything get under your skin?

Reaction Score
Meh, I don't mind any other fanbase posting on this board

Reaction Score
Meh, I don't mind any other fanbase posting on this board
It wasn't all of them. I actually like posters from other schools posting here too (for the most part). But at the time I posted this there were two or three new RU posters who were just stirring up trouble and being obnoxious.
Just needed to rant, that's all.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The only guy (currently) who deserves the boot is that MSND guy.

There are troll posters,
There are stupid/uninformed posters,
There are incoherent posters.

He's the first triple threat we've seen around here in a while.

Reaction Score
The only guy (currently) who deserves the boot is that MSND guy.

There are troll posters,
There are stupid/uninformed posters,
There are incoherent posters.

He's the first triple threat we've seen around here in a while.

I had to place him on ignore after he wrote meat chicken.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that the RU guys provide unintentional comedy relief.

The buggsy guy in particular is a special kind of loser.

Thanks, It's my pleasure making you laugh as I remind you we have moved on to a real conference, and in 5 years your football team will be playing in front of less than 10,000 fans.

Pretty funny, isn't it Jimmy? Glad I can make you laugh.

Reaction Score
Thanks, It's my pleasure making you laugh as I remind you we have moved on to a real conference, and in 5 years your football team will be playing in front of less than 10,000 fans.

Pretty funny, isn't it Jimmy? Glad I can make you laugh.

Hey I'm just glad you guys will finally let someone else dominate the conference.

Tying your self worth to a college athletic department is never a good idea. Especially when that athletic program is Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom