OT - Calais Campbell makes record donation Miami Hurricanes | The Boneyard

OT - Calais Campbell makes record donation Miami Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-football...dinals-makes-record-donation-miami-hurricanes

Very worthy cause (scholarship) and nice gesture on his part.
Miami will rename its defensive line room after Campbell, making him the sixth former Hurricane to have an area of the football offices named after him.

Have any current UConn/NFL players done something similiar for UConn? Are there rooms named for past players like that in the UConn facilities if anyone knows?

Reaction Score
Hathaway and company never approached out NFL alumni for anything. They are being approached now from what I'm told.

Reaction Score
Hathaway? I recognize he was not the greatest - but fundraising from alums is now the AD's job? C'mon

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hathaway? I recognize he was not the greatest - but fundraising from alums is now the AD's job? C'mon

Yeah that's pretty much their biggest responsibility behind hiring coaches.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Will Beatty contract wasn't as big but still not bad at "On February 27, 2013, Will re-signed with the New York Giants. Will signed a 5-year contract worth up to $38.75 million, with $19 million guaranteed and a $12.5 million signing bonus."

Reaction Score
Yeah that's pretty much their biggest responsibility behind hiring coaches.
Yup, fundraising responsibilities is a really new revelation for ADs. ;) Hathaway simply ignored, fell down on that part of his job, or not too many people liked him enough to donate too much. No idea what Manuel's helped bring in for UCONN athletics, but it's most definitely one of his job responsibilities as is fundraising for most big time university athletic directors.

Reaction Score

Yeah he asked both his friends but neither one would contribute!

Reaction Score
Yup, fundraising responsibilities is a really new revelation for ADs. ;) Hathaway simply ignored, fell down on that part of his job, or not too many people liked him enough to donate too much. No idea what Manuel's helped bring in for UCONN athletics, but it's most definitely one of his job responsibilities as is fundraising for most big time university athletic directors.

Hathaway had a job? Could have fooled me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom